Life Quality Poll 2007

How has the past year treated you?

• Absolutely shitty

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • O.K, no complaints.

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • My life is excellent, Hugh Hefner would be envious.

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters
Best year ever so far. Making more money than I ever did, having the best job I ever had (and best co-workers). My girlfriend is staying with me at the moment and I got a nice tax return report the other day. Life is peachy.

Dang. That sucks. But only from the perspective of a married parent. If you were solo, that'd be fine. Like I said, just wait till the wife can go back to work. The tot can go to preschool when she's 3 but it costs. Then, if Houston's schools are as bad as everyone else's, you'll want her to go to private school, which is pretty expensive. Basically, children change your life like nothing else. Oh, yeah, don't forget that you'll want another one so the first one can have someone to play with. My advice is to have the next one RIGHT NOW. I'm not joking, just get it over with because the sooner you have them, the sooner they're in elementary school and the sooner the wife can go back to work and the sooner you can become a firefighter.

that sucks J about your mom, sorry to hear that. At least you got the kid to cheer you up. She looks like a handful.

Might as well bring it up on this board as you all knew about it already and the questions would come down the line ... but we lost the baby over a month ago. :(
We have an answer as to "why" so we'll try again in a few months. It's been tough on the wife at first, but she's pretty resilient and feels a bit better.
For me it hit me hard, as I was kind of preparing for this life change in the summer and looking forward to the change. But now I feel back to square one and trying to figure out what to do with my time for the rest of the year.
Business has been good, getting a lot of high-end Broadway projects and got to the point where new clients are calling me and I don't have to hound them ... so this is great.
The housing situation is dismal in NY price wise, but I am digging the place we live for now so it will have to do for at least another 1.5 years. Although I am open if a killer deal comes along to get something. We were thinking to purchase something in Europe too.

And J., my wife was an accountant in Poland and is now finishing college here for it as well. There are great opportunities especially with all the world economy in turmoil. I've been trying to get her to concentrate on "forensic accounting" ... reading about it made it super interesting.

aww man sorry for Lurch and J. Losing someone of your family must be awful, I consider myself lucky it never happened yet. Well I kinda feel bad saying my life is doing better nowadays, I just asked a girl for a date and she said yes soo we'll see how it goes. Studies are a major pain in the ass, but at least I'm sure to get a well paid job once I'm done..

No one noticed my grandmother died and I'm having another child? I'm calling the care crew right now!

Sorry to hear about that shit J., dorian, and Lurch.

My life is good. I seriously must be spoiled or something because I have never felt that my life is shit or bad.

I'm scared for real life... :erk:

Disclaimer: When I say my life is going bad these days, its only relative 'cause I know I have it pretty good and have been quite spoiled by my awesome parents.

Man, the real low point was that week in England with that crazy fucking crackhead Peters... what a dork.

about to graduate at last (assuming i pass all my classes, yeesh), going on a tour of the SW with the METAL SHAKESPEARE CO BABY for two weeks in may/june, summer is coming, got lots of gigs lined up, shit's goin great with my lovely gf of over a year...no job but who the fuck cares :kickass:

of course atm i can hear my roommate bangin his gf at a deafening volume even though the wall between our rooms used to be an *exterior wall*

i guess you can't win em all

My job has been ridiculously easy the past couple of weeks. I've had so many 4-6 hour days that I don't know what's going on. My boss isn't selling enough Coke so the shelves are empty and there's fuck all to do!

Got a big raise recently. Girlfriend is moving in with me permanently next month. Life is good at the moment.