Link an Event to a Song

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
Try to list different events in your life (Important moments, places you pass, things you do, times of the year, etc) that remind you of a certain band or song... Or vice-versa. Name a song or band that reminds you of important moments, places you pass, things you do, times of the year, etc in your life!

I'll start with one I was reminded with today since it was the first real snow fall here.

The album 'Once' by Nightwish. Especially the song Ghost Love Score.

Last winter I listened to this song (and the album 'Once') everytime I went out walking in the snow. The silence, snow on the ground, color white and snow flakes breezing into my face remind me of this song/album It is just so absolutely beautiful (Both the walking and the music :D)

i also always listen to "Walking in the Air", a cover by Nightwish (the original was used for the animated short "the Snowman" whenever its snowy outside. Last year i had to walk about a mile through 1 foot of snow in the middle of a blizzard to go take care of some1s dog, and i had that on and it was so good.

Anal cunt songs always remind me of events in my life.

:lol: j/k

Jason Becker - Altitudes is the song that my gf and i share a fondness of. It's our song. Whenver i hear a Vex song it takes me back home to my friends that i never see anymore.

SILENT(-)SCREAM said:
i also always listen to "Walking in the Air", a cover by Nightwish (the original was used for the animated short "the Snowman" whenever its snowy outside. Last year i had to walk about a mile through 1 foot of snow in the middle of a blizzard to go take care of some1s dog, and i had that on and it was so good.

That movie fucking rocks.

Here's my shot.

Luna Sea - Rosier -> Reminds me of a friend of mine that kinda has the same name, and who I must say I like a whole lot.

X Japan - Art of Life -> Reminds me of the end of a huge love relatioship I had. And seriously the lyrics to this song are like a poem.

Megadeth - In my Darkest Hour -> Reminds me of going to school every morning, just because when I was a Senior I used to liste to this song every day before I went to school.

Stratovarius - Against the Wind -> This is song the song I put whenever I feel too stressed out. Mainly because it tells you that you must keep going in life no matter what, or how many obstacles.

I can't listen to Evergrey anymore because of my ex-fiance. I got her into Evergrey so it was like 'our' band. Our song was Watching the Skies. Dumb bitch ruined Evergrey for me.

Joe Satriani - War takes me back to 10th grade. I listened to The Extremist for like, a month straight at school.

That's all I can think of. I'm tired.

NP: Emperor - The Loss and Curse of Reverence

Hmmm, here's my go.

Iron Madien - Aces High I had a day dream in flight school with this song in it so the song reminds me of flight school.

Children Of Bodom - Towards dead End Last year I used to listen to this song everyday before I went to school.

Nightwish - Dead Gardens I sang this infront of my vocal class last year for a project, so each time I walk into my vocal class I think of this song. :lol: I got a 98% on that project! :D