It's christmas time...

erni

+_*
Jan 7, 2007
somewhere near Osnabrück, Germany.
...yay! :)

Here you can talk about the best time of the year! :D

For example: your feelings in those few weeks before christmas, what kind of presents you give to your friends and family, how you spend the christmas time, typical things for christmas, Santa Claus, what you will you do on 24th, 25th and 26th December, post christmas pictures, aaaaand many more things that you can think of! :)

uhm, I hope that there will be a lot snow this year...christmas without snow is like the night sky without stars.
I don't have those typical "yay, it's christmas time"-feelings yet, but that will come soon.. the latest will be last school day, because then the whole school sings christmas songs together with one teacher, and then it's time for Feliz Navidad!! (that's a typical last-schoolday-before-christmas-song), I love it. :)
I also didn't buy or make any presents yet, but I'll do that soon too... hmm, and 24th December my family and I will go to a forest and walk around a bit and sit down somewhere with some candles and cookies.. just like last year. :) and 25th/26th December I'll be with my grandparents, like always...
I'll also try to bake some cookies.. I'll see if I find the time for this. :)
oh and... the best thing: I have a chocolate calendar for christmas, now every day begins with a piece of chocolate... whoaaa, can't be better! :D

now you! :)

This is my time of the year :p all I will ask for is a new set of strings for my guitar :p All my family will come here in my parents house, there will be like 96 kids running around and screaming at the same time :mad: Tomorrow we will pick up a new christmas tree, and my sister and mom will decorate it, we'll make a gift exchange this year and I don't know what to give to my sister :erk: I'll have to ask my other sister what I should give to her :lol:

I have to keep working and shite to earn enough money for gifts. So far I bought 3 people some gifts.

I always got that 'christmas feeling' when i saw this advert. I havent seen it these past couple of years though :(

I'm the same Corny..am so last minute with everything >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Christmas...moreso this year than in past.

I hate the BS consumerism, the fact that stores start preparing for the holiday right after halloween, the mobs at the mall, the same 8 songs being played constantly over and over and over and over, the fact that my family isn't the same family as it used to be so now the holiday has become more of a hassle than an enjoyment.

Baaaah humbug.

honestly christmas time is amazing, i love the holiday's. it just has this feeling about it that you can't compete with, the cheeriness and the family etc. etc. especially if it snows a lot, which is doesnt where i live. it just adds to it all.

sinister-santa.jpg

<3 santi

the 20th i'm going to paris for x-mas shopping :D

the 24th, 25th and 26th i'll be studying -_-'

x-mas makes me want to make cookies, cakes and alike... the whole of december does really... tomorrow i'm making banana in a coat of brown spiced biscuit *_*

Christmas is gonna be brutal this year; I gotta get a bunch of people gifts... and I still don't have a job currently.

brb job search

I'l get Christmas spirit like the 23rd, for now it just irritates me.
Dred, I think you should be Uncle Scrooge and I'll be the Grinch.

I don't like Christmas, the xmas holidays means it's january soon, and that means important january exams :erk:

ROTFL See, Allie, even you can get a Christmas avatar early. :D

I love Christmas because winter is my favorite season. I fucking love snow! Last year's Christmas made up for 2003-2006, which were all snow-free Christmases. Last year, at my grandparents' house in New Hampshire, we got a foot and a half of snow!!!! It was wonderful, and my cousins (age range 9-13) all were ecstatic, which makes me happy, because I rarely get to see them, so it's good to see them happy. I hope that we get snow again this year, hopefully somewhere in the range of what we had last year. That would make me extremely happy.

Christmas is also a great time for me because my mom makes amazing Christmas cookies! We have had a number of family recipes that we make every year, dating back to when I was a kid, and it helps bring my mom, my sister and I together as a family.

As for all of you who have stated that you do your shopping last minute and/or you hate rushing through the stores, do what I do and shop online. Trust me when I say that shopping online saves you 99% of the hassle and aggravation that you might normally experience during the holidays. It also potentially saves you money. I managed to buy Christmas presents inline for three people before Thanksgiving, and when I looked at the prices of those items in store catalogs after Thanksgiving, they were all higher than what I paid online at Amazon and other online stores. Sure, the stores may hold Christmas sales, but they also cleverly mask price increases in those sales. Take my advice and shop online. Shipping may make things a little pricey, but wouldn't you rather be able to purchase your desired gifts from the comfort of your own home, as opposed to rushing around to six different stores because the first five are all sold out of that item?

It's the moooooooooooooost wonderful tiiiiiiiiiiiiime, of the yeeeeeeeeeeeear............

I actually get two days off work during the xmas - new years period, paid too :p I work thursdays and 25th Dec is a thursday and the thursday after that the store closes before my shift starts, but I still get paid for my shit.