Linkin Park

I hate it when people say Linkin Park is manufactured. Just because you don't like them....

You don't know anything about them, so you can say you don't like their music, but it's just dumb to say things like that which are completely unfounded and speculatory.

You judgemental metal snob fucks.

Originally posted by Hyp0Critical
what are you talking about. most bands are music.

even by your logic, there are far more underground bands that play real music then the mainstream manufactured bands like linkin park or simple plan.

Thats my point you FUCKING DUMBASS!!!

*shoots him in the head*

Originally posted by Jayde
I hate it when people say Linkin Park is manufactured. Just because you don't like them....

You don't know anything about them, so you can say you don't like their music, but it's just dumb to say things like that which are completely unfounded and speculatory.

You judgemental metal snob fucks.

We have been over this: You dont know either. So blame the metal people for being negative and always expecting the worst, wich is usually true

But you see.....the thing is, I DO know.

On most subject I use the "you don't know" arguement, I don't know either. But in this case. I do.

I know because I'm in their little "Linkin Park Underground" thing(I get discounts, laugh all you want :p ). And thusly I have access to lots more information than most people, I've seen and read plenty that proves that either they aren't manufactured, or they devote ALL their time and attention to pretending they aren't. If they are manufactured, then they must work damn hard to keep it under wraps.

And besides, manufactured bands usually don't have EPs from back in the day when they were called something different. ;)

How would you know? The point is: is not that hard, specially when you have a whole team of producers behind you. Unless you are a real idiot chances are you wont screw up.

Im sceptic, but you get me wrong im also sceptic of virtually all black metal bands, all heavy metal bands, all power metal bands and virtually all prog metal bands ( including an SPECIALLY opeth ) and even of some death metal bands.

There's really no way to be sure that ANY band isn't manufactured. I just firmly believe that Linkin Park is not, and I have enough evidence to convince me of that.

But it is always possible for me to be wrong.

Thats my point any band can be prefabricated or with intentions that are less than expression. How many black metal bands sounded exacted the same when it all started?

Wouldnt you think that the same thing that drives numetal kids into making and listening to bands ( fashion, the need to identify with a group due to insecurity like ALL teens ) would be the same reasons for a mindless idiot to paint his face, burn churches and people's homes and kill other human beings ( and lets not get into some of the most notable examples of " how patethic the human race can be " ) Wouldnt you think the same visual things that makes slipknot popular made bands like mayhem or marduk popular?

Wouldnt you think that the same apply for every helloween clone and every power metal band around the world playing almost the same thing? Wouldnt you think that the same thing that drives a kid into listening manson drives a kid into listening to Cradle of Filth?

I do not respect linkin park and perhaps is not media fabricated music but it certainly follows this lines you can find in every music genre it ever existed.

by manufactured i did not mean in the way something like o-town was made.

I meant that they had heavy backing by large corporations and have been advertised and overplayed heavily. Any amount of money can make a band popular, which is why crap like linkin park gets popular. Then they just dumb down the music for mainstream appeal.

Its not exactly manufactured, but is much like it.

Misanthrope - About your comments on black metal.. I'll agree with the fact that it all sounded alike in the beggining and lots of mindless idiots went out commiting crimes.... however that's a part of black metal that's in the past.. and long gone. Great music has come out of the genre in recent days. As for the image of painting faces and all.... all bands have an image they portray wether you wish to believe it or not. For instance.... ever notice 99% of metal bands have long hair? That's image value right there... how about all the leather in metal? Sure black metal artists take it to ridiculous levels... but the image factor has always been there... with all forms of music.

Perphaps is long gone in your region but there's still docens of talentless mime painting black metal bands on my city and on my country, its far from over maybe you should stop asuming about the rest of the world because you know about certain areas of it.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
Perphaps is long gone in your region but there's still docens of talentless mime painting black metal bands on my city and on my country, its far from over maybe you should stop asuming about the rest of the world because you know about certain areas of it.

Well they're not getting any recognition are they? I never said talentless amateur black metal bands didn't exist anymore... I was talking about the general scene in the black metal mainstream of recent day. If these bands you deem talentless are not getting any recognition what's there to worry about? They will eventually fade out.

Originally posted by -Desecrated-

Well they're not getting any recognition are they? I never said talentless amateur black metal bands didn't exist anymore... I was talking about the general scene in the black metal mainstream of recent day. If these bands you deem talentless are not getting any recognition what's there to worry about? They will eventually fade out.

Not so, a local band called Argentum is known around a lot of places and they are recognized by "grim" dudes and they are utter crap.