How many people do you know who like Opeth?

How Many Friends do you have that listen to opeth?

Votes: 14 23.7%

Votes: 11 18.6%

Votes: 6 10.2%

Votes: 7 11.9%

Votes: 7 11.9%

Votes: 3 5.1%

Votes: 1 1.7%

Votes: 2 3.4%

• over 10

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
hmn, i write this as i only have one friend thats into Opeth and he got me into them. im gradually getting another into opeth but he also likes Linkin Park/Slipknot:eek: , but then he also says LFDGD by Katatonia is one of his favourite albums ever so thats ok then:D . so vote wisely and may the force be with you.

Besides people online, I don't know any girls that like them. I know this guy Dave that's friends with a few of us, but he's NEVER in town. When he is, we totally hang out and shoot the breeze and worship Opeth. Then there's Lewy that I see around town every now and then and we party like every other weekend. It's funny. Every time I see him, he says to me "OOOOOOOOOOpeeeeeeth." I give him the horns.

:D \m/

My friends Chris and Scott got into Opeth after seeing them live. Well, chris was somewhat into Opeth before that, because I told him to download Black Rose Immortal, but that was the only song he knew before the concert. After the concert (which I missed *mumble mumble*) they were both really into Opeth, and I think Chris has two of their CDs, and Scott had 3 last time I talked to him. (haven't seen him online since he moved downstate)

I also sent some mp3s to a girl I've been talking to online for a while... sorta hesitant... I mean, she liked all the Blind Guardian stuff I sent her, and really liked Dracula by Iced Earth, and some metallica stuff, but I figured the Opeth vocals would turn her off. Oddly enough, she thought the vocals were cool. (I sent her The Drapery Falls) When I talked to her a couple days later, she said, "I'm obsessed with that song you sent me. I just played it 3 times in a row." :) She didn't even listen to metal before talking to me.

So, I'm glad I've made a few Opeth fans out of my friends. :)

Nil, Zip, None, Zero. My brother and sister have grown to not mind them, because they hear it so much, but it's far from a love that they have. I have tried to make a couple of my friends Opeth fans, but to no avail. If it weren't that I were a little lonely here, I would be proud being the only Opeth fan in my city. (BTW, I discovered them when I bought A Call to Irons: A Tribute to Iron Maiden, back in early 99).

Originally posted by Opet
Besides people online, I don't know any girls that like them. I know this guy Dave that's friends with a few of us, but he's NEVER in town. When he is, we totally hang out and shoot the breeze and worship Opeth. Then there's Lewy that I see around town every now and then and we party like every other weekend. It's funny. Every time I see him, he says to me "OOOOOOOOOOpeeeeeeth." I give him the horns.

:D \m/

I feel your pain:D

Out of all the ppl I know I'm the only girl that likes Opeth. Even the times I've seen them live there's not that many girls in the audience...kinda odd.

NONE! My friends listen to a lot of different bands, but unfortunately(for them) Opeth isn't one of them. I have tried to tell them how amazing they are, but they just don't understand. So, I would have to say none. However, my brother has "A Call to Irons" -tribute to Maiden. He likes Opeth's cover of "Remember Tomorrow" the best. As far as Opeth fans, I know none. :confused:

NONE!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!! None of my friends like metal :cry:
I am, however, trying to rectify that. I've managed to get one guy into Bolt Thrower (oddly, he loves their old stuff, like 'Realm of Chaos', and hates their newer stuff. Very strange....), so there is hope....

None of my friends even listen to metal Well not properly neway. Lots of people I've played and they've liked benighted and harvest tho My cunning plan!

:lol: , wow, i know one friend that got me into opeth but now i put on the songs like those to get people into them (when i say people that means one person:cry: ) i dont think i can get anyone else into opeth or even metal, its all rap/r n b in my college!!!!

I come from a small island, and we're almost without exception metal-heads!
All my closest friends dig Opeth and the likes so I guess I'm lucky there...we use to arrange metal-only parties where we only play loud metal and drink a lot of beer. Like we're going to do tonight!

Originally posted by _Transparent_
:lol: , wow, i know one friend that got me into opeth but now i put on the songs like those to get people into them (when i say people that means one person:cry: ) i dont think i can get anyone else into opeth or even metal, its all rap/r n b in my college!!!!

Yeah, you see, my cunning plan is to get them into those, then to start playing them heavier songs but with mostly clean vocals, and then heavy songs, and they WILL love them :)

Originally posted by Metalmaster
All my closest friends dig Opeth and the likes so I guess I'm lucky there...we use to arrange metal-only parties where we only play loud metal and drink a lot of beer. Like we're going to do tonight!
Shit yeah! You are SO lucky! There's nothing better than that. I mean, sitting down with a good friend and just talking about Opeth...I try to. I did this weekend! I'm always trying to tell people about Opeth and why it's changed my life, but like we've discussed before, music is just not their passion in life. :rolleyes:

Lynn

"My soul is held up in glory."

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Metalmaster
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sounds familliar but its not only metal, its rock/metal :( , oh well its better than nothing, and i can play opeth so its ok. ha ha, this friday my converstion plan takes place, i will take over the stereo and force everyone to listen to opeth and thorns, he he. and if they argue i will beat them up.