how do people like this get their hands on opeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't worship anything. But, agreed, Opeth beats Slayer any day of the week. I mean come on, if I liked bands depending on they're level of "heavyness", then I'd be listening to Wormed or something.

NB I do not listen to Wormed, they are poo.

Devy_Metal said:
haha i think its funny to read his posts. this guy is hilarious, and yes im being serious. read the first sentence in his response!

\\PigIronMudCasket should be beaten and shot. Slayer is the greatest band of all time. Never once did they do an emo or nu metal song. Slayer has always been thrash metal. If you dont like Slayer, Kill yourself. PigIronMudCasket , go back and listen to your Opeth records. Opeth sucks and they arent gods. You dont like metal at all. Opeth is more overrated then The Beatles. I'm glad im not one of you Opeth sheep. I actually listen to REAL bands that play REAL metal instead of some shit that you all have a boner for. Opeth are terrible. They arent gods and you can stick a cock in your mouth you stupid fucking faggot. Opeth are not even that heavy. They are prog death emo. Their fans are usually idiots who think Opeth are gods when they havent even made any important albums. Now go back to your Linkin Park records you pop loving queer.
Uh oh... someone woke up with a penis in their anus.

Sounds like you need to take a walk down "What Qualifies as Good Music" Lane. You mention the "overrated" Beatles. Start with them. Don't even include super "heavy" Slayer. Their musical "genius" consists of shitty guitar playing with a guy who screams out antichrtian lyrics to be cool. Yay. Hail Satan and Slayer. Go back to whatever forum you slithered from.

I can do as I please NineFeet.

Although it would make more sense if we compared them to another thrash metal band...and even in that case I still think they're average as Hell.

Personel preference though, true.

Powers said:
I can do as I please NineFeet.

Although it would make more sense if we compared them to another thrash metal band...and even in that case I still think they're average as Hell.

Personel preference though, true.

im just saying it seems kind of fruitless to compare two bands who set out to achieve 2 entirely different musical visions within the heavy metal tag.

i wouldnt start comparing iron maiden to sunn O))) :lol:

if you dont like a bands music it is only for one reason....

You dont like their music...... and so be it

anything else is just an insecure image obsessed dickcheese
fuck rating bands seriously its so subjective why even bother no one cares about oppinions.. even this one

this thread is pretty much the perfect example of why people hate opeth fans

i too used to have this sense of "omg opeth best band in teh wurld so intelligent unlike most dumb metalbands like SLAYER any1 who doesent like opeth must be DUMB!" but then i got the fuck over myself you know?

for the record, emo > metal, rites of spring > opeth, fuck yeah! this is not opinion, this is not trolling, this is objective fact!

altho, rites of spring was emocore (proto-emo), not pure emo btw :cool:

Comparing bands across different genres is pointless (as was pointed out) but I'm keen to know what constitutes a great thrash band if Slayer are apparently mediocre.

If anyone says The Haunted, you deserve a rabid starving gerbil up your arse.

Wow nice overgeneralisation! People hate opeth fans? I guess you could also say people hate muslims and people hate atheists and people hate music then?

i too used to have this sense of "omg opeth best band in teh wurld so intelligent unlike most dumb metalbands like SLAYER any1 who doesent like opeth must be DUMB!" but then i got the fuck over myself you know?

Wow nice oversimplification! Maybe that's what one 11 year old Opeth fan somewhere out there in the world thinks, and what you used to think (since you admitted to this yourself), but I doubt it describes more than 0.1% of the people on this forum. It's not because you used to have an immature, arrogant and pseudo-intellectual attitude about the music you listened to, that all of us did.

for the record, emo > metal, rites of spring > opeth, fuck yeah! this is not opinion, this is not trolling, this is objective fact!

Lmao! That's not an objective fact, it's a shitty opinion coming from a delusional idiot/troll!

I just hope you're just doing this to piss us off and look at the reactions, but if you aren't, then I'm sorry to say that you are quite retarded.

:erk:

Comparing bands across different genres is pointless (as was pointed out) but I'm keen to know what constitutes a great thrash band if Slayer are apparently mediocre.

How about a thrash band that doesn't ruin otherwise good songs with toneless tremolo wanking "solos"? Good god the first time I heard Reign In Blood and the solo of Angel Of Death kicked in, I was so disappointed that they ruined a potentially great song with stupid wanking :erk:.

Opethian666 said:
Wow nice overgeneralisation! People hate opeth fans? I guess you could also say people hate muslims and people hate atheists and people hate music then?

Wow nice oversimplification! Maybe that's what one 11 year old Opeth fan somewhere out there in the world thinks, and what you used to think (since you admitted to this yourself), but I doubt it describes more than 0.1% of the people on this forum. It's not because you used to have an immature, arrogant and pseudo-intellectual attitude about the music you listened to, that all of us did.

Lmao! That's not an objective fact, it's a shitty opinion coming from a delusional idiot/troll!

I just hope you're just doing this to piss us off and look at the reactions, but if you aren't, then I'm sorry to say that you are quite retarded.

:erk:

lol

Spectacular Views said:

altho, rites of spring was emocore (proto-emo), not pure emo btw :cool:

Id say this whole forum and Blabbermouth Headlines are the reason people hate Opeth fans. 'Emo' in modern terms is a bit dire as it tends to sound similar from one band to the next. subjective of course.. If i wanted to listen to something Emotional in the way modern 'Emo' is supposed to be, id listen to Eva Cassidy, Jeff Buckley, Elbow, radiohead or something. Not hawthorn heights or Finch or My Chemical Romance.

affinityband said:
Id say this whole forum and Blabbermouth Headlines are the reason people hate Opeth fans. 'Emo' in modern terms is a bit dire as it tends to sound similar from one band to the next. subjective of course.. If i wanted to listen to something Emotional in the way modern 'Emo' is supposed to be, id listen to Eva Cassidy, Jeff Buckley, Elbow, radiohead or something. Not hawthorn heights or Finch or My Chemical Romance.

yeah i agree with all of that

affinityband said:
'Emo' in modern terms is a bit dire as it tends to sound similar from one band to the next. subjective of course.. If i wanted to listen to something Emotional in the way modern 'Emo' is supposed to be, id listen to Eva Cassidy, Jeff Buckley, Elbow, radiohead or something. Not hawthorn heights or Finch or My Chemical Romance.

None of those bands are 'emo' so it's kind of irrelevant. You can call it 'modern emo' and claim the definition has changed, but that would be akin to calling Slipknot 'modern metal,' in that it complete ignores equally contemporary underground acts performing a style rooted much more deeply in the original sound of the genre.

affinityband said:
Are we talkin at-the drive in and very early marillion here, the term 'emotional hardcore'?

edit: i believe Opeth is also Modern metal. Regardless, its still metal.

emo IS emotional hardcore punk. to me, when it can no longer be considered a subgenre or at least offshoot of hardcore punk, it isn't emo any more.

and i wouldnt disagree about the opeth thing i just dont like them :confused:

ah ok, well what bands are 'emo' to you. Im not sure i grasp this properly. As far as not liking Opeth, its fair enough. But it would be a bit of a waste to dislike them because of a small number of fans. if thats the reason.. Or it just bores the shit out of you :lol:

affinityband said:
ah ok, well what bands are 'emo' to you.

that depends on the style youre looking for...

i mean you've got the older emocore (i guess you could say thats like first wave) stuff like Rites of Spring, Embrace, Gray Matter, Ignition, Dag Nasty, Monsula, Jawbreaker, Hot Water Music, Elliot,Split Lip/Chamberlain, Kerosene 454.

then emo, which began a little later...stuff like Moss Icon, the Hated,Native Nod, Hoover, Current, Indian Summer, Evergreen, Policy of Three, Clikatat Ikatowi, Sleepytime Trio, Noneleftstanding, Four Hundred Years, Frail

then much more intense stuff like Heroin, Antioch Arrow, Assfactor 4, Second Story Window, End of the Line, Angel Hair,Three Studies for a Crucifixion

then screamo...which is more modern (it is like a throwback to emo...but often a bit more...uh...how to say...violent?), stuff like saetia, hot cross, city of caterpillar, you and i, orchid, off minor, usurp synapse etc...

for refernce sake, before somebody tries and says it, screamo is not bands like underoath, from first to last, etc...thats post-hardcore....bad, atrocious post-hardcore.

SV is welcome to edit my lists, I'm sure there are some fuckups/missing essential bands

Status
Not open for further replies.