Votes: 12 41.4%
  • The Inner Sanctum.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Like them both equally.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Can't decide.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
The more I listen to the Inner Sanctum the better it gets.

Lets be honest some of the riffs are awesome and if one of the new breed of bands say Trivium had come up with them, the music press would be beating themselves blind over them.

Likewise the drumming, if Large Oilrig had come up with the drum parts that are on this album the music press would be beating themselves blind over them as well.

Basically what I'm trying to say is SAXON do not get the respect or the credit they deserve.......................

The more I listen to the Inner Sanctum the better it gets.

Lets be honest some of the riffs are awesome and if one of the new breed of bands say Trivium had come up with them, the music press would be beating themselves blind over them.

Likewise the drumming, if Large Oilrig had come up with the drum parts that are on this album the music press would be beating themselves blind over them as well.

Basically what I'm trying to say is SAXON do not get the respect or the credit they deserve.......................

I totally agree with everything you said mate. I think Inner Sanctum is a great album, and it's runs Lionheart VERY close. But for me, Lionheart just shaves it.

But when you think about it, Saxon have been going near on 30 years, and their last two albums releases are possibly their best two releases to date. Now that is impressive!

Saxon have been going near on 30 years, and their last two albums releases are possibly their best two releases to date. Now that is impressive!

Of course they are not the best ("Wheels of Steel" and "Denim and Leather" are unbeatable IMO) but it's really impressive that a band with 30 years in his back is still able to release so powerful albums.

But when you think about it, Saxon have been going near on 30 years, and their last two albums releases are possibly their best two releases to date. Now that is impressive!

Exactly mate, and they are still evolving and for me producing a modern sound, lets hope the Wheels keep on rolling. :worship:

P.S. But Sanctum is starting to creep ahead in the poll mate :lol:

Yeah, you can have all your fancy catagories on the new forum, but you can't beat a good old fashion poll!

Or one of these ----------> :lol:

:lol:

I will have to go with Inner Sanctum as the better album, but im not sure if there is a better song on it [imo] than the actual title track of 'Lionheart' . That make sense?

The song Lionhear is just something very special. State of grace is pretty bloody close though, so i think i will be back for the poll in 6 months time!!

just cannot get into this new album at all. "Metalhead" is stellar though

Is that a vote for Lionheart then?!

I got to say, and now don't get me wrong here. I think 'Inner Sanctum' is a great record, I really do. But I'm a bit surprised at how everyone is going over the top with it! Each to their own of course, but for me, Lionheart rules by a mile.