list your pres

I really like your Isa Greyskull

out of the pres we've got... honestly its the one i reach for last. its errrr vanilla in terms of flavour
i do however really like it on overheads, but in all other applications, the api and chandler and UA just kick its arse

Shitty Art Tube MP Studio now replaced by Digilab SPM-100. Quality one channel mic/line/instrument pre from Russian manufacturer.
spm100.gif

:)

focusrite saffire 56 /2 liquid channels
mindprint envoice mk II
behringer ada 800

FireFace 800
Manley Elop
URei LA-4
FiveFish SC-1 Mk2
A couple of ART TubePres that were free with my Audix D6 mics.

The Manley and URei are amazing on vocals, acoustic guitars, bass, and overheads. The FiveFish are nice clean API-style pres, great for miking up cabs.

DIGI 002 (4 mic pre)
Focusrite Green 1 (2 ch. mic pre)
Joe Meek VC6Q (1 ch. mic pre)
Marian Adcon (8 ch. pre, I use 8 direct outs from my SoundCraft mixer as mic pres)
POD XT Pro (does this one count?)

Behringer ADA8000 (8 pres)

:cry:

So noisy and have so much hum my mixes have no low end because I cut all of it out.

Eddy is not allowed in this thread :lol:

RME Firface 800
2x M-Audio Octane (sounds great and is affordable)

My next preamp purchase will be either two Crane Song Spiders, two racks full of 7th Circle Neve Clones, or two Audient ASP8008's. The condition for me to make such a purchase would be me making at least $16,000 in recording a year :saint:

Also, the quality of my preamplifiers is not preventing me from making great sounding recordings according to me and my client's ears, so I assume actually building a dedicated studio would be a much better investment than $16000 worth of preamplifiers.

I made $12k last year, doing it as soley a part-time hobby. Keep the clients rollllin in!

4xFireface800 Pres
6xPresonus FP-10 Pres (into the ff800)

my next preamp will most probably be the Universal Audio LA-610 mkII <3
but this purchase will have to wait a fuckin year. at least. :D

I'm using:

M Audio Profire 2626
Allen & Heath Mixwizard (through a ADA8000)

Though the Mixwizard is being sold this weekend and I think I'm going to pick up a Onyx 800R, saves me dragging my desk everywhere. Anyone want to chime on on what they think of the Onyx pre's? I had a Satellite at one time and thought they sounded pretty good, but they don't seem to be getting much love from Joey by the looks of things, lol.

003 pres
Audient ASP008

The audient is great - super clean, variable hi-pass on all 8 channels, 2 instrument inputs, line level inputs on all channels, phase invert on all channels, 60dB of gain (enough for my SM7b), 20dB pad on all channels, variable impedence on all channels. You can get a totally different sound from dynamic mics just mucking around with the impedence...

Looking to get some API or Universal Audio once I've wrapped up the work for this year!

003 pres
Audient ASP008

The audient is great - super clean, variable hi-pass on all 8 channels, 2 instrument inputs, line level inputs on all channels, phase invert on all channels, 60dB of gain (enough for my SM7b), 20dB pad on all channels, variable impedence on all channels. You can get a totally different sound from dynamic mics just mucking around with the impedence...

Looking to get some API or Universal Audio once I've wrapped up the work for this year!

Id go for api alex, universal audio 610 distorts VERY easily on loud sources