Listening to St. Anger

Sounds great. I'm quite confident this album will be at least 7/10 quality (then again I liked St Anger).

This video is also pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could only kind of hear the sound clip...kept skipping; probably a lot of traffic. But most of what I've heard so far (which are all clips like the two posted here) are of good quality. I'll buy it when it comes out for sure. There is always hope, and lordcatfish, I liked St. Anger too. Not amazing, but it did not deserve the complete slagging it got. It had some good songs and riffs on it.

Decent riff. Can't try to extrapolate that to a full album though. Sounds better then the "cyanide" song that's circulating.

St Anger was okay -- just didn't live up to the expectations that are associated with the Metallica brand. The lyrics were really horrible though.

The fly on the wall footage dated 18th August sounds excellent. Man i am pumped for this, its sounding better each time i hear a new clip... This and new Amon Amarth in the same month.. drool.

I'm keen on it too! Should be good, I think. Really, there is no such thing as an out and out bad reputation for a band with me. They try what they see fit to try, and I (and everyone else) choose to like it or not. That said, I'm always open minded about the next Metallica album, and this one could be a keeper.

this was on the Met boards.

"Metallica Fans,

My name is Benjamin. I work in fan support for Mission:Metallica.

I am sorry for the bulk e-mail, but we've heard from quite a few of you regarding the sound quality on the single release of "The Day That Never Comes."

The source of the problem, as you might imagine, goes all the way back to the creation of the track from master - but this is not how it will sound on the album.

We've identified the source of the problem to prevent it in any subsequent singles released in advance of September 12.

If we can have another one put together and sent out prior to that date, there may be a higher-quality release of "The Day That Never Comes" made available, but I can't guarantee it at this time.

Thank you,

Benjamin
MISSION:METALLICA Fan Su"

I am curious, yet very guarded about getting excited about this release... I was one of the many fans dissapointed by St. Anger... we shall see.

I already listened to the whole song (leaked on a torrent) and frankly is not bad heavy rock, but it's not the band that delivered "Ride The Lightning" and I found the song boring. I will wait until the whole album leaked to see if it does for Metallica what "United Abominations" did for Megadeth.

I already listened to the whole song (leaked on a torrent) and frankly is not bad heavy rock, but it's not the band that delivered "Ride The Lightning" and I found the song boring. I will wait until the whole album leaked to see if it does for Metallica what "United Abominations" did for Megadeth.

+1 buddy. The song is okay, but, to me, it all sounds forced. It's like they took Hero of the Day and somehow tried to throw in the end part of "One" and when that kicked in I was left going "Where the hell did the song go? These are 2 different songs."

I don't know if it's just a pre-mix or a messed up mastering job, but the production on the version I heard, sucks. Snare sound is crap and the distorted guitars are all muddy with no punch whatsoever. Really saddens me when little ol' Final Stage can get a better production than not only new Maiden, Priest, and Ozzy, but now the mighty Metallica as well.

Really saddens me when little ol' Final Stage can get a better production than not only new Maiden, Priest, and Ozzy, but now the mighty Metallica as well.

Why saddens?, be glad and rejoice. Somebody has to take the torch and continue the old bands are not going to be around forever (except Motorhead :D)