Live Consternation TRAILER!

That trailer was amazing. I think that this time they sounded even better live, than on the records.

nice. dont know the destination of wishes.. i was expecting dead house..saw you drown..for the wind hopes to die, faraway from home.

I like the mix up of songs....just remember another DVD (The real supreme one) is coming later...hold your hats and/or tassles!

:kickass: Just when I couldn't possibly love Katatonia more, out comes LIVE CONSTERNATION. For fuck's sake, I wasn't even thinking...Peaceville emailed me with this news and and there was no ounce of hesitation. I pre-ordered in a heartbeat.

Wow...finally. I will have a Katatonia show in beautiful 5.1 sound.

Note: This isn't the thing that Blakkheim has been talking about is it? That KILLER DVD coming out with like 3 shows or something and tons of features, etc. that the band is taking their time with? Because, if not I'll certainly have to buy that.

It looks great, has plenty of style to it and sounds fab, I have heard far worse live DVD's of big stadium events, and those who moan about the speed of the songs, to pull this shit of in such a huge venue is hard work!

Mines ordered.

There will be those who dont get the live thing that will moan!

As for the songs, I guess i'll miss not hearing Deadhouse, or For My demons on there

but one im not happy about missing is Tonights Music.. oh well!

and those who moan about the speed of the songs, to pull this shit of in such a huge venue is hard work!
What kind of BS is that? Any experienced drummer (which Daniel is) can play his songs in any way or pace he likes, what the hell does a venue have to do with the speed the songs are played by the band's drummer?

It's obviously a matter of style that Daniel does that, it's his choice which is fine, it's just that personally I would rather see him stick to the songs' original pace as much as possible, cause that's how I like the songs.

Yar, it's the most expressive piece I've seen. Kinda reminds me of something I once did a few years back. I'm curious as to what the next set of colors and themes to be explored are.. (ok ok, getting off topic *stops*)

Oh, MadTinus, that wall is 2 posts up for you.
This is a bit off topic as well but do you know where I could get full size Travis Smith portraits (for my living room etc). I tried his website but they only offer 12x12's:erk:

I have no clue. There was a poster made of the TD cover, which I do have, but other than that I don't think any others have been made though I could be wrong since I don't really keep up with that stuff. Perhaps you might suggest he use http://prints.deviantart.com/ to have custom prints made on demand. I imagine it would do well and he'd save money using this service if I remember correctly.
Thanx for the response...I just really love his work and I think it would be amazing to have some full size art in my home. It would be unique...alot of friends would be all "where did you get that??" lol

What kind of BS is that? Any experienced drummer (which Daniel is) can play his songs in any way or pace he likes, what the hell does a venue have to do with the speed the songs are played by the band's drummer?

It's obviously a matter of style that Daniel does that, it's his choice which is fine, it's just that personally I would rather see him stick to the songs' original pace as much as possible, cause that's how I like the songs.

I wouldn't say that... It can sometimes be really hard to stay in time, especially live.

Especially in a song like Ghost of the Sun, where the chorus is way more expressive and energetic, you feel the urge to fasten and it's hard not to give in ;)

This is a bit off topic as well but do you know where I could get full size Travis Smith portraits (for my living room etc). I tried his website but they only offer 12x12's:erk:

You can always order one from the person himself:)
I did once. Got his autograph too, haha

edit: or am I completely misunderstanding something now ..?:p

this is a must-buy. Swany, Cis, ether and myself were at that particular show. it was magic!
just click on the 'gallery' and there on the 2nd picture from left in the upper row. it's me headbanging with my drinking-horn :lol: