Live From MDF 2011

Holy fuck, what a weekend!!! Just got home 30 minutes ago. Big props to the Peoria crew for letting me ride with them first of all. I wouldn't have made it otherwise. You were all great to hang out with. Jordan, I love your stories. Great entertainment. World's piece of shit!!! Yoda & Addo were both cool as fuck. I have lot's of similar taste to them so we talked music off and on all weekend. Yoda, thanks for letting me crash at your house last night. That was above & beyond. Bleull & Vince rounded out the entertainment nicely.

Cody (Kafka), Cam, & David were all cool as well. I hung out with Cody & Cam the most. They were kind enough to take me back to the hotel Thursday night when I almost tried to pass out on the grass outside the venue. Combo of no sleep & alcohol does not treat me well. Cody introduced me to a new beer, Delirium Tremens, shit was delicious.

Chris, from Arizona was also a great dude. He bought us pizza one of the nights, very nice gesture. I tried to give him cash for it, but he wouldn't take it.

Kevin & Dan were both insane. Those guys know how to party, even if Kevin did take a day off.

Jeremy, Grant, Chris (llama), & Nick were all great dudes. I think I talked to Nick the most out of them. Very chill & nice guy. Hopefully he is now an Inquisition fan. Jeremy, Nick, and I ended up sleeping in the closet Sunday night due to Grant's escapades. :lol:

I did not go completely apeshit on merch like I thought I would. I think the total haul was 9 CD's & 3 shirts. I do know that I scanned every single fucking CD there though. Just couldn't find a lot of stuff I was looking for. I bought a Volture CD from Ryan Waste. He told me it was the shit & better than the new Portrait. I listened to it on the drive home & enjoyed it quite a bit, but I can't say it's better than the new Portrait. He was right about the vocalist though. The dude can get up there. Check it out if you are looking for some traditional heavy metal.

Highlights of the weekend for me band wise were Inquisition, Neurosis, Dead Congregation, Nightbringer, Repugnant, Tragedy, Cianide, Acid Witch, & Ghost. Inquisition tore the place apart.

Pics to come later, gotta be at work at 6am.

Totally unexpected moment of the trip for me was I got an email from an old crush that lives in my hometown & she told me she is single. So I went & had lunch with her today on the way home.

So let's hear it dudes, play by play, what is the GRISLIEST thing that happened to you at the fest? Did your room turn into a Last Days of Humanity album cover?

We'll have Dan and Kevin on our team as well, though, so you don't stand a chance.

I think everyone is underestimating how much the Peoria crew could really drink, we've got nothing to do out here except pound beer 20 hours a day.

Please, in third world countries we grew up on alcohol. Ask the Krampus to verify :lol:

So seriously, is anyone going to tell/show us? What the hell DID Grant do?!?

I puked hard enough to vomit up enough blood to make a sheet look like a pig was slaughtered on it.

Yeah, when I went to piss in the bathroom after that I saw the puke on the floor and stepped over it, but then mid-piss looked down and saw the bloody towels by the toilet bowl and had a few seconds of o_O:yuk:

So let's hear it dudes, play by play, what is the GRISLIEST thing that happened to you at the fest? Did your room turn into a Last Days of Humanity album cover?

I was so drunk moshing during Cathedral I went a tiny bit vampire on a couple girls.

I was attacked with furniture by a somebody tripping on shrooms.

Jeremy, Grant, Chris (llama), & Nick were all great dudes. I think I talked to Nick the most out of them. Very chill & nice guy. Hopefully he is now an Inquisition fan.
:kickass: Thanks man, I enjoyed hanging out with you too. And yes, I am definitely an Inquisition fan now.

Well there was the actual Last Days of Humanity set. I got my bell rung by a couple of crowd surfers. Other than that I had a pretty tame weekend.

MDF Advice Animals

3cc6.jpg

3cc5.jpg

It was so fun...
Highlights for me.... cianide, doom, inquisition, nightbringer, bastard noise, and uhhh skinless.
Hell idk. The whole experience was rad.
Going back to work has sucked.

Cody introduced me to a new beer, Delirium Tremens, shit was delicious.

Him letting us sample that literally minutes after meeting us was awesome. That dude was simply nice beyond words. Ray was awesome and gave me half of his Southern Tier Jahva (which was excellent) and a few assorted samples from the Unibroue mix that he picked up. It was certainly a nice break from cheap rum, vodka, and Natty Boh.

Also, Jon was the man throughout the entire time. Thanks again for putting up with all of our bullshit for so long.

You might want to throw a link to that homepage chief, especially since us losers who couldn't go this year have no idea who you are.

I can't believe how many fucking bands I missed.

I puked hard enough to vomit up enough blood to make a sheet look like a pig was slaughtered on it.

lol I drunkenly cleaned that shit up. I picked up all the sheets and launched them down the laundry shoot in the hallway. I believe the only thing I did to the wet mattress was simply put a towel over it. Fixed.

But Grant easily wins on the Grisliest thing of the fest.