Live shows

Went to a show last night (Psycroptic, Cannibis Corpse, Gorod) and kind of fucked up. I usually smoke weed before a show, but because I am in the process of potentially getting a new job soon, I opted to just drink a little more instead. Im enjoying myself watching Gorod and then from my perspective out of nowhere it is 5AM and I am at home sitting in a chair in my bedroom. I must have blacked out drunk, but imo I didn't drink enough to do so. Maybe my drunkness was increased because of the physical exertion? Supposedly I was moshing non-stop. Im not the type of person somebody drugs. Apparently I was so messed up during Psycroptic that a few people insisted I take a moshing break outside, and someone used my phone to text my friend inside. So for the first time in my life I was "that drunk asshole" at the show. Lost my watch too. Im a bit bummed I missed Psycroptic (supposedly I was there for half their set, though I don't remember a thing), but losing my watch really sucks.

Went to a show last night (Psycroptic, Cannibis Corpse, Gorod) and kind of fucked up. I usually smoke weed before a show, but because I am in the process of potentially getting a new job soon, I opted to just drink a little more instead. Im enjoying myself watching Gorod and then from my perspective out of nowhere it is 5AM and I am at home sitting in a chair in my bedroom. I must have blacked out drunk, but imo I didn't drink enough to do so. Maybe my drunkness was increased because of the physical exertion? Supposedly I was moshing non-stop. Im not the type of person somebody drugs. Apparently I was so messed up during Psycroptic that a few people insisted I take a moshing break outside, and someone used my phone to text my friend inside. So for the first time in my life I was "that drunk asshole" at the show. Lost my watch too. Im a bit bummed I missed Psycroptic (supposedly I was there for half their set, though I don't remember a thing), but losing my watch really sucks.
Dude. The same thing happened to me at a Psycroptic show years ago. Luckily I was with my girlfriend and a couple of friends and they looked after me and took me home, but yeah. I was having a good night, drinking but not hell drunk and then bam I wake up at home. Apparently I was falling into people and onto things and annoying the crap out of everyone. Very strange. I also thought maybe my drink had been spiked. But perhaps it’s all Psycroptic and their mystical voodoo tech death.

Reactions: EternalMetal
Dude. The same thing happened to me at a Psycroptic show years ago. Luckily I was with my girlfriend and a couple of friends and they looked after me and took me home, but yeah. I was having a good night, drinking but not hell drunk and then bam I wake up at home. Apparently I was falling into people and onto things and annoying the crap out of everyone. Very strange. I also thought maybe my drink had been spiked. But perhaps it’s all Psycroptic and their mystical voodoo tech death.

Crazy coincidence. Or is it?!

Reactions: Satanstoenail
I never had it happen to me that severely, but the only time I was ever blackout drunk was seeing Slayer, where I remember them playing Seasons in the Abyss and then the next thing was that the show was over and I was walking home. Set seemed a bit short and I was surprised to hear Born of Fire over many of their most iconic songs, then I look things up online and discover that the last five were Hell Awaits/South of Heaven/Raining Blood/Chemical Warfare/Angel of Death. Also remember that I had my hand on the barrier and this Mexican-looking dude kept trying to pull my hand off for some reason, which retrospectively might have meant that I was leaning against him half-conscious or something, lol. I don't drink more than a couple beers before/during a show now.

finally seeing Slayer was awesome, bummer half their set was later era songs but the oldies were goodies.

see that Slough Feg and Pagan Altar are coming to Toronto in the short term, might have to see both.

Reactions: zerostatic
Fucking Ogre and Pentagram in June, going to be sick. Geno's has been getting some cool ass shows recently.
Both bands were fucking incredible, Bobby still fucking has it, shook his hand by the front door before they went on. Ogre sounded tight as fuck, Ed is one hell of a front man.

Reactions: Bloopy
Girlschool with Raven and Tank last night in Melbourne was fun as fuck, as expected!

eVar74K.jpg

deathfestmaryland.jpg

What a sick line-up. Sacramentum, Vio-lence, Demilich, Imprecation, Necrophobic, Suffocation, Monstrosity.

Never thought Sacramentum would reform! They look fucking haggard in this picture:

upload_2019-7-13_22-39-36.png

Can't argue with a Master's Hammer t-shirt!

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Time mostly however I'm old, tired and I don't mix well with others. But mostly because any gig for me in the city comes with parking fees and a hotel booking and no band is worth all that for me any more.

How far from the city are you? I happily drive back to my own bed from shows in other towns if they're within 2-3 hours, but then I'm still wide awake.

I've had one or two shit experiences parking at venues because everyone tries to leave at the same time. I think the main one was Megadeth & Slayer at the Logan Campbell Centre in Auckland. Or as I like to call it, the Bogan Shambles Centre. I'm stubborn enough to find free street parking and walk for ages as well.

When I was less old and less grumpy I wouldn't have thought twice about it but after more than a decade driving trucks 7 nights a week and I'm over driving at nights if I someone isn't paying me.

Going to see Iron Maiden tonight! Just getting ready to leave so we can pre-game and get an early spot in line since my buddy got us general admission tickets instead of stupid seats. Im expecting the best stage show ive ever seen, can't wait.

Going to see Iron Maiden tonight! Just getting ready to leave so we can pre-game and get an early spot in line since my buddy got us general admission tickets instead of stupid seats. Im expecting the best stage show ive ever seen, can't wait.
I'll see Maiden this time for that same reason. I'll be attending a show in october tho.

I'll see Maiden this time for that same reason. I'll be attending a show in october tho.

Well, be prepared for one incredible show, cause that shit was amazing last night! They really outdid everyone with their stage show, and the band is just as tight as ever. Bruce can still belt out his lines without strain, im honestly shocked. I was less than 10 people deep from the stage, dead center. It just might be the best show ive ever been to (no contest as far as the stage show), and ive been to lots.

Just got my tickets for King Diamond. I won't pretend to be their biggest fan but I am super excited to see them live. Then Necrot is the same week. Hoping I've got enough energy left

@Onder Are you ever going to attend Brutal Assault? It was my 2nd time there this year, and its fucking awesome. Would be lovely to finally meet ya. So many gypsies in Jaromer tho, fucking stinky, obnoxious thieves.