Live shows

@Onder Are you ever going to attend Brutal Assault? It was my 2nd time there this year, and its fucking awesome. Would be lovely to finally meet ya. So many gypsies in Jaromer tho, fucking stinky, obnoxious thieves.

Whooaaa, racist. :tickled: Did gypsies actually bother you?

I don't really consider BA to be a like a pinnacle of cultural life tbh, I always just scroll through the list of bands. I'm more into smaller shows. I appreciate the fact that you went to BA rather than the Metallica show in Prague. About three weeks ago I was in a bar, it was sunday around noon, and the server was annoyed asking why there's so much Polish people on that day. I told him it always happens when Metallica is playing.

I am not a racist whatsoever; I just saw them pickpocket two girls and rob another one of her leather jacket and combat boots. We were trying to stop them but they got away. It was not the first time I had actually witnessed mischief on their part. I am more than tolerant, but this ethnic group is especially mischievous. I know I shouldnt generalize, but they act mostly the same in Poland.

We should meet someday. I think we could have an inspiring talk. I have never been to Prague, though. But I really love Czech architecture.

Yeaah, lots of my friends went to the Meta gig in Prague. I am not that stupid to pay such insane amount of money to see them. I was considering going to Prague to the BA afterparty, with Violator headlining, but I ultimately didnt settle on doing that.

I am not a racist whatsoever; I just saw them pickpocket two girls and rob another one of her leather jacket and combat boots. We were trying to stop them but they got away. It was not the first time I had actually witnessed mischief on their part. I am more than tolerant, but this ethnic group is especially mischievous. I know I shouldnt generalize, but they act mostly the same in Poland.

We should meet someday. I think we could have an inspiring talk. I have never been to Prague, though. But I really love Czech architecture.

Yeaah, lots of my friends went to the Meta gig in Prague. I am not that stupid to pay such insane amount of money to see them. I was considering going to Prague to the BA afterparty, with Violator headlining, but I ultimately didnt settle on doing that.

Yeaaah a lot of stuff has been said about gypsies.

Sure, I'd be up to meet for a talk and some beers. I don't really travel around Europe for shows though. I was in Poland like 14 days ago to go to Lidl in Sklarzsa Poreba, like, your Lidl is better than our Lidl, slavbro, there was Polish craft beer in cartons just laying around, we don't have that.

I'm most probably going to Tomb Mold on September 19th , but that's right in my neighborhood so not a huge effort on my part. :tickled:

Went to this gig:

1566459268_castration1.jpg

Due the often mediocre Peruvian producers, Uada and Incantation lost the flight to play on 5th, so they did on 6th.

It was the first time seeing live most of those bands. I didn't know Rotten Sound and Full of Hell and both destroyed the place. The Full of Hell vocalist is a BEAST.

From the bunch, the band that was head and shoulders above everyone else in sound and performance was Dead Congregation. Incredibly professional, flawless and bestial band. The sound was so good that was almost as listening their albums.

Incantation closed the festival and did a crushing set, very old school oriented. John had problems with his guitar on 1 song but the rest was spot on.

Taking into account how much flak Uada gets, I must say they are very good live. The music was a bit too "vanilla" for my taste; the songwriting is clearly aimed to be likeable and the "ABACAB" formula is crystal clear, but the heavier bits were good and they can play their shit with no effort.

Vomitory was brutal as fuck and they were really happy about the crowd reaction, the moshpit was brutal and they just didn't want to leave the place. I mean, they returned to the stage twice. Hopefully they'll return soon.

Yeaaah a lot of stuff has been said about gypsies.

Sure, I'd be up to meet for a talk and some beers. I don't really travel around Europe for shows though. I was in Poland like 14 days ago to go to Lidl in Sklarzsa Poreba, like, your Lidl is better than our Lidl, slavbro, there was Polish craft beer in cartons just laying around, we don't have that.

I'm most probably going to Tomb Mold on September 19th , but that's right in my neighborhood so not a huge effort on my part. :tickled:

Yeah, I know Szklarska Poręba. Have been there a few times. Didn't know that you like our Lidl so much tho. Will have to check out the crafts.

I'd love to see Tomb Mold, they are crushing, and their new album is the shit! Where do you live in Prague? I have to visit the city at some point in the future. I don't know why I still haven't done it.

If I were a Czech citizen, I'd go to BA and Obscene Extreme fests annually. They both are incredible, and either of them suits my music taste pretty well.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know Szklarska Poręba. Have been there a few times. Didn't know that you like our Lidl so much tho. Will have to check out the crafts.

I'd love to see Tomb Mold, they are crushing, and their new album is the shit! Where do you live in Prague? I have to visit the city at some point in the future. I don't know why I still haven't done it.

If I were a Czech citizen, I'd go to BA and Obscene Extreme fests annually. They both are incredible, and either of them suits my music taste pretty well.

Well I like Lidl in general I guess, outside of the fact that they use too much plastic to pack everything, but our czech one doesn't have craft beer.

I live in Smíchov, but not the shitty crustie-and-druggie-infested area near the train station, I'm up on the hill like a high class motherfucker. We were pretty fucking lucky when looking for an apartment to rent.

Yeah man Tomb Mold is really good, I caught up on their discography and I'm enjoying all of their shit. They're playing with Ritual Necromancy which hasn't really clicked with me yet, and I haven't even heard the third band yet, Of Feather And Bone.

Soo, this yesterday.

My clogged ear didn't stop me from going.

The venue is like 100 meters away from a Belgian beer bar so I went there during the intermissions. Pretty ideal if you ask me.

Of Feather And Bone didn't play their black metalish hard core, this was straight black death, pretty solid. I enjoyed Ritual Necromancy more live than on the album I know so that was nice.

Tomb Mold were tight as fuck, I loved their sound and playing, the drummer/vocalist is a hero, like a glum pushing everything forward from the back of the stage. However I was surprised how short their set was. They must have played for like 40 minutes which is just weird for a headliner. Like, play a couple songs and go to bed kind of thing. I will try to find the set times or find the exact time they played from my checkins but it really seemed short.

EDIT: According to the times they played for 30 minutes only. I missed the beginning tho, maybe they explained it there (?).

tomb-mold-koncert.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EternalMetal
The only significant upcoming metal shows I'm sure of going to are Metallica/Slipknot and Eyehategod, though I should also catch Australian band BØG in between.

I can't really buy any more tickets too far ahead as I'm not sure which city I'll be in when. Some of the bands touring here later include Sacred Reich/Vio-Lence, Yawning Man, Okilly Dokilly/Dr. Colossus, and King Parrot (who I've seen before and would only bother with if the supports are good).

However I was surprised how short their set was. They must have played for like 40 minutes which is just weird for a headliner.
Sounds normal to me, at least for smaller-scale touring bands and especially when there's 3 of them touring together.

Yeah Pentagram killed it when I saw them last June, Bobby still sounded good/had a fair amount energy and the new guitarist was good.

Reactions: rms
This. I am looking forward to this especially because the venue is located so conveniently. It's like a fifteen minute walk from my place and across the street from a belgian beer bar. You can literally go have a belgian brew during the break between individual bands. Fuck yeah. I don't need friends. I have this.

corpsessed-poster.jpg

Reactions: EternalMetal
Was that confirmed? Not that I looked hard but what I did find didn't confirm his addiction.
Maybe his addiction was their own brew and he's just been told how much it costs here in Oz.

Yeah he's had multiple problems for years but all the articles I saw yesterday here didn't select any single one. The news of them cancelling even made the national 6pm news here, which given yesterday was AFL Grand Final day was amazing.