Live shows

Saw Cryptopsy and Obituary in Boston last week. Holy fucking dick tips. One of the best shows I've ever been to. Obituary was drunk and legendary, but Cryptopsy was just technically fucking flawless. I've never seen a set so perfect. Got a signed copy of None So Vile on vinyl, Matt Mcgachy wrote "the worm is better" above his signature. What an honest guy.

Reactions: zerostatic
Had free tickets to see Joe Satriani last night. It was actually much better than expected. Guy hasn't missed a beat, and definitely played a good selection of his more popular stuff to keep it interesting. His backing band is impressively talented also.

Oh sweet fuck, look at the set Neurosis played a few days ago in San Francisco. I jizzed literally. They dug out so many great fucking tracks it's impossible for me to actually believe in this. They're gods.

To Crawl Under One's Skin
Locust Star
Eye
Grey
Life on Your Knees
Pollution
Distill (Watching the Swarm)
The Web
We All Rage in Gold
Cold Ascending
No River to Take Me Home
Double-Edged Sword
Blisters
Given to the Rising
The Tide
The Doorway

No words to describe this fucking set. Hope there are some Neurosis worshipper here.

Abysmal Dawn was tight as fuck. They sound mechanical in a badass way. Awesome start to a night of death metal.

Cryptopsy blew my face off. Matt McGachy did the classic songs justice. New stuff was good too. Finale was Phobophile and it obliterated the audience.

Obituary was old school greatness. Tardy's 90s style raspy vocals were strong as ever. Groovy riffing and jamming.

Cannibal Corpse was cool, although the constant hammering and Corpsegrinder's weird vocal technique got repetitive. Still banged my head though.

Reactions: zerostatic
Saw my favourite local grindcore band's last gig last night. They were called Rort.

I've never seen The Tote so packed. Every crusty grindcore cunt from within a 100 kilometre radius was there. Crazy pit and stage diving all night. Someone cracked a lighter and lit it at some point. Then not long after, someone rushed the stage with a fire extinguisher and went nuts. Complete chaos ensued and the gig ended.

image.jpeg

Pretty fitting send off.

Reactions: EternalMetal
Saw Carcass, Testament and Slayer Saturday night and it was a great show. I was most excited to see Carcass and they didn't disappoint! They played a lot of songs off Heartwork and Surgical Steel. I have never been a huge Testament fan and I thought they had the weakest performance of the night. I was surprised by how good Slayer was live. I last saw them about 13 or 14 years ago and this show was a lot better than I remember them being. Also, I took my 16 year old Nephew to this show and it was his first concert. He had a great time so I think I created another metal-head! :headbang:

Let me know how this is. I'm going next week with my friend's band in their bus as they're an opener.

Excellent show! They're reinvigorated for sure with Mike rejoining the band and he hasn't lost a step. They did a few off the new one but mostly stayed within the first five albums. Wish they could have played another hour haha. Hatchet put on a great show too.

Busy weekend:

Thursday: Riding with War Curse on their bus to the Metal Church/Hatchet show as they are support
Friday: Engraved Darkness (local)/Disentomb/Fallujah/TBDM (but leaving after Fallujah because I couldn't give a fuck about TBDM)
Saturday: Riding with Siegelord to their show in Columbus
Sunday: Sleeping most of the day

Reactions: Baroque
TBDM are great live.

Yes, but I still don't care and I have a long day on Saturday.

Anyway, Mike Howe sounded incredible. It's like it was 1994. He could hit every high he hit when he was in his prime in Metal Church.

Hatchet was good. They had sound problems for three songs but otherwise they were good.

War Curse's bus wouldn't start so we had to rent a U-Haul and the band almost didn't get to play because they were late. The promoter is a fucking dumbass to boot.

Last edited:
Saw my favourite local grindcore band's last gig last night. They were called Rort.

I've never seen The Tote so packed. Every crusty grindcore cunt from within a 100 kilometre radius was there. Crazy pit and stage diving all night. Someone cracked a lighter and lit it at some point. Then not long after, someone rushed the stage with a fire extinguisher and went nuts. Complete chaos ensued and the gig ended.

Nice to hear that there are still people tearing shit up at shows. It's so tame around here nowadays, so it's great to see that there are still some times when people let loose at a gig and have a good time.

I just went to the Choosing Death Fest show in Philly last night. The lineup was Nails, Misery Index, Deceased, Noisem, Horrendous, Derketa, and Taphos Nomos. Dying Fetus was supposed to headline, but apparently two of the members got the flu so they didnt play. Derketa also replaced Magrudergrind at the last minute, which to me was a good thing because they were really fucking good. Really great show all around, but the crowd was a bit too tame for the music imo. Select band members decided to play Sepultura covers at the end because Dying Fetus didnt play, which wasnt bad, but of all bands why Sepultura?

Most of you faggots don't give a shit, but I see Killswitch Engage on Thursday. I've been waiting over a decade to see this band so I am super excited.

I heard their new album is shit. My friend is a fan of theirs and he despises the new material.

New album is quite good imo. Nothing the band will ever do again will touch Alive or Just Breathing, but this new one is certainly some quality shit. Is your friend a bigger fan of Howard Jones than Jesse Leach?