Live shows

Starting this summer, I've gotten back in the flow of going to concerts, which I'm really grateful for. (Bandsintown is my favorite ap).

So far:
Iron Maiden
Arizmenda/Volhan
Swans
Rotting Christ
Blind Guardian
Demilich

Upcoming:
Power of the Riff (Neurosis/ Wolves in the Throne Room)
Ash Borer/Volhan

Reactions: EternalMetal
Starting this summer, I've gotten back in the flow of going to concerts, which I'm really grateful for. (Bandsintown is my favorite ap).

Havent heard of that app, but ive been getting back to going to shows ever since I went to MDF this summer as well.

So far:
Iron Maiden
Arizmenda/Volhan
Swans
Rotting Christ
Blind Guardian
Demilich

I wish I lived in Cali so I could see Arizmenda and Volahn. I take it they were great? Im jealous you got to see Demilich, I hope I get the chance one of these days.

The past week was really good concert-wise for me. I got to catch Saint Vitus in Philly with Reagers on vocals, and last night I caught Satan's set in NYC. Both delivered as expected. Satan's guitarists were ridiculously good, at least on par with what ive been seeing out of Maiden these days.

Havent heard of that app, but ive been getting back to going to shows ever since I went to MDF this summer as well.

I wish I lived in Cali so I could see Arizmenda and Volahn. I take it they were great? Im jealous you got to see Demilich, I hope I get the chance one of these days.

The Twilight Black Circle is an interesting live show. There is a TON of smoke, so you can't see much on the stage, and when you can it's in and out of focus. I did gather that the same guys are in multiple bands, but usually one guy takes the lead and directs each act's sound.

Arizmenda was legitimately disturbing. Murdunbad is a very intense performer. He plays half naked and is covered in scars from self-mutilation. He looks absolutely possessed while performing. He often performs in the crowd and gets right into people's faces. So if you're near the front, you can be surrounded in fog and out of nowhere this scarred up dude might be screaming in your face eying you down like he's about to murder you.

There's this one dude in the circle who visually really doesn't fit in (he was wearing some sort of Hawaiian shirt). He plays bass in Arizmenda. However, during the last song, Murdunbad kicked him out. The dude threw the bass to the ground and stormed off stage looking really pissed. Murdunbad picked up the bass and proceeded to try and play the bass and hold the mic at the same time. One of the more bazaar series of events I've seen during a set.

Overall, you definitely want to see them live if you get the chance. Both acts are great, but Arizmenda in particular is what I think a black metal show should be like.

Reactions: EternalMetal
The Twilight Black Circle is an interesting live show. There is a TON of smoke, so you can't see much on the stage, and when you can it's in and out of focus. I did gather that the same guys are in multiple bands, but usually one guy takes the lead and directs each act's sound.

Arizmenda was legitimately disturbing. Murdunbad is a very intense performer. He plays half naked and is covered in scars from self-mutilation. He looks absolutely possessed while performing. He often performs in the crowd and gets right into people's faces. So if you're near the front, you can be surrounded in fog and out of nowhere this scarred up dude might be screaming in your face eying you down like he's about to murder you.

Damn, sounds like they are really good live. Im not sure how far east they travel (my guess is not at all), so id have to travel across the country to come see them.

There's this one dude in the circle who visually really doesn't fit in (he was wearing some sort of Hawaiian shirt). He plays bass in Arizmenda. However, during the last song, Murdunbad kicked him out. The dude threw the bass to the ground and stormed off stage looking really pissed. Murdunbad picked up the bass and proceeded to try and play the bass and hold the mic at the same time. One of the more bazaar series of events I've seen during a set.

lol, that's great, I wonder if it was an act?

Just got back last night from seeing Gorguts in Philly. I was a little annoyed that half of their set was the new 30+ minute long song from their new EP, but otherwise they delivered. I recorded them playing the song Obscura, and will link anyone to a youtube link when I get the chance to upload it if you are interested. About halfway through the song a bunch of guys came in and created a mosh right where I was standing, but I decided to stick with the filming so I moshed a little while recording. My phone actually sounds pretty good, so at least the SQ is at least halfway decent for a live recording. I headband a lot when recording, so the video is pretty amateur but I think it captured the experience.

Went to Caledonian Darkness last weekend. Saw Dead Congregation (who didn't get to play because http://stv.tv/news/west-central/137...ka-daubed-on-wall-as-bands-trash-music-venue/ ) with Voices and Incarceration on Friday. Goat Torment, LVTHN, Burial and Cult of Erinyes last night. Damnation Festival next weekend. Not the greatest line up they've had but Mithras, Enslaved, Akercocke, Electric Wizard and Abbath should all be decent. Sucks that Mithras are on so early and only have a shitty 40 minute set.

lol, that's great, I wonder if it was an act?

I wondered the same thing. I guess the question is has that happened at other shows, or was it a one-time thing.

Has anyone seen Ulcerate live? I'm 60-40 on seeing them this week. It's on a work night and at a venue where the shows tend to finish past midnight. I've only started listening to them recently, but I've been impressed by what I've heard and it seems like it could be a compelling live show.

Went to Caledonian Darkness last weekend. Saw Dead Congregation (who didn't get to play because http://stv.tv/news/west-central/137...ka-daubed-on-wall-as-bands-trash-music-venue/ ) with Voices and Incarceration on Friday. Goat Torment, LVTHN, Burial and Cult of Erinyes last night. Damnation Festival next weekend. Not the greatest line up they've had but Mithras, Enslaved, Akercocke, Electric Wizard and Abbath should all be decent. Sucks that Mithras are on so early and only have a shitty 40 minute set.

Sucks you missed Dead Congregation, I still havent seen them and would have been pissed if I was at that show. Though the real take home message here is the bleak outlook of the underground metal scene. Seeing bands and venues not get paid due to lack of sales is not a good thing.

Has anyone seen Ulcerate live? I'm 60-40 on seeing them this week. It's on a work night and at a venue where the shows tend to finish past midnight. I've only started listening to them recently, but I've been impressed by what I've heard and it seems like it could be a compelling live show.

Ill probably miss out on this show since it will be in NYC on a tuesday, and I dont get back from New York shows any earlier than almost 3AM. I cant comment on how they are live though.

Here are some vids I took at the Gorguts show:

Voivod had a nearly perfect setlist at their show yesterday at the Leafmeal-Festival where they played - though not in this order - the following songs (I hope I didn't mix anything up):

Voivod
Korgüll The Exterminator
Killing Thechnology
Overreaction
Tribal Convictions
Psychic Vacuum
The Unknown Knows
Astronomy Domine
The Prow
Post Society
Fall

Two songs from each of my favourite three Voivod-albums.

Free show down in the Hipsterville part of town tonight:

Vektor
Black Fast
Faithxtractor

I'll let you know how it is @Baroque

Alright, yeah i saw vektor black fast witchaven last week, pretty good show. Vektor only played terminal redux. I like the album but it's not their most exciting live material. Black fast was great.

I think for live shows I prefer energetic bands like havok, warbringer, or fueled by fire that get the pit going crazy, I do like tech thrash for just listening though. Have fun.

15037162_1162320463847860_7857326936568770001_n.jpg

So far this year...

• Alcest, Mono, pg.lost
  • Dia Psalma, Asta Kask, DLK
  • Tribulation, Yuri Gagarin
  • Katatonia
  • Entombed(original),Unleashed, Necrophobic, Grave, Centinex, Merciless
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Graveyard
  • Misery Loves Company, Candlemass, Vader, Abbath
  • Myrkur, Amorphis, At The Gates, Behemoth, Dark Tranquillity, Firespawn
  • Ghost, Tribulation
  • Behemoth, Abbath, Entombed A.D.
Original Entombed with Nicke on drums performing entire Clandestine was fucking insane, Tribulation and Katatonia was also very good and Myrkur was incredible.
I will probably go see Diabolical tonight and maybe The Haunted before the end of the year.

Fuck, what a great gig. I felt supports (Dawn of Disease, Grand Magus) were even better than the headliner (Amon Amarth). Grand Magus made me love them even more, that was something impressive. Christoffersson's vocals are something otherwordly, he's a god or something. Amon Amarth also slew but my heart goes with Grand Magus. They are becoming my all time fav band.

@CASSETTEISGOD I marked you on Facebook to see the video.