Live Videos Thread

B-tuning is not for Bodom. It doesn't serve their sound, style, and it isn't a shortcut to heaviness. Even D sounds heavier as it's sharper and crispier, as long as you make some interesting riffs. With B the strings are looser and I guess it has an effect on the touch not seeming as tight.

"With B the strings are looser and I guess it has an effect on the touch not seeming as tight."
Completely agree on that.
I always found this trend of tuning the guitar lower and lower utterly stupid. Even if you go for a much thicker string gauge, you still lose so much... Until Db it's ok, lower, it's fucked up.

B-tuning is not for Bodom. It doesn't serve their sound, style, and it isn't a shortcut to heaviness. Even D sounds heavier as it's sharper and crispier, as long as you make some interesting riffs. With B the strings are looser and I guess it has an effect on the touch not seeming as tight.

Exactly. I remember Alexi saying that they tuned up to D standard for Hatebreeder after Something Wild for the sole purpose of everything sounding tighter.

He'd be using a heavier string gauge tho so the strings wouldn't necessarily be looser. If he wants to play lower either use a 7 string (which apparently he hates) or get ESP to build you a Baritone guitar so it doesn't sound like muddy shit

But it's not like they play the whole of IWC on tour, just what, 3 songs? Something else is going on that the crowds have lost interest if that's the case. You've to energize the audience (and thus yourself) with more than the music, and Alexi does very little of that. Janne is a goof who doesn't help, Jaska doesn't say a word, Henkka and Daniel could help but I take it Alexi won't let anyone overshadow him. Alexander was ideal for that because Alexi came out pumped. Alexi wanting to be the sole ruler has in a way backfired, at least on stage. People want to see a band, not Alexi & friends. Alexi wants to have this 80s metal god persona but he doesn't engage the crowd or really "perform" for the fans. Presumably these guys are living their dream, but it doesn't show.

But it's not like they play the whole of IWC on tour, just what, 3 songs? Something else is going on that the crowds have lost interest if that's the case. You've to energize the audience (and thus yourself) with more than the music, and Alexi does very little of that. Janne is a goof who doesn't help, Jaska doesn't say a word, Henkka and Daniel could help but I take it Alexi won't let anyone overshadow him. Alexander was ideal for that because Alexi came out pumped. Alexi wanting to be the sole ruler has in a way backfired, at least on stage. People want to see a band, not Alexi & friends. Alexi wants to have this 80s metal god persona but he doesn't engage the crowd or really "perform" for the fans. Presumably these guys are living their dream, but it doesn't show.

It's all about passion and atmosphere of the music (and the band). And partly it's about choosing a creative setlist that proceeds from one song to the next in a way that is energetically interesting and sense-making.

It's all about passion and atmosphere of the music (and the band). And partly it's about choosing a creative setlist that proceeds from one song to the next in a way that is energetically interesting and sense-making.

Yeah but that doesn't mean just playing songs from FTR, which is what many here want.

Check guys. I hope it will not be deleted.

Tracklist:
01. Needled 24/7
02. Follow The Reaper
03. Living Dead Beat
04. Trashed, Lost & Strungout
05. Morrigan
06. In Your Face
07. My Bodom (I Am the Only One)
08. Everytime I Die
09. Silent Night, Bodom Night
10. I Worship Chaos
11. Angels Don't Kill
12. Lake Bodom
13. Children Of Decadence
14. Hate Me!
15. Downfall

Reactions: sleeper666
Check guys. I hope it will not be deleted.

Tracklist:
01. Needled 24/7
02. Follow The Reaper
03. Living Dead Beat
04. Trashed, Lost & Strungout
05. Morrigan
06. In Your Face
07. My Bodom (I Am the Only One)
08. Everytime I Die
09. Silent Night, Bodom Night
10. I Worship Chaos
11. Angels Don't Kill
12. Lake Bodom
13. Children Of Decadence
14. Hate Me!
15. Downfall

Man,,, Alexi really start to look unhealty nowdays,,, besides from that his playing/recording during this live show isnt that awesome either :(

I was at the irving plaza NYC concert. From what I could tell they played great. But it was so fucking loud (and I was drunk) I could barely tell what was going on. Only other concert I've been to was another COB concert many years ago. I guess ear plugs are necessary or something?

COB concerts nowadays are like a well oiled machine. They're great, but it's the same exact thing every time. Not a bad thing to be fair. They could just be getting old/bored.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but even though the video quality is crappy, you can definitely hear how good they played at that time... Would kill to experience such a concert..

tbf Alexi played the BW outro solo as bad as ever.

Man,,, Alexi really start to look unhealty nowdays,,, besides from that his playing/recording during this live show isnt that awesome either :(
pretty sure he's anorexic by now. Fucking shame.

Last edited:
Someone should find a way to ask him without sounding too intrusive if his health is ok. Because I too think he has some anorexia problem. It's not normal to go that thin that fast.

Nice quality and nice playing! I hope this guy filmed also In the Shadows, The Nail and Warheart. The second video is Black Widow, not In the Shadows.

Obviously it's not their current style, both music and stage wise, but surprisingly fine performance.

Shouldn't Black WIdow have green light tho. Maybe the intention is to support the atmosphere and make the songs more recognizable by having the distinctive colour theme. The lighting professor needs to wtfu.

Last edited:
Alexi simply needs to recognize these old songs are far more fun to play live and to listen to. Then the band will come to the conclusion that they'd be better off just writing this type of shit to this day. Shame it will never happen.