Live Videos Thread

Alexi simply needs to recognize these old songs are far more fun to play live and to listen to. Then the band will come to the conclusion that they'd be better off just writing this type of shit to this day. Shame it will never happen.

I think their purpose is to see if the fans truly like this stuff this day. They'll start writing new album soon. Of course there's no new songs involved to see the separation in reaction. Sales are the best indicator of volume, but as the music business has gone down the drain, what can you do... either attract mainstream by devolving your art, or staying true to your original invention. I believe there's much the band should draw from their original albums, but there's also unexplored territories. How much this tour pulls people in should determine if they'll react on it. And I don't care what style it is, because what really matters is how epic feeling the songs have. It doesn't come automatically by throwing in neo-classical or whatever, it would just sound shit. What needs to happen in my opinion is the songwriter needs to invent a song idea in his mind before touching the instrument. The soundworld and tempo etc are always personal preference, but any style can sound great or weak depending on the flow of creativity.

Still, I hope Alexi can come to some conclusion during this tour, whether he should write a sequel to the saga that ended with Follow the Reaper, or if he can just rest his mind and explore something completely new.

Last edited:
Hey NewHewkas.
I'm going to Vienna for the concert on the 25th. If you want, we could meet there. I kept thinking it'd be nice to meet some members of the forum in real life. Also, I see you're from Hungary, so we would be two foreigners haha.

Really cool to see them play that old stuff live and they seem to have fun at least. However, I don't think that they will include them regularly into their set, you can easily hear how hard it is for Alexi to sing the old songs, he strains his voice a lot. Still, good perfomances so far.

According to their last show, they played all songs from their 4 first albums, never done before. no I worship Chaos? no Halo? no blooddrunk? no are you dead yet? that give some weird sensation that next album will be inspired by their oldest stuff ever and it will be THE return to the root album.

According to their last show, they played all songs from their 4 first albums, never done before. no I worship Chaos? no Halo? no blooddrunk? no are you dead yet? that give some weird sensation that next album will be inspired by their oldest stuff ever and it will be THE return to the root album.
Don't expect anything like that. This is all marketing. It's great that it results in this amazing setlist and they appear to have fun on stage, but it is no guarantee the next album will be anything like this.

That said, judging from the videos above, the vocals are pretty poor but the guitars sound pretty good. Just not as good as on the abulms. But that could be the poor quality of the videos or the live setting and all that.

The playing is surprisingly good and Alexi's making an effort on the vocals.

Still waiting for video of In the Shadows. Can't believe they play that.

Hey NewHewkas.
I'm going to Vienna for the concert on the 25th. If you want, we could meet there. I kept thinking it'd be nice to meet some members of the forum in real life. Also, I see you're from Hungary, so we would be two foreigners haha.
We can meet if I could go there, at the moment I hope that my brother can manage to come, Good point that altough he is not a "metalhead" he likes Bodom especially their old stuff, so he got excited when I showed him the setlist and the rehearsal.

Other: I can't understand why Alexi couldn't sing in his old-style voice, Jari (Wintersun) still manages to do that.

We can meet if I could go there, at the moment I hope that my brother can manage to come, Good point that altough he is not a "metalhead" he likes Bodom especially their old stuff, so he got excited when I showed him the setlist and the rehearsal.

Other: I can't understand why Alexi couldn't sing in his old-style voice, Jari (Wintersun) still manages to do that.
Jari's done less live shows, so his voice hasn't worn down as much perhaps? Or better technique / he hasn't changed his technique?

The short clip from the end section of In the Shadows sounds great. Never could expect this day. Where the hell is that good quality full version?!

The first videos were amazing quality in sound and visual, luckily. It would be a sad thing if this full concert wasn't put on youtube with good quality. Like, the shit everyone was begging for for over ten years, and no-one would tape it.