Local Bands...

Have actually seen Dog Tired live, they definitely deserve to get noticed. Awesome live band.

Blood of Martyrs is my favorite local band. Sludgy black metal.
http://www.myspace.com/bloodofmartyrs

Well, they were. That site indicates they moved to hipsterland. Listen to "Powerless" anyway, because it's a killer song. I guess they have a new release coming out, and the new songs sound promising. They were supposed to be on Battle Kommand, before that label folded. I could see these guys getting pretty big. Would be at home on a label like Southern Lord.

Back in my old stomping grounds of Boston there is some decent hardcore but I don't know much about it and I doubt most people here would like it.

Toronto has a pretty weak metal scene but the brutal death band Heaps of Dead is decent and there are a couple average sounding black metal bands.

Let me think...around here.
Well, Shadows Fall are actually local and I dig them.
Goratory and Abnormality are from MA.

I'm pretty sure my band is the only metal band in Brookline.
www.myspace.com/winterfellusa
Those are just demo's I made so I wouldn't forget the songs but we've finally got a full line-up.

Hmm... Richmond has, what, Gwar and Lamb of God?

I think I'll pass :lol:

I do need to check out Municipal Waste sometime, though I'm not sure if they're any good or not.

Back in my old stomping grounds of Boston there is some decent hardcore but I don't know much about it and I doubt most people here would like it.

Toronto has a pretty weak metal scene but the brutal death band Heaps of Dead is decent and there are a couple average sounding black metal bands.

here, here! Boston has always had a great hardcore scene. SS Decontrol, Slapshot, Gang Green all good bands.