Local metal nites where you are

blackstarbaby

New Metal Member
Jun 16, 2004
Hey again to all of you who have spoken to me before and welcome to all those who haven't.

I am posting this thread to plug our local metal nite, Necroscope. :headbang:

For those of you in Yorkshire it is well worth a visit. Every Thursday nite @ the west riding in huddersfield. No punk, ska, emo crap. Just proper metal (which of course includes 'thrax)

If you are interested visit www.geocities.com/necroscopemetal

What goes on in your area??????

Not a lot metal-wise here in Orlando, unfortunately, but I've seen a few great bands, Deaf Child, for instance, unbelievable. 5 billion dead opened for anthrax when they were here, pretty intense. But Deaf Child, holy shit...

Our local station, WJJO, (which also played the hell out of Safe Home) has a progam they call WJJOverdrive. Sunday - Thursday from midnight to 1 a.m. they play metal. I don't get to listen very often as I usually have to get up a little after 5 for work, but they play stuff like Slayer, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir.... I have not heard any nu-metal crap on there. Too bad it isn't a couple hours earlier or on the weekend, I could hear more of it.

Scott - that show here in LA is on kinda late too. Its comes at like 10:00pm on Wed's. Whey can't these shows be on when I'm grilling and drinking on a Sat afternoon? :(

I think it is because they do not want to play that type of music during the day and drive away their core listeners. Plus, by playing it late, they don't have as many people listening so they can play a little more aggressive music that the real fans of the genre will seek out, as opposed to someone flipping through the dial and saying, "I love this new Linkin Park song. I'll listen to this station for a bit" and then change the station, screaming their little nu-metal heads off when they hear an actual guitar solo. "Talent, not just the same riff over and over- evil! I can't take it! Must hear Korn!"

And, if they play it late and don't get feedback on it, they can stop playing that stuff and say that they gave it a shot but there was not a big enough audience to justify playing it anymore and drop the program if they really didn't want to play that type of music to begin with.

My station here in town seems to be better than what most of you guys have near you, but they can still improve. They play Megadeth, Pantera, old Metallica (KEA, RTL, MoP, AJFA) and they played Safe Home quite often. But I have not heard any other Anthrax. They do play Slipknot and Mudvayne (lots of Mudvayne, they are from a couple hours away and play this area pretty often), but I have not heard any Lamb of God or Killswitch Engage.

we have a good rock station in san diego california.Also many of the bars I go to have juke boxes with good punk and metal.Some places even have the download juke boxes,I know a bar next to my old work that has most of the slayer albums,and anthrax,metallica megadeth,priest,maiden I could go on that you can download.

The only thing that sucks is use got to pay 75 since but its worth it,to hear metal trashing mad,evil has no boundries,hit the lights,sin city,or tyrant in a bar.

Plus its fun to watch slayer get the place crazy.

Thing thats sucks is concerts dont do as well here so I have to go to la for lots of shit.Unless its punk which does great here.

I had never realised how lucky we are in the UK. We have a fairly large selection of places to go even if most of them involve a fair amount of travel from the ikkle teeny backwater of Huddersfield. We don't have any rock/metal radio (had a local one on trial once but they didnt get their license) but its always better when its loud and you have a dancefloor anyway.

However you do it keep it metal! :Smokedev:

K!