Local news

Iron Maiden will play in Sofia on June 16. Nice! :D Hopefully they won't be badly hungover like they were in 2007 and will perform better.

Starting to shape up my next season's tournament calendar for disc golf. It will mostly consist of tournaments around Oulu, but I'm looking for possibilities to participate in something in the south. Unfortunately I'm not good enough a player to enter the Finnish Open in Tali that coincides with Tuska ;)

Also, I didn't get the job... bummer. Wasn't exactly what I'm trained for so someone more experienced in the field was hired.

Bulgaria has ranked the lowest among European countries in media freedom, according to Reporters Without Borders and is at position No. 100.
The Bulgarian government has approved a programme for bilateral cooperation with North Korea in education, media, art, culture, sport, book publishing, etc.
Good news is, that if this government remains in power till the end of the year, Bulgaria will probably be kicked out of the EU and after another year of cooperation with North Korea in the media sphere, I will most likely be granted a political asylum in, say... Finland. If I am not sent to Belene to break large stones into smaller stones and manage to get out of Bulgaria, that is.

Ragnarok is upon us, it seems. Bring it on, I say! :kickass:

In other news, however not exactly local, Finland beating the shit out of Russia on hockey, Putin's favourite sport, with him watching, has made my day. Tonight I celebrate with Koskenkorva :D
Best of luck against the arch-enemy Sweden!

On Friday I shall raise the Finnish flag high, stock up on beer and root for Finland. I promised my new colleagues, that if Finland wins the gold, I shall buy a bottle of Finlandia for the office to celebrate.
We, the journalists, need half an excuse to drink anyway.

I finally got the @#!*& ticket for the concert.
Took their sweet time to get it out.

On a more positive side, both the Amo and Hamferð logo are on the ticket, it isn't just in some blank font, so it'll be a nice addition to the collection.

On a more positive side, both the Amo and Hamferð logo are on the ticket, it isn't just in some blank font, so it'll be a nice addition to the collection.

My turn to be jealous now. :cry:

I'm trying to decide if I want to go see Mastodon/Gojira/Kvelertak in May. So far the wife is not interested and I'm not sure if I feel like going by myself.

The gig here's nearly sold out. My guess is, it will sell out.
Amorphis are setting a nice trend of selling out their gigs here - it would be the second out of four. It's true the venue is small-ish, but we're in economic crisis. The two, that haven't sold out, were not in clubs, but in large sports halls.
I do prefer the club gigs.

On Friday I shall raise the Finnish flag high, stock up on beer and root for Finland. I promised my new colleagues, that if Finland wins the gold, I shall buy a bottle of Finlandia for the office to celebrate.
We, the journalists, need half an excuse to drink anyway.

What a huge win for Finland. Can't promise anything for Friday, though, except that I am rooting for a great game. I like all the teams in the final four.

The gig here's nearly sold out. My guess is, it will sell out.
Amorphis are setting a nice trend of selling out their gigs here - it would be the second out of four. It's true the venue is small-ish, but we're in economic crisis. The two, that haven't sold out, were not in clubs, but in large sports halls.
I do prefer the club gigs.

I doubt it will sell out here, but it's really annoying.
Bulgarian eventim started selling tickets, what, 5 days after the announcement. It took our stupid organizers almost 2 months for that.
I don't blame the eventim, of course, it's these lazy folks from "Serbian Hellbangers" who don't know how to do their job.

But it doesn't matter now, I guess. I have the ticket, I'm happy.

In other news, Iron Maiden + Ghost will be hitting Belgrade in June.
Surprisingly, I'm not excited. Partially because I doubt I'll be able to go due to my exams at the time, and...I dunno. I'm just not. Don't know why.
Weird though. I like most of the stuff by IM and while not being a fan of Ghost, it would be interesting to see them, but I guess my enthusiasm went away for the Amo gig.

It's usually up to the promoter to decide when the ticket sales start. Here they start very early with the hope to sell some tickets way ahead and have some certainty that there will be enough audience. People, however, tend to buy tickets in the last moment because they don't trust the promoters, big and small, much. With this particular promoter, I trust him absolutely, so usually buy a ticket early. The other promoters I don't trust that much.

In other news, Iron Maiden + Ghost will be hitting Belgrade in June.
Ah, so we're getting the overrated Ghost too. I've seen them - they're mildly interesting the first 10 minutes, then it gets boring - musically and otherwise. If one wants a proper freak show, King Diamond and Alice Cooper are the thing.
But on the other hand, the reactions of the local "vest metalheads" to a band formed after the year 2000, will be worth seeing. :lol::lol::lol:
Besides, we get a band formed in the past 15 years so seldom, that I guess I should be grateful.

Got a new Internet & TV provider. The mess, cables and various devices is staggering...
:OMG:
So here I am: crawling under furniture, reading user guides, trying to untangle cables (thank gods cat doesn't eat cables, for surely the optic cable would pose a serious problem) and make sense of devices and additional remote controls.
This was meant to be easier.
At least I got more TV channels, HD and all, (which I'll never watch) and a bit faster net.
But having YouTube in the TV set is AWESOME!!!! :worship:notworthy:worship: