Logic studio. Is it worth it?

lanky noob

Jan 13, 2012
The shire, UK
So i've been running logic express since I started mixing etc, and i'm debating the jump to studio, however express has all the drum replacement/beat detective style tools I could need, and I mostly use third party plugins anyway besides the channel eq. Is there anything i'm really missing out on that people could tell me about/sway me towards upgrading or not?

That's what i'm thinking, I have other reverb/delay plugins anyway, and waveburner seems to be a bit pointless and/or outdated according to reviews.
Was jsut wondering if there were any other tools i'm missing out on/more revised tools

I use PT 9 but i also own Logic Express
It's very good,Logic studio has more options,but there's no doubt that you can create a great production with express if you know how to handle it

I will use WaveBurner sometimes but just because I have it and its there. I mainly use it to quickly check how loud songs sound compared to other, but nothing you cant manage without it. I am a big fan of Space Designer. i use it all the time and really like it. But that is probably mainly because I have always just had it so i am really familiar with it. But overall you will probably be fine with express. I also use all the delay plugins quite a bit. Im not sure if they are in express or not.

The amount of plug-ins, instruments it comes with are great.

Biggest thing overall for me is the FlexTime and drum-replacement which I use all the time.

Bare in mind that it hasn't been updated in 3 years so there could be an update right round the corner; but Apple won't make a peep until it's shipping.