Logo or NO logo for The Great Cold Distance?

With or without logo?

• ...with logo (they have an awesome logo)

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • ...without logo (simpler approach is better)

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • undecided.

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
affinityband said:
It is actually spelt Katatonia, because of the word katatonic. so, catatonia are just gay. Katatonia are the greatest.

you mean catatonic?

The most traditional pop band of all the Welsh bands to emerge in the post-Brit-pop days of the mid-'90s, Catatonia reworked the sound of jangling late-'80s alternative rock with the punchy, amateurish indie-rock attack. Comprised of vocalist Cerys Matthews, guitarist/vocalist Mark Roberts, guitarist Owen, bassist Paul Jones and drummer Aled Richards, Catatonia formed in Cardiff, Wales in the early '90s. Matthews and Roberts used to busk together in Cardiff before officially forming the band.

Catatonia released its first EP, For Tinkerbell, in 1993. At the time, the band featured Matthews, Roberts, Jones, drummer Dafydd Ieuan and keyboardist C. Pegg. The same line-up recorded Hooked, which was released the following year. After the release of Hooked, both Pegg and Ieuan left the band; Dafydd went on to join Super Furry Animals. Replacing Ieuan with Aled Richards, the group released "Sweet Catatonia" in late 1995 and then added in Owen as a second guitarist. Early in 1996, "You've Got a Lot to Answer For" became the band's first charting single, appearing at number 35 on the British charts. A full-length album, Way Beyond Blue, followed in September, and it was greeted with positive reviews, peaking at number 40 on the charts. Catatonia returned in 1998 with their second album, International Velvet, a British smash which hit the top of the charts and stayed there for several weeks thanks to the hit singles "I Am the Mob" and "Mulder and Scully." Equally Cursed and Blessed followed in the spring of 2000. The band's next album, Paper Scissors Stone followed in summer 2001 and the single "Stone by Stone" wasn't terribly successful. In September, frontwoman Cerys Matthews announced her departure from Catatonia. She had bouts with exhaustion and anxiety in recent months and a well-deserved break was in order. The remaining members of the band continued their career, but not under the Catatonia name.

Deftones - Minerva

the photographer should have incorporated the logo, otherwise his shot/crop never intended the logo.

or someobody use good typography with this photo.

rubberstamping/cowbranding logos by records label people always ruin album covers.

Seems like Trav said:
Short answer: The band initially suggested it to try, and I agree with it completely. I think it's perfect in it's current context. However, find comfort in the fact that Mr. Logo has not been abandoned and forgotten and just might make an appearance somewhere.

Sounds great Travis.....your the best....by far.

dmjawknee said:
I think if the logo was to be used at all it would have to be black...the white is too much of a contrast when you use the old logo and takes away from the overall tone of the artwork.
Indeed. Not to mention when it's up in the left corner it just looks like it's given the guy a bad headache ...

Khayman666 said:
Indeed. Not to mention when it's up in the left corner it just looks like it's given the guy a bad headache ...

hahaha I never looked at it that way. He's like trying to get away from the flying OLD KATATONIA LOGO but the wall is in the way so he just covers his face like, KATATONIA SUCK!

Seems like Trav said:
Short answer: The band initially suggested it to try, and I agree with it completely. I think it's perfect in it's current context. However, find comfort in the fact that Mr. Logo has not been abandoned and forgotten and just might make an appearance somewhere.

:) Sounds good to me. Cheers to that!

Katatonia's classical logo is outstanding, and already created a lot of pleasant associations in our sick minds, so I can't understand why they decided to get rid of it....
It'a a very pitiful mistake.....

Oh, logo, we'll miss you so much.... :cry:

They wanna be like the sucky band "kent"?
The must have thier logo on it , or else...the whole feeling is gone.
Whenever i listen to a cd i always inspect the look of the cd-cover. Details etc.
And that feels kind of sucky if they decide to release the first album without a descent logotype...So...damn poor.

Seems like Trav said:

Hey Travis, once you seem to be reading these posts, been waiting for a long time to tell you i love your work - not that my comments are earth-shakingly important, lol, but hey, just know that you're one of my favourite artists hands down and your work is MUCH appreciated!! Hell, you do the cover art for most of my favourite bands, too, so... you're like a trademark for good music! :p keep it up mate! you rawk!:headbang: :headbang: ;)

P.S. The new album cover had me :OMG: for hours and is currently my background...seeing as red and black are my favourite colours... incredible, man, cant wait to see the internal art!

P.S. 2. Angel Dumpster is INCREDIBLE. *phew* that one's off my chest.

I love the logo, but I think the lack of it adds a simpler edge and really packs punch. I think the cover is very tastfully done. Also the My Twin cover looks incredible too. I love your work Travis! Keep it up!