LOL @ Last word thread

Yeah, today I listened to The Island Years, and we need to get back to setlists like those.

The classics + songs like Now It's Dark, Keep it in the Family, In My World, etc. Maybe even a few Bush songs.

of course i'd like to hear 'Sodium Pentathol', 'Room For One More', 'Burst' or 'Poison My Eyes' live but without John's voice those songs wouldn't be the same.

I think Joey could pull it off. You know, I had SoE and SOWN in the car yesterday and I think most people wouldn't even notice it was a different singer if you never told them. Bush has a more gravelly, raw voice, but they're not a million miles apart if you actually take a listen, maybe sing along to a few tunes.

I think Joey could pull it off. You know, I had SoE and SOWN in the car yesterday and I think most people wouldn't even notice it was a different singer if you never told them. Bush has a more gravelly, raw voice, but they're not a million miles apart if you actually take a listen, maybe sing along to a few tunes.

I'd say the difference between them is noticable...but there are similarities. I think those are mainly melodic, which I guess is more a result of songwriting similarities rather than voice.

Having said that, I've never done the same comparison between SOE and SOWN...so I might just do that this weekend and return to the board with a more "semi-qualified" statement :)

However, I agree with you that Joey could pull it off. It would sound different, but I think that Joey could do the songs justice.

There's certain songs, or things that John does, more aggressive style, that Joey would sound daft doing - but in terms of actually singing most of the songs, I don't think they're all that different. Not like the difference between say, DIAnno and Dickinson or Bayley who all sounded totally different.
Honestly I think if I played a Bush song and a Joey song to my wife I doubt she'd notice it was a different singer.

There's certain songs, or things that John does, more aggressive style, that Joey would sound daft doing - but in terms of actually singing most of the songs, I don't think they're all that different. Not like the difference between say, DIAnno and Dickinson or Bayley who all sounded totally different.
Honestly I think if I played a Bush song and a Joey song to my wife I doubt she'd notice it was a different singer.

Ok...so I've done the comparison between SOE and SOWN...well, the short version anyway. And while I can agree with you that an "untrained" Anthrax listener would perhaps struggle to spot the difference, I personally find the difference to be significant. There are a few posts on this board that tend to support my view :)

I am assuming that your wife falls into the category of "untrained Anthrax listener". Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

While I was listening a thought popped into my head. A way of comparing the two singers that would highlight the similarities rather than the differences.

This is pretty tounge in cheek, and I have no intentions to create another J vs. J debate, because I like both singers, BUT:

John could be argued to sound like....wait for it......Joey with a cold.

Ok...so I've done the comparison between SOE and SOWN...well, the short version anyway. And while I can agree with you that an "untrained" Anthrax listener would perhaps struggle to spot the difference, I personally find the difference to be significant. There are a few posts on this board that tend to support my view :)

I am assuming that your wife falls into the category of "untrained Anthrax listener". Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

While I was listening a thought popped into my head. A way of comparing the two singers that would highlight the similarities rather than the differences.

This is pretty tounge in cheek, and I have no intentions to create another J vs. J debate, because I like both singers, BUT:

John could be argued to sound like....wait for it......Joey with a cold.

Yeah, my wife hates metal. Her limit is Def Leppard. :lol: