Lone Justice v. One Man Stands

Which would you rather hear live

• One Man Stands

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • Lone Justice

Votes: 27 50.0%

• Total voters
Riehlthing said:
Probably. That's funny Scott's even messin with them now.

Messing???

Perhaps you missed this.
After our Purple Ribbon campaign, "Lone Justice" in permanent marker on my arms backstage before and after shows, my note under Charlie's hotel room door in Chicago simply stating "Lone Justice!!!" and my constant pestering of the band, they did play the intro of "Lone Justice" during the encore of their second show in Chicago last month. (The show during which TooleBox Dan and his friend held up a shitty sign saying "Lone Justice.") They had rehearsed it during sound check that day. But it wasn't enough time for John to learn the words.

Also, I have seen an interview (on video) from 1989 where Scott says how much he enjoyed playing the song at L'Amours when they brought it back for two nights. Of course, they did almost exclusively opening (Iron Maiden) and co-headlining (Clash of the Titans, Public Enemy) gigs for the next 2 years so they did not get a chance to play it. Afterwards, John joined and that song was dropped to make room for everything else. Slowly they are picking up more and more old songs even as they get further and further away. (See "Metal Thrashing Mad," "Gung-ho," "Be All, End All.") "Lone Justice" could be one of them.

jdelpi said:
(The show during which TooleBox Dan and his friend held up a shitty sign saying "Lone Justice.")
I'm offended. How dare you say that sign was shitty. For your information, I made that sign while I was in the front row out of a piece of paper in my friend's pocket and his Sharpie. It was quality.

TooleBox Dan said:
I'm offended. How dare you say that sign was shitty. For your information, I made that sign while I was in the front row out of a piece of paper in my friend's pocket and his Sharpie. It was quality.

Please accept my deepest appologies. I must have been confusing it with some other "Lone Justice" sign.

jdelpi said:
Messing???

Perhaps you missed this.
After our Purple Ribbon campaign, "Lone Justice" in permanent marker on my arms backstage before and after shows, my note under Charlie's hotel room door in Chicago simply stating "Lone Justice!!!" and my constant pestering of the band, they did play the intro of "Lone Justice" during the encore of their second show in Chicago last month. (The show during which TooleBox Dan and his friend held up a shitty sign saying "Lone Justice.") They had rehearsed it during sound check that day. But it wasn't enough time for John to learn the words.

Also, I have seen an interview (on video) from 1989 where Scott says how much he enjoyed playing the song at L'Amours when they brought it back for two nights. Of course, they did almost exclusively opening (Iron Maiden) and co-headlining (Clash of the Titans, Public Enemy) gigs for the next 2 years so they did not get a chance to play it. Afterwards, John joined and that song was dropped to make room for everything else. Slowly they are picking up more and more old songs even as they get further and further away. (See "Metal Thrashing Mad," "Gung-ho," "Be All, End All.") "Lone Justice" could be one of them.
I thought the point of the Lone Justice campaign was that they hadn't ever played it live yet.

Plus Scott said John and Rob don't know it yet. Oh well...I'm more thrilled to see them live, even if they don't play my favorite songs, Big Fat or Belly of the Beast.

Lone Justice is cool but I just don't see the Anthrax of 2003 pulling it off the same way they did in 89. Quite frankly, I think just about anything off POT would rule over Lone Justice. SOE was the first Anthrax album I bought when it came out but POT was the one that got me hooked. Bush would rule on that song. He would probably just barely squeeze out the girlie, high pitched, balls death gripping vocals of LJ. And then he wouldnt' have much left for the rest of the set.

Steve M said:
justin and i should ban all of you LONE JUSTICE haters.

Steve and Justin are the walkin dudes! They can see all the world. They'll twist LONE JUSTICE haters' minds with fear.
They're the MEN with the POWER!
Follow Lone Justice or DIE!!! (or just get banned)

AlexStomp said:
I'm not an LJ hater but I'd much rather here OMS. If I get banned, fuck it. At least I'd go down without compromising my opinion.
I'm not an LJ hater, I can't be, Stephen King is my favorite author and the Dark Tower series owns me, but as for songs, OMS is my pick. I think partly because Joey sounds better in my opinion on POT than on STD.