Long one-track songs (preferrably prog rock tunes) like EOS - Crimson?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Recommend me some long one-track tunes in the vein of Crimson... or Green Carnation...

Especially the old 70's prog rock bands...

Thanks!

NP: Opeth - My Arms Your Hearse

Grendel + This strange engine by Marillion

On the next Marillion album there will also be some great long songs with a lot of Rothery solos on them, we got a prewiew at the Marillion Convention a month ago.

Get "Relayer" by YES and "Selling England by the Pound" from Genesis. Those are some of the best Ive heard. Then again anything by those bands are good. Especially in the old days.

PROG TO LOOK OUT FOR: long songs are typical of all prog bands

Genesis Spocks Beard
Yes 10,000 other prog metal bands
King Crimson
Kansas
Rush
Journey
Marillion
Styx
Asia
GTR
Saga
old Chicago

Ormir said:
Mistiggo Varggoth Darkestra - The Key To The Gates Of Apocalypse. 72 minute black metal composition.

Wow, i've never heard about this... not to mention I can't find it anywhere too hehe. Thats incredible though.

I don't really know any single-song cd's by any 70's prog band cause im not familiar with that too much. Anyways here is a list of my favorite epic songs from prog rock/metal bands...

Dream Theater - Six Degress of Inner Turbulence (42:00 mins), this is disc 2 of 6DOIT btw
- A Change of Seasons (25:00 minutes) - Dream Theater's best song imo

Symphony X - The Odyssey (24:00mins)
- The Divine Wings of Tragedy(19:00mins)

TransAtlantic - All Of The Above (31:00 mins) - prog band with Dream Theater's drummer, Mike Portnoy
- Duel With The Devil (27:00mins)
- Stranger In Your Soul (26:00mins)