Long overdue, the "which is the best Vintersorg album?" thread

Which is, in your opinion, the best Vintersorg album?

• Till Fjälls

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Ödemarkens Son

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Cosmic Genesis

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Visions from the Spiral Generator

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • The Focusing Blur

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Solens Rötter

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

Defiance

I vårens ljusa kvällar
Now this is certainly a long overdue thread, isn't it? :p

As you can read, vote for what you think is the best Vintersorg album. Note that it's the best one, not your favourite one (they may be different).

I know that it's very hard to choose one, but do a retrospective analysis and then select one.

My choice: The Focusing Blur!

:headbang: :kickass: :)

Enjoy!

Where is Hedniskhjärtad?

It's really hard to choose just 1 album considering the great evolution of the band. My thoughts:

Taste (and vote): Till Fjälls
Band's most representative album: Cosmic Genesis (Solens would be my 2nd choice)
Lyrics: Till Fjälls.
Technique: Visions...
Vocal delivery: Cosmic Genesis
Sound quality: Solens Rötter

I voted for Cosmic Genesis. It's my favourite, and in a way I think that's the record which has the most in common with the other records, both pre and post.

My vote went to Focusing Blur; mainly due to the overall technical aspect (although I love it every way...)
Had it been Favourite instead of Best I think I would have had to go with Cosmic Genesis, at least that is the album I most oftenly return to. But it's a tricky one, there isn't a single album I dislike...

defiance, fuck you and your hard-to-reply questions :lol::lol::lol:
i've been thinking all the day about which album to choose.

it's quite impossibile for me to separate the best and the favourite album, if an album is my favourite is because i think it is the best.

one album is good in one way, one in another, but looking back at the whole discography i think the best is cosmic genesis. it has the right balance between new and old, folk and progressive, nature-based and science-based texts, old low-toned voice and new higher voice.
i think it's quite perfect, it also contains songs which are pearls, like the enigmatic spirit, astral and arcane, a dialogue with the stars, om regnbagen, algol.
this is the album i would give to a friend who asks me to listen something about this artist, 'cause i think it represents vintersorg's music in the better way, linking diverse periods and styles, an entire era, the whole process of the artist's growth is held inside this album.

defiance, fuck you and your hard-to-reply questions :lol::lol::lol:
i've been thinking all the day about which album to choose.

it's quite impossibile for me to separate the best and the favourite album, if an album is my favourite is because i think it is the best.

one album is good in one way, one in another, but looking back at the whole discography i think the best is cosmic genesis. it has the right balance between new and old, folk and progressive, nature-based and science-based texts, old low-toned voice and new higher voice.
i think it's quite perfect, it also contains songs which are pearls, like the enigmatic spirit, astral and arcane, a dialogue with the stars, om regnbagen, algol.
this is the album i would give to a friend who asks me to listen something about this artist, 'cause i think it represents vintersorg's music in the better way, linking diverse periods and styles, an entire era, the whole process of the artist's growth is held inside this album.

Hahaha vaffanculo! :lol::lol::lol:

Yes, you certainly give a very valid explanation; had I read it before making my vote, I would've probably voted for it har har :p .

And I have chosen Till Fjälls!.. Maybe I love it so much just because it was the first one I've heard. Such things are unforgettable. :)

1. Ödemarkens Son - The first album with V I heard - great songs, great vocal performance and an ok production
2. Till Fjälls - Perhaps the strongest songs on a V-record overall, but the vocals and mainly the production leaves much to be desired
3. Cosmic Genesis - The absolutley best vocal performance ever from Mr. V - though the songwriting standard isn't as high as on previous albums
4. Solens Rötter - Great production (especially on the drums) and some overall good songwriting
Tied - The Focusing Blur and Visions From The Spiral Generator - TFB has more songs and works better overall but the prog-elements gets too much for me at some points. VFTSG has some really strong songs but also some that aren't very exciting at all

Phew, this wasn't very easy and my list could probably change any day... :p

Edit: I most certainly agree with lefay82 on "Cosmic Genesis" - this would also be my choice for anyone who still is a Vintersorg-virgin :D

:lol: you see I do know my share of insults in Italian! (Besides my girl, I also have a book about that :p).

Cosmic Genesis is 1st and Focusing Blur is second right now.

I wonder for which album would Mr.V vote….

you have really no idea of how many and how artistical they can be :lol:

i wonder instead what andreas thinks about the fact that the greatest part of us prefers a such "old" album. i called it old because 3 album were released after that. i mean, what can this fact represent for an artist? a sort of disappointment? the starting point for a reflection? we absolutely love the other albums, but this album has something more, something that has left a indelible mark in our hearts.