Looking for ORIGINALITY

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
Lately, I have been listening to a lot of Maudlin of the Well, whom I recognize as one of the most original bands I have come across in a LONG time. When I encounter these types of bands who are, in a way, ahead of their time, so to speak, I rejoice to the thought that their is actually bands out there trying something different. Other mentions would be Arcturus, Farmakon, Ulver, My Dying Bride, Vehemence, Radiohead, Green Carnation (Light of Day, Day of Darkness), Today is The Day, Isis, Neurosis, etc...

Any other refreshing comments????

Bethlehem is one of those bands that sticks out to me as original. They're fucking weird but cool nonetheless.

It took me a few listens to get into Bath/Leaving Your Body Map from motW. I reviewed them for an ezine and wanted to make sure I gave them a fair shake. The more time I spent with both of them, the more I liked them.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I saw a band recently called Noctiferia.

Slovenian or Slovakian I think.

They are strange, the music is like a mix of Opeth and My Dying Bride.

Hard to describe, it sounds like things that other bands have done before but not all together, takes a bit from here and a bit from there and throws it together to make something new, kind of like Black-Doom as opposed to MDB's Death-Doom

Check out the song "Fond Of Lies" for a taste.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
I like this band called The Kovenant, the singer is from Dimmu Borgir and they have some really original stuff. they play kind of black/industrial metal which sounds really kool.