Looking for very similar artists of Children of Bodom

I think I really understand what you're speaking about... when I got into CoB it was like no other band was that great and awesome, as I was looking for other bands 'like' Bodom. I kinda never found, everytime it was cool, but no more.
With time I started listen to mostly black metal. So I was looking for something else.. and ended up with bands like Behemoth, Nile, Anorexia Nervosa or (some) Dimmu Borgir, and much more. But I actually never found something 'as great as bodom' in the same style. You want some more Laiho awesomeness? Listen to Sinergy, especially Suicide By My Side ; but you'll have to get through/used to the voice, which first disgusted me. What gave me the same feelings of awesomeness were stuff like Opeth (still one of my fav bands), Norther ...

But you may keep in mind you won't find anything else like bodom.

Xeik said:
You just HAD to post that in a decent thread (those are rare, these days) and diss a person that hasn't done anything to you? You think you can gain respect for doing that?

Seriously, that just low and not fun at all.

You just HAD to post that and diss a person who doesn't care if you scold him. You think you can teach him a lesson for doing that?

Seriously, its just funny to me.

_FollowTheReaper_ said:
I think I really understand what you're speaking about... when I got into CoB it was like no other band was that great and awesome, as I was looking for other bands 'like' Bodom. I kinda never found, everytime it was cool, but no more.
With time I started listen to mostly black metal. So I was looking for something else.. and ended up with bands like Behemoth, Nile, Anorexia Nervosa or (some) Dimmu Borgir, and much more. But I actually never found something 'as great as bodom' in the same style. You want some more Laiho awesomeness? Listen to Sinergy, especially Suicide By My Side ; but you'll have to get through/used to the voice, which first disgusted me. What gave me the same feelings of awesomeness were stuff like Opeth (still one of my fav bands), Norther ...

But you may keep in mind you won't find anything else like bodom.
black metal is gay and emo

Xeik said:
You just HAD to post that in a decent thread (those are rare, these days) and diss a person that hasn't done anything to you? You think you can gain respect for doing that?

Seriously, that just low and not fun at all.

Are you black? Maybe you look like this

tupac.jpg

Oh yeah for those of u who are wondering.....it's because of the ''dis'' part :)

Definitely,you should try Norther and(as you say ''with loads of ''piano''(it's called keboard as cliff burton said))Warmen.But also tou should try Wintersun and Arch Enemy,Sinergy maybe fits in your type,but I completely agree about the fact that femeale vocals are not the most suitable thig for this type of music(of course if they're not ultra-distortioned as the one of Arch Enemy).That's it,and maybe(don't know,it's only another idea)you culld try the older CD's of Pantera(power metal,metal magic..).

children of COB said:
Definitely,you should try Norther and(as you say ''with loads of ''piano''(it's called keboard as cliff burton said))Warmen.But also tou should try Wintersun and Arch Enemy,Sinergy maybe fits in your type,but I completely agree about the fact that femeale vocals are not the most suitable thig for this type of music(of course if they're not ultra-distortioned as the one of Arch Enemy).That's it,and maybe(don't know,it's only another idea)you culld try the older CD's of Pantera(power metal,metal magic..).

Great post,but you're confusing me with all those paranthesis :loco:
The female vocals in Arch Enemy (performed by Angela Gossow) are great ^^ I wish I could growl like her.

_FollowTheReaper_ said:
Wtf is that poor statement.. I didn't know Nile were 'emo' when Bodom was THE shit. Seriously, you make me laugh :lol:how immature is that.

Nile is death metal :Smug:

children of COB said:
pre-phil Pantera is gayer than buttsex :erk:

If you listen to sinergy and like the Female vocals, definatly go for Nightwish. Not as heavy and much more on the power metal side, but it is awesome.

CliffBurton said:
pre-phil Pantera is gayer than buttsex :erk:

If you listen to sinergy and like the Female vocals, definatly go for Nightwish. Not as heavy and much more on the power metal side, but it is awesome.
nothing is gayer than buttsex, but "pre-phil Pantera" is about at the same level...