Looking To Meet Progpower Attendees

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
This will be my second time attending Progpower after still not getting over the incredible Progpower 3! I met a lot of great people, met a lot of cool bands. I was wondering though if maybe some of us on the board could meet up at some time during the day or at the pre-show party.? I'm not sure where you all will be staying but I'm sure we could work out something. I enjoyed seeing the city last year and there are some great spots that I'd like to see again as well as other ones, and as they say the more the merrier. I will be at the Best Western Granada Suites the 4-7. Anyone interested? We have a lot of time to plan something really nice.

I'd love to meet up with everyone, that would be terrific! I don't know if I'll have time though - last year I arrived a full day early to meet up with someone, but then after that I barely had a moment to think! After the shows, I got a bite to eat but then I was so tired that I just took a shower and went straight to bed, woke up too early to get in line, and did it all over again. I think this year will be different since there are a few bands I can go without seeing, unlike last year.

~Sh0k~
...yeah that didn't help at all - haha! sorry!

Hey Shok,

That sounds about the same way I spent my time at Progpower last year too. I met so many cool people last year who I'm still in contact with but met them the last night so I want to meet as many fellow metalheads. I was opened up to so many different cultures (Brazilian, French, Japanese) people that it was almost overwhelming. I also want to use my great tourist experiences last year to hopefully provide the same for others. I generally stay at Best Western Granada Suites which although a little more expensive is close and so many bands stay there (breakfast with Angra last year). Where do you usually stay? BTW: That sub sandwich/ gyros place on Peachtree down the street from Earthlink rules!!

The_Q said:
BTW: That sub sandwich/ gyros place on Peachtree down the street from Earthlink rules!!

Don't forget, the restaurant inside EarthLink Live is actually open this year. That should be a great place to meet people without having to leave the venue or fight the crowds by the merch. vendors.

--Mike

I'd like to meet some people from this board, make some stronger friendships. My social skills are pretty nil, but get me some alcohol and PROBLEM SOLVED! Really though, you'll have to get it for me...damn legal drinking age.

Meeting people at the event is the easiest thing... just say "hello" to everyone walking round the hotels and the surrounding area of the venue and you'll meet A LOT of great people really quick! :)

I can't count how many attendies I struck up conversations with over the weekend and hung out with on the steps of the venue, the patio at the Granda, the Gyro shop, the quickie mart ect. ect.

Another great place to meet everyone is the pre-party, it's a little more relaxed atmosphere and you know everyone there is attending the festival... not to mention that some of the bands usualy hang out through the night there, which is a blast to talk to them and see some of them loosen up after a few drinks ;)

\m/
Dustin

This will be my 1st prog power show..and I can't wait!
I am goin' for SymX,(my fav. band) i don't know to many of those other bands only heard maybe a couple songs from some of them, so it will interesting to hear at least a few others there.
But mainly to see SymX!!:hotjump:

I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn. So hopefully I get the chance to meet some of you guys!:p

Symphony X puts on a heck of a show. They are worth a trip down there. I was only familier with a few of the bands myself but am finding the rest of the lineup to be amazing.

Mephistopheles said:
Symphony X puts on a heck of a show. They are worth a trip down there. I was only familier with a few of the bands myself but am finding the rest of the lineup to be amazing.

Luckly I had the chance to see 4 of there shows and I tell ya it seems they get even better everytime I see them..

Yeah, I am pretty excitted to check out a few of the other bands to, I do like VP!! So to see them live will be really interesting.:)

Hey, I'm slightly new to the whole progmetal scene (I skipped out on an ex, and shouldn't have) and I'm looking forward to Progpower. If any of you need help in Atlanta, just let me know, I live here and know the area pretty well. The Pre-party should be good, the club it's being held at has plenty of space to meet and greet. Look forward to meeting you all!

freakchylde said:
Hey, I'm slightly new to the whole progmetal scene (I skipped out on an ex, and shouldn't have) and I'm looking forward to Progpower. If any of you need help in Atlanta, just let me know, I live here and know the area pretty well. The Pre-party should be good, the club it's being held at has plenty of space to meet and greet. Look forward to meeting you all!

It's always cool to see more Atlantans pop up on this forum. :)

--Mike

What's up folks ? ^___^

I am new here at this message board, but I was at PP2.0 and barring death, incarceration or hospitalization I will be at PPIV. I post to a Vanden Plas message board and to a Queensryche NG, but I think I have time to post here too. This seems like the perfect size forum as it seems small enough to know most people but large enough to keep things interesting.
If I am welcome here, I will take on the task of corraling the participants as I am planning on wearing some clothes very unique to a metal concert on opening night in order to do the same for the Vanden Plas forum. I plan on wearing my Pittsburgh Steelers "86" Hines ward jersey to the show as well as black jeans and checkered lace-up "old-school" style Vans shoes. You can't miss me. I have long, quite curly brown hair and a very approachable face with a nice sized (read "big") nose and eyes and will likely be followed closely by a cute, full figured, long-haired Japanese girl (my wife, Harumi.)

P.S. One of the few things I have found disheartening is the fact that there don't seem to be many metal-head-football-fanatics, nor football-fanatic-metal-heads...... well I guess that is the same thing. >:p~ Metal music requires a team concept, aggression and incredible intricacies that is also required in football as well....... Enough of my ramblings. A home Steeler jersey (like I will be wearing) is black and has large white numbers on it. Mine will have 86 on the front and back. It will also have goldish-yellow and white stripes on the sleeves. That will be yours truly if you see me at PP4.0 so please tell me hello and inform me of what forum you are from and your forum moniker and we will have a blast together.

Bryant

Hey Bryant!
It's me, LuCinda, from the VandenPlas Forum...
As you know, I will also be attending PP4. I think you already know what I look like cause I posted my pic with Michael Pinella there. Unfortunately, I can't post it here cause it is too big.
For those of you who want to "meet up" at PP4, I kinda look like a red-headed Liza Minelli crossed with some Sharon Osbourne and I'll be accompanied by my friend, Greg, who has long brown hair and a goatee. Maybe between now and then, I'll figure out how to get that picture reduced and I'll post it.
LuCinda

Bryant said:
P.S. One of the few things I have found disheartening is the fact that there don't seem to be many metal-head-football-fanatics, nor football-fanatic-metal-heads...... well I guess that is the same thing. >:p~ Metal music requires a team concept, aggression and incredible intricacies that is also required in football as well....... Enough of my ramblings. A home Steeler jersey (like I will be wearing) is black and has large white numbers on it. Mine will have 86 on the front and back. It will also have goldish-yellow and white stripes on the sleeves. That will be yours truly if you see me at PP4.0 so please tell me hello and inform me of what forum you are from and your forum moniker and we will have a blast together.

Bryant

Hey Bryant!
Our Drummer is a HUGE football fanatic! Athough you didn't hear this from me, but we often have to schedual rehersals around games, depending on who's playing... especially if it's the Dolphins! He'll be attending this years festival, so you two will defaintly have a lot in common on the subject of Football and progressive music.

\m/
Dustin

NO: Tomas Bodin - Pinup Guru

Greetings All,

Apologies all around for my long term absence. I am very happy to see such positive responses since starting this thread and hope to meet all of you in September. To answer a few posts I have to first address Lucinda (ladies first), I have a favor to ask Lucinda whom it seems is very knowledgable in all that is Vandenplas, (as well as Bryant whose opinion is also most welcome), I had bought "The God Thing" years back and totally loved it, any recommendations for other purchases of their catalog? And Bryant, sounds like the football thing is something you love, metal is all about doing what you feel no matter what the popular opinion is, I myself am on the other side of the spectrum. I am a die hard Baseball fan (Go Chicago White Sox!!) and may be bringing a jersey with me as well (should go over great at a Braves game!). Its my hope that from this time until September we all can come up with some ideas of what we can possibly do on our "down" time from the show. Are you all staying close to Earthlink? Are there things in the city you would like to see while you're there? I hear public transportation is really good there like Chicago so getting around should not be hard. Take Care.

- The Q

Hey The Q,
Well, I must say that I like everything that has to do with Vandenplas. I have all of their cd's except for the newest one which hopefully , I will have the funds to purchase soon. I can't say I can recommend any one cd over another cause I love all of them. I guarantee you will not be disappointed in any one you choose to purchase. Accult is an acoustical version of some very good songs and I like to listen to it as a change of pace, especially because I find it easy to sing along with. Hope my input helps.
LuCinda

I like "Beyond Daulight" their latest, the best but it's only by a small margin. "Far Off Grace" is probably their heaviest release and I don't think you could go wrong with either of those releases. It's prettty safe to say if you like their sound, you would like all of their studio releases, as they all have a bunch of quality songs on them.

Bryant