Looking To Meet Progpower Attendees

Hello All,

Thanks to everyone again for making this post a great utility for bonding before the fest! I can't tell you how nice it feels to be able to look forward to meet you guys in Atlanta. BTW Lucinda, your pic looks really familiar, were you at Progpower 3 by chance? Also if any of you have not heard the band Pagans Mind who is one of the bands performing this year I highly recommend them. A nice blend of Dream Theater, Queensryche, and Helloween. Also has anyone gotten into the Japanese power metal band Concerto Moon and Galloglass from Sweden? Take it easy.

-The_Q

P.S. Any one looking forward to seeing Rage this year?

The_Q said:
Hello All,

Thanks to everyone again for making this post a great utility for bonding before the fest!

Yep I can't wait. I turn into a social junkie when I am in my element like a metal show.

P.S. Any one looking forward to seeing Rage this year?

The only song I have is "Down" and I didn't care for the vocals at first, but I am digging it now. I will look into more of their stuff as well.

Bryant

Q,
Unfortunately, I was not at PP3. This year will be my first. I too am so looking forward to meeting everyone there almost if not as much as seeing the groups perform. Special Bonds are formed in these groups and I am thankful for modern technology. Although, I admit frequently that I am not computer literate. I am grateful to Bryant for posting the pic for me and I am very fortunate to have hooked up with a great group of people.As for looking familiar....Many people say I look like Liza Minelli and one of my nick names is "Cats' Eyes Minelli" given to me by a dear friend from the Kamelot RoundTable Forum. Many of them will be attending as well.My son's friends say I look and act like Sharon Osbourne. I didn't even know who she was until they told me about the TV show last year. I must admit, we are alot alike. My name is LuCinda and some people call me "Lucy" for short (and frequently tell me I have some "Splaining to do"). Although my close friends call me "Cindy", which I prefer. I listen to Pagan's Mind and listen to songs from all of the groups except for Circle II Circle because (as far as I know) their cd is not released yet.I listen to "ProggedRadio" (mostly), "Symphony of Steel" (second), and "VonGoober" (occasionally cause it is a little "hard" for me) and PR plays music from all of the attending groups.The Metal Gods Tour is going to be near me next week but I will not be able to attend as my friend is going to "Bike Week" at Myrtle Beach. We did buy tickets this past weekend, though, to see Dream Theater, Queensryche and Fates Warning on July 12th in Wilmington, DE. I hope they don't cancel as I have heard they have elsewhere already.
OOPS! I've filled up too much Space! Blessings, LuCinda

Thanks to Lucinda for reminding me about the upcoming Dream Theater/ Queensryche/ Fates Warning tour. Have they played Chicago yet? I can't find tickets anywhere so I assume the tour has yet to start. I will be getting my ticket tomarrow for the upcoming Anthrax/ Motorhead show here in Chicago at The House Of Blues on May 17th. I also heard that this summer Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead will be touring as well. Sounds like a great summer already! Thanks again Lucinda.

- The_Q (BTW My real name is Sean)

The_Q said:
Thanks to Lucinda for reminding me about the upcoming Dream Theater/ Queensryche/ Fates Warning tour. Have they played Chicago yet? I can't find tickets anywhere so I assume the tour has yet to start. I will be getting my ticket tomarrow for the upcoming Anthrax/ Motorhead show here in Chicago at The House Of Blues on May 17th. I also heard that this summer Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead will be touring as well. Sounds like a great summer already! Thanks again Lucinda.

- The_Q (BTW My real name is Sean)

Your welcomed, Sean! DT/QR/FW is playing:Sat 7/19/03 - Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom so looks like you have time to find those tickets. Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead is gonna be in NJ (3 hours away) on July 22. We're gonna try to make that one. I see Dokken is on tour in the US but no where near us.....
You're right it is gonna be a great summer, I just hope I'm gonna have enough time and money to see everything I wanna see.
LuCinda-you can call me Cindy

Bryant said:
I will link it from the VP meassage board......
post-6-26145-Lucinda___Mike_Pinella1.jpg
[/QUOTE

Hey great pic. Lucinda!!!!

nice to meet you all here! Can't wait to catch up w/ya all at p.p.4
I'm not really a sports fan but at least we all have the music in common to b.s about..lol..

I will be going too. Driving from Texas and bringing someone from Abuquerque too! We hope to meet everyone as well. I would like to suggest a place on the site for everyone to post their accomodations so that something can be organized either pre-pre party or post show or whatever. Maybe forum nametags? Or is that too corny?

ThXinc said:
I will be going too. Driving from Texas and bringing someone from Abuquerque too! We hope to meet everyone as well. I would like to suggest a place on the site for everyone to post their accomodations so that something can be organized either pre-pre party or post show or whatever. Maybe forum nametags? Or is that too corny?

Some people had PM board ones at PP 2, and I not only wore my Opium Den (Marillion mailing list) one at the Marillion convention, I met a whole ton of people I might not have otherwise and had an absolute blast. We also put together a pictures page. A couple of fellas put together some really kick-ass vinyl badges, so that may be a little much, but if someone wants to come up with some ideas... Nothing's too corny for a Kiss fan. ;)

Shaye

I am also a PP newb (virgin) or whatever you want to call it! :) I am also looking forward to meeting many of you as I have in the last few months with the on-line community. I just recently started to DJ at SeismicRadio (feel free to come and check out my show and chat a bit tuesday nights 8:30 pst...yeah I know its late but i have to put my kids to bed) and have met a lot of great people!

I think that putting on these type of events really bring the metal community together...if you think about it folks, we are like a minority amongst a crowd of evil pop music wannabes! ;)

Keep the faith and if you see me around PP, stop by and say hi...(just look for the dorky short hair dude probably wearing an Opeth or Marillion shirt)...if I like you, I might just buy you a beer or two or three... :)

Cheers! Antonio \m/ \m/

lady_space said:
Some people had PM board ones at PP 2, and I not only wore my Opium Den (Marillion mailing list) one at the Marillion convention, I met a whole ton of people I might not have otherwise and had an absolute blast. We also put together a pictures page. A couple of fellas put together some really kick-ass vinyl badges, so that may be a little much, but if someone wants to come up with some ideas... Nothing's too corny for a Kiss fan. ;)

Shaye

Ha ha ha, I would be a walking name-tag. I would have to get a UM badge, PM badge, RMAQ badge and a VPMB badge. Although it's maybe a wee-bit off-topic here, I can't belive how many people from RMAQ it looks like might go. This is going to be the best PP yet !! Of course, if VP cancels this time, I am flying to Germany and personally kicking their ass !!!

Bryant

That would be cool if there was some kind of Identifying mark for people on the boards...............
What in the world could we do to make us stand out...........................?

Mephistopheles said:
That would be cool if there was some kind of Identifying mark for people on the boards...............
What in the world could we do to make us stand out...........................?

Since we are all going to be spending a butt-load of money anyway, a few more dollars probably won't hurt. Everyone could get an UM t-shirt and wear it to the first night show.

Bryant

Hello again,

Lucinda brought up something in an early post that I cannot ignore any further. I absolutely cannot get enough of Kamelots new album "Epica". I thought "Karma" and "The Fourth Legacy" were great but "Epica" is just fantastic. Anypne feel the same? I also just got the new Helloween and have to say it will remain in steady rotation in my cd player for quite some time. Along with Nightwish, Rage, Symphony X, Anthrax, Armored Saint (3 CD Reissue of Symbol Of Salvation), and the new stellar Sonata Artica. Any comments on these? Oh, and the new 2CD live Edguy out June 2nd..........drool!

- The_Q

The_Q said:
... I absolutely cannot get enough of Kamelots new album "Epica". I thought "Karma" and "The Fourth Legacy" were great but "Epica" is just fantastic. Anypne feel the same? ...

I really enjoyed "Fourth Legacy" and "Karma," and, while I do like "Epica," I must admit that it suffers a bit because I got a bunch of other "must play" albums at the same time (namely Evergrey's "Recreation Day" and Masterplan). So, while I like the album a lot, I probably haven't listened to it as much as I should. :) Oh, you may be interested to know that Kamelot is supposedly planning a US tour later this summer, though no dates have been mentioned yet.

--Mike

Sean,
I am glad you are enjoying the new "Epica" cd. I like it as well however not as well as I did "Karma". I'm getting kinda tired of the fast double-bass drum stuff but I do like the story line to the album. And because you know what I am, I love the whole medievel thingy. Last year, Kamelot was high on my scale but lately, they have been sliding. I think it happened when I heard that they did not want to co-headline with Evergrey in Europe. I felt that they (Kamelot) were being arrogant because I personally think Everygrey is just as good if not better. I'm probably gonna get a thrashing for admitting this, especially if anyone of the Knights of the Roundtable are members of this forum as well as myself.
Have you heard of a group called Last Tribe? I like them alot and they frequently are on Progged Radio. I remember somone mentioning Enchant in another e-mail and I listen to them alot as well.

Bryant,
You are right about the walking name tag. I would have to buy a plain t-shirt and cut and paste tags on it! But we should have some way of identifying each other.

Cindy

LuCinda,

I had no idea about that Evergrey/kamelot thing... I'd have to say I probably like Kamelot marginally better, but I do think the two bands are pretty close to equal in terms of quality. As for Epica, it's below T4L and Karma for me, but I still like it quite a bit.

As for Last Tribe, I have one dics of theirs a friend recorded for me--Witchdance, I think--and at first, i didn't really care for it. I put it on a while later, and it really grabbed me. Good disc. I believe I remember hearing one of the tracks between bands at PP 3, if anyone cares to back me up on that.

And to kind of draw this back to the original topic (not that I'm ever on-topic :)) I'm sure I'll meet you at PP4; I'll probably be hanging out with Bryant & Harumi at least part of the time (however long they can stand me). :D