Looking To Meet Progpower Attendees

I look forward to meeting you at PP, Lady_Space!
Let me attach the interview with Tom S. Englund of Evergrey that was posted on Detritus:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/detritus/message/472

D: Great, we look forward to hearing it. There was a rumor of Evergrey
touring with Kamelot, but that it fell through, can you comment on
that?

TSE: What happened was...that...I don't really know. I don't know if
it was the management people from Kamelot or themselves 'cause we
decided on that we would do a co-headlining tour and all of a sudden
Kamelot didn't really want to have anything to do with that. Since we
are bigger than Kamelot in at least half of the countries we would
play in Europe we think that would be a most fair setup really and
Kamelot didn't want to do that so...

D: That's too bad cause that would have been a great package.

You can judge for yourself, maybe I am reading too much into it.
Cindy

YtseJammer said:
Kamelot tour the US? With who?! When? How did you hear?

For the life of me, I can't find where I heard that rumor. I do know that I heard it from different places, so it could be true. :) Hell, the boys live in Florida, they may as well tour around the States a bit. :)

Here's hoping. :)

--Mike

I love Kamelot but have to say that if they did not tour Europe with Evergrey because of "personal" or "management" reasons, I think that's pretty petty. Granted I don't know the whole story, but I hope it was something completely the opposite. I'd hate to think that a band I admire so much would pass up a chance to communicate with their fans because of ego. Please prove us wrong guys!!!

NP: Nightwish- Century Child

Wishmaster said:
For the life of me, I can't find where I heard that rumor. I do know that I heard it from different places, so it could be true. :) Hell, the boys live in Florida, they may as well tour around the States a bit. :)

Here's hoping. :)

--Mike

Here's hoping..Amen!

Mephistopheles said:
That would be cool if there was some kind of Identifying mark for people on the boards...............
What in the world could we do to make us stand out...........................?

I suggest the simplicity and somewhat dorky nametags (with Forum name). The sticky on kind. That way...anybody with a name tag would be a forum member. Once everyone meets you could always peel it off.

lady_space said:
well, I meant everyone agrees with me that it's great to see you here, after they get to know ya. :)

And since I, too, am always happy to mett more-or-less local folks who are into metal, I would suggest everyone in the ATL area hook up for the DT/QR/FW show if they hadn't cancelled it. :b I know I'll be at the Metal Gods show--Halford, Testament, and some other folks--at Earthlink in 2 weeks. If anyone wants to meet up before/during/after, drop me a line (blackdiamond@mindspring.com). Or if you can't stand me and wanna hook up with Mike (Wishmaster). He's going to be stuck with me at least part of the evening.

Shaye:tickled:

I will be going to the DT show on the 30th of June....and you kind of know me... :)
Linda

James said:
How will we know you? Will you be wearing one of those stick-on name tags, with "rotting flesh" printed on it?

LMAO, that would be hilarious!

Linda, I'm going to the Queensryche show that day, so maybe we'll cross paths. ;) I'd love to meet you!

And, Mike, you are officially on my shit list for not mentioning the cancellation of the cancellation to me! I thought I'd scooped you!

We should definitely arrange a get-together... We have Linda, james, me, Mike,... who else?

Shaye

We should definitely arrange a get-together... We have Linda, james, me, Mike,... who else?

Shaye

I might just pop my head in there. Who knows ? FW better get a big opening set though.

Bryant

We definitely should arrange a get together. Sean and I are working on something and it will be posted as a new thread soon.
Looking forward to a great time!
Cindy

James said:
How will we know you? Will you be wearing one of those stick-on name tags, with "rotting flesh" printed on it?

OH, funny guy huh, there is the smartass I know
you already know me... :)
I will probably be wearing some horror shirt or nevermore shirt..

Mmmmm... Nevermore... yummy... Only 4 more weeks!!! :D

Bryant, you'd better come! It's only a coupla hours. If you want/need to stay the night, you (and Harumi, too, obviously) are welcome to crash at my place. If you've never heard Ray live, it'd be worth the drive even for a couple of songs, tho I hope they get at least 45 minutes. Lokk at it this way--you won't have to sit through a set full of APSOG, like I did the only time I've seen them.

Shaye