Lord of the Rings DVD

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Well, bought it today (the 4-disc version - not bothering with the 5er) and it is awesome... and I've only watched the film, none of the extras! It is a huge improvement on an already near-perfect film, and certainly doesn't feel almost 3.5 hours long! Highly recommended... and if you're planning on buying it, get it at JB because it's only $60.

This has been a public service announcement.

cooooooooool .. i have the origonal 2cd set ...
must get the new one :D

seen the damn thing "and no joking" a good 60+ times ... lol

i new about the special edition pack , but yeah , wanna see the one without all the cut outs .... 30 min extra , but it will give you a totaly different feel to the whole thing .....

JB it is :D .. 5cd set :D ... thanks Spiff :D

Yep, I've got the 2 disc version too. It feels like a different movie with the extra footage!

Drac, the 5 disc set costs something like $170 - the 4 disc one costs $60 at JB, that's the one I got. :) I'm not forking out an extra $100 for a fancy box, a couple of bookends and a disc of a couple of National Geographic documentaries. :)

That's OK :) If I could afford it I probably would have bought that instead!

Also got Attack of the Clones on DVD, as well as a couple of Iced Earth CDs and the Brucie best of (finally).

:lol: hehehe ,.,,, Fair enough ...
no niether will i ... screw it , i'll keep it till i get rich one day ... lol

the 4 cd set should be more than enough for now , till next year lol .... the 2 towers will be much better :D

and no ... i'm not really intersted in the national geographics doc crap , they will do one , then repeat the shit in the rest , lkike in the tv special , fox special , hbo special ... etc lol ....

Cant wait to get the AOTC dvd oddly, noone does a dvd like Lucasfilm :headbang:

How much extra footage is in the LOTR movie Spiff? Can you watch the movie with the extras in it as well?

Did you get the remastered/remixed IE ones?

Spawn - approximately 30 minutes. What do you mean, 'Can you watch the movie with the extras in it as well'?

I got "Tribute To The Gods" and "Wolfman & Friends". I'm guessing they're not remastered or remixed. :)

Originally posted by Spiff
I'm not forking out an extra $100 for a fancy box,

he he.. Maiden. :mad:

What's so good about the 4 disc version? Just how many version of the same "making of" do you need? Or is there something else on them?

I meant the extras actually in the parts they would have been in the movie, so you can watch it as a whole! :D

Ahh Wolfman and friends :lol: A quite good album if I recall :D As is TTTG, Jon sounds like a 5 year old when he talks about Iron Maiden though, I thought thats was cool :lol: :)

Still not sure what you're on about... you mean the extra footage? Cos the main feature *is* the one with the extra footage - you have to buy the original DVD to watch the original version of the film now.

Ahh thats what I meant, coolies, I didnt buy the original version, so ill grab the special editiony one :)