Lord of the Rings

Originally posted by Greenwater_Pond
So you didn't like the movie bleeding? I don't know what to get out of that short review...what was so bad about it? I can't see how you wouldn't like the whole setting and scenary, that was some of the best cinematography EVER!

for the love of god I will murder you if you say they didn't wear shoes and they cried too much, cause that's what one of my friends said, and it's one of the worst arguments of why you don't like a movie....no shoes....god! :mad:
:D

You need to stop looking at your sig, and reread the original post in this thread. :)

The movie wasnt at all what they bragged it up to be. The scenery and shit was top notch LOM, I will agree. ANd I must agree with Gman, the elves looked like fuckin pussies.

ANd Elija(spell) he reeks of cock in his mouth. I hate frodo anyway, and sam. I love the book though, its one of my favs. I still read it to this day at least once a yr. I still have my copies from grade school from 1982. I orderd them from the TROLL books hahahah. ANyway, Eliga(spell) was the best thing about the movie, I hate frodo in the book, and I hate E in movies hahahah. Sam and frodo butt fucked each other, and i know it, as well as you should KNOW it. hahahaha

The whole problem i had with the film was the fact that they strayed from the book a bit too much for me. Since they bragged for a yr sayin that it was going to be right on with the book. WHat happened to TOM B? WHat happened to the BARROW DOWNS? SHIT i say. Im still watching teh other 2 when they come out, just cause im a huge fan of teh book.

The cartoon from the 70's is waaaay better IMO.

The cartoon from the 70's was the prequel The Hobbit (and yes, it was pretty good). The Ralph Bakshi version of The Lord Of The Rings came out in the 80's , and it was fuckin' horrible. It condensed The Fellowship Of The Ring and The Two Towers into a lame 2 and a half hour cartoon.
I think Peter Jackson has done an excellent job, so far (and I have no reason to doubt that the next two movies will be just as good). As for Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Downs, the movie is already three hours long (and the special edition is 3.5 hours long). People won't sit in a theater any longer than that, so some parts had to be dropped. I think Jackson picked the right parts. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to The Two Towers. Btw, since it is Halloween, do yourself a favor and watch Jackson's Dead Alive or The Frighteners. Both are great.

-Mark

I hated that fucking "cartoon". Ugh. The movie was decent, and the expanded edition they're releasing will have a bunch of stuff that was left out, maybe Tom B... at least the Barrow Downs, hopefully.

Nevermore...

I like dthe cartoons. thought they both came out in the 70's....thanks fo rthe clarification on that.

The movie still, was under par.

I liked "The Hobbit." I thought it was a good cartoon. I remember I saw it when I was about 4 or 5, so I guess that's why I like, the movies you see when you are around that age always stick with you. I remember I saw Child's Play and Nightmare on Elm Street when I was around that age, and laughed my ass off, and I still do that to this day.

I prefer The Omen over The Exorcist any day. But the first time I saw The Exorcist, I think I was 10, it kind of scared me and kind of made me laugh. Now, I don't really care for it.

same here on not digging the Ex as well.

I LOVE THE OMEN trilogy...oh yes, its great stuff. My idea of a real good horror movie. WIthout the blood and guts even. Just great. I even lik ethe IE song about it hahahaha. Its the best thing on the new one by the IE crew....in other words....JON. hahah

was fred a pedophile?
I just bought the collection of freddy movies, I can't remember though

anyway, Im dying to see the omen series

I like the part in excorcist when the girl masturbates w/ the cross, then says to her mom "LICK ME!" I think.

You've never seen the Omen trilogy? It's very good. Like ledmag said, there isn't much blood or gore but they are just great. The Omen is one of my favorite horror movies.
"Nothing better than a pedophile mass murderer."
(who kills people in their dreams.