Lord of the Rings Song

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
Wanted to see what you guys thought of a song a friend of mine and I recorded about 3 years ago if you have time to check it out.

Go to www.sltrocks.com click "sounds" and then "Lewis Smith's Lord of the Rings"

1. I know the recording sucks. It was done in about an hour with bare bones equipment.
2. I'm playing all the instruments so if you want to bash those address me.
3. A friend of mine Lewis Smith is singing (mostly joking) so if you want to bash that address him.
4. I have real thick skin.

Honestly I just thought some people on this board would get a kick out of it.

I'll post my band's version of the Devil Went Down To Georgia on that same site in couple of days (referenced in another thread).

Much better than I was expecting. Its pretty good. Hell its better than some songs I've heard from some 'popular' power metal groups. His singing is a little off at times (not holding notes), and yeah.. its generic sounding. But I think you did it that way on purpose. Nice guitar playing though. You in a band in Atlanta? You're one of the few guys from around here that I have heard playing that style.

Sorta kinda in a band. Would like to be MUCH more so, but I travel a lot with work now so it kind of puts a damper on it. The band I'm in works many different styles into our songs. I wouldn't call it a metal band though by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks for your comment though! It was a joke song. I appreciate you listening to it!

I like it.It could use some polishing,but seeing you did it as a joke it's pretty cool.I play myself and respect anyone who can be creative.Now do a Star Wars tune next.

Yeah, orcs and dwarves! Hey, if anyone's got some studio time they're looking to loan out, I'd gladly re-record it. Hell, maybe we could even get some guests vocalists!!! Ha ha...... (wakes up from dream).

Wanted to see what you guys thought of a song a friend of mine and I recorded about 3 years ago if you have time to check it out.

Go to www.sltrocks.com click "sounds" and then "Lewis Smith's Lord of the Rings"

1. I know the recording sucks. It was done in about an hour with bare bones equipment.
2. I'm playing all the instruments so if you want to bash those address me.
3. A friend of mine Lewis Smith is singing (mostly joking) so if you want to bash that address him.
4. I have real thick skin.

Honestly I just thought some people on this board would get a kick out of it.

I'll post my band's version of the Devil Went Down To Georgia on that same site in couple of days (referenced in another thread).

So how did you record the drums? real drums, or drum machine?