Lost in a Day

I agree with what Larry has said regarding the whole "ND sounds like Opeth" theory.
You can hear many of the same influences,but there are still many differences.
I love OPETH too, but for some reason, they are no longer an "everyday" band for me, if that makes sense. I need to be in the mood.
On the contrary, I feel ND's songs are more accessible from an everyday listening point of view (Hope that makes sense)

I know Paul and Larry have posted before that with TPHD, they were approaching song writing with the live setting in mind. I think that is why their more recent releases are more accessible sounding than their earlier work.

On the contrary, I feel that Opeth does NOT keep the live setting in mind when recording. This is neither good nor bad, but I feel that it does make their live show a bit lackluster at times. I do like and appreciate Opeth on disc, but after seeing them a couple times already, I am in no hurry to do so again.

So, that is my take on the whole "ND VS Opeth" topic.

Oh, and if you aren't familiar with VOIVOD, change that!
My favorite is Dimension Hattross.
I always thought of VOIVOD as the metal Pink Floyd.

I love Opeth also. The only reason that Im losing touch with the music is because I've heard every song at least ten times. Except for MAYH.

Now I hope this doesnt happen with ND. :lol:

Which super hero is the best on your avatar dude?

My avatar is taken from the back side of a 1979 Worlds Greatest Superheroes package from Mego Corp. These were the toys that Paul and I grew up playing with, and many of them are worth alot of money now. We both collect them now, actually. Some say it's geeky, I don't care. It's a harmless hobby that brings back fond memories.

As for a favorite hero from that particular bunch pictured there, I'd probably go with Iron Man.

BalanceofPower said:
And you call me lame?

Coming from the guy who wanted to buy the plastic Robocop halloween suit? Yeah. LOL

robokid.gif

Oh Vito, dude, I love ya but you know damn well that when it comes to this shit, you're so much more lame than Paul and I hahahaha

If they came out with Carnosaur action figures, you'd have every one of them LOL

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Oh Vito, dude, I love ya but you know damn well that when it comes to this shit, you're so much more lame than Paul and I hahahaha

If they came out with Carnosaur action figures, you'd have every one of them LOL

Oh god Carnosaur is so terrible, as is 2...haven't seen 3 yet. The first is an unpleasant depressing trashy gorefest (but does have clint howard!) and the second is a horrendous ripoff of aliens featuring many exact scenes (such as...the part where the helicopter driver is coming to pick them up and then gets owned from behind by a dinosaur and then the helicopter crashes so the people are stuck in the base). MISERABLE! I've heard good things about 3 though.

I also saw this movie called 'raptor' once which was some new framework filmed with some lame actors and then ALL the special effects are stock footage from the 3 carnosaur movies, so you get the interesting problems of it switching between night and day, soldiers switching between black and white uniforms (cause they were different colors in 2 and 3 I guess), actors showing up randomly in special effects scenes that aren't in the movie otherwise, etc. Makes the first two carnosaurs look like the godfather 1 and 2 basically. ;D

wankerness said:
Oh god Carnosaur is so terrible, as is 2...haven't seen 3 yet. The first is an unpleasant depressing trashy gorefest (but does have clint howard!) and the second is a horrendous ripoff of aliens featuring many exact scenes (such as...the part where the helicopter driver is coming to pick them up and then gets owned from behind by a dinosaur and then the helicopter crashes so the people are stuck in the base). MISERABLE! I've heard good things about 3 though.

I also saw this movie called 'raptor' once which was some new framework filmed with some lame actors and then ALL the special effects are stock footage from the 3 carnosaur movies, so you get the interesting problems of it switching between night and day, soldiers switching between black and white uniforms (cause they were different colors in 2 and 3 I guess), actors showing up randomly in special effects scenes that aren't in the movie otherwise, etc. Makes the first two carnosaurs look like the godfather 1 and 2 basically. ;D

Part 3 is my favorite in the series. It has Scott Valentine, and also the same actor that played Monk in the 2nd movie. He gets killed in that movie, but in part 3 he comes back as a different character named Polchek. Good shit man. Raptor(carnasaur 4) was pretty bad haha. Entertaining though.

If they did make that costume in a size 6'6, I would buy it and actually wear it on halloween. Also another thing about my Robocop obsession, I wanted to take out a bank loan of $3000 to buy an authentic Robocop movie prop costume. I wanted to wear it on halloween, and go to some industrial/rave clubs and do the robot dance in the middle of the dance floor. Now is that lame, or just fucking bad ass! :kickass:

BalanceofPower said:
If they did make that costume in a size 6'6, I would buy it and actually wear it on halloween. Also another thing about my Robocop obsession, I wanted to take out a bank loan of $3000 to buy an authentic Robocop movie prop costume. I wanted to wear it on halloween, and go to some industrial/rave clubs and do the robot dance in the middle of the dance floor. Now is that lame, or just fucking bad ass! :kickass:

Thats bad ass. Now lame would be something like that scene in the movie Eurotrip.

but 3000 for the costume is even more bad ass:err:
Damn, Just spamming up the thread.

Ok uh, topic topic topic...