Lou Reed & Metallica: The View (90-second Preview)

The last time Metallica released something I hijacked the thread by turning into photoshopped pictures of 'Metalliban'.
I'm tempted to do something similar again, purely to dilute the exposed artistic content within this thread - which currently resides at 100%-steaming-pile-of-faeces.

It sounds like the the Death Magnetic sessions if the audio engineer accidentally recorded himself reciting himself his 13 year old son's poetry, rather than James vocal take.
Fuck you Metallica. I can forgive you for ruining the best studio album you'd released since ReLoad by trying to make it the loudest thing ever... but this... what the fuck.

The only conceivable conclusion I can think of is that they are trying to release something that makes people say in ten years time, "In hindsight, St Anger wasn't that bad".

No emoticon expresses the disgust I feel.

I love the fact how everyone considers this to be an Metallica album. It's some retarded collaboration, gone wrong. Simple as that. Left-over-material. Feeding Lou Reed. No shit it took them like 3 weeks to compile and record.

Stop the fucking drama.

FirstStrikeIsDeadly said:
I love the fact how everyone considers this to be an Metallica album. It's some retarded collaboration, gone wrong. Simple as that. Left-over-material. Feeding Lou Reed. No shit it took them like 3 weeks to compile and record.

Stop the fucking drama.

It doesn't make it suck any less. And it's still Metallica playing on it and endorsing it. And I don't know your definition of drama, but we're all just saying it's horseshit and agreeing. Saying " it was done in 3 weeks" is really no excuse, if you release shit no excuse will save it from criticism.

I think this record is their way of saying they don't care what anybody thinks. Like, saying it for 87 minutes.

I think this record is their way of saying they don't care what anybody thinks. Like, saying it for 87 minutes.

+1

and they already have enough money for the rest of their life, they don't really need to care about "their fans", i guess they do this for fun. :D

No emoticon expresses the disgust I feel.

Agreed. Not just because of this album, but becuase it's the third turn in a row from them.

The Loads may not have been to everyones taste, but they were not as embarrasing as their post 2000 "efforts".

Lars hits the kick drum 3 times every minute....and he is out of time every hit. It's incredible

The drumming here reminded me of that "drum groove" Lars played at one point in the Some kind of monster doco and everyone's reaction was "wtf are you doing Lars?" and they dropped it.
Sounds like Lars got the last laugh here.

Honestly, some bands release shit albums but still remain decent musicians who can bring it live.
After the last time that I saw Metallica live I have no hope left for them. They sounded like amatures then, looked even more so on stage, and now they proove they have nothing left to offer fans of music not just Metal.