Love of Live (part två)

hehe ;) it's not only a British thing, i think in some other countries people also make fun of, or even dislike, French. Here in NL f.ex. people say "France is a beautiful country, it's a shame that the French live there" :p

Haha yeah I know most other countries of Central Europa don't like the French either, but with the Brits it's a special case because of the wars.
That's pretty similar to what I say: "The problem with Paris is that it's full of French" haha. Although Oscar Wilde did feel free to go to Paris and be as homosexual as he wanted, and died there. That's something I really respect.

Just saw a triple-fantastic show yesterday. It was the traditional Danish release-day for the Christmas brew, and of course Metallica Jam was on spot creating a great party. Same night, same venue; Orphaned Land and Amorphis!
I don't know if any of you follow the site I write for or not, but if you do, you can be sure to expect some very positive reviews... :)

Saw Mägo de Oz for the third time yesterday hehe. But I went as a reporter (for the 2nd time) so I had back-stage access and all. Despite Mägo being an incredible pop band around here (Allfader knows about this), they give some of the best live gigs I've ever seen. Seriously, the guys (and gal) have SO much energy one feels "over-whelmed" by them. I was crying when they played "Astaroth", oh what a wonderful song. It's a pity that they played a lot of the new stuff, since most of Gaia III is rubbish. But the oldies, oh the oldies were amazing, inspiring. And I took photos with all of the guys! :) (Will post them later.)

Aaaaaaaaaaand the greatest way to round up the year.....

Friday 17 December 2010
Eindhoven Metal Meeting 2010 at Effenaar
Moonspell, Mayhem, Pestilence, Saint Vitus, The Vision Bleak, Helstar, Repugnant, Endstille, Alcest, Mael Mordha, Varg, The 11th Hour, Victimizer

Saturday 18 December 2010
Eindhoven Metal Meeting 2010 at Effenaar
Immortal, Kreator, Finntroll, Exodus, Death Angel, Samael, Rotting Christ, Severe Torture, Trident, Inhume, Carach Angren, Gorath, Suicidal Angels, Izegrim, Chiraw, Scenario II, Metsatöll, Nothnegal

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa can't waaaaaaaaaait :headbang::hotjump:
just for the record: i didn't go. It was sold out at least a month ago and i didn't buy the tickets in time... I could still get them on the black market but i figured it wasn't worth the money. Besides, it was very crowded last year, and promised to be twice as busy this year, and that venue really makes me claustrophobic... Oh well, the bands i was going for will probably come back some time next year anyway, so no worries. :)

just for the record: i didn't go. It was sold out at least a month ago and i didn't buy the tickets in time... I could still get them on the black market but i figured it wasn't worth the money. Besides, it was very crowded last year, and promised to be twice as busy this year, and that venue really makes me claustrophobic... Oh well, the bands i was going for will probably come back some time next year anyway, so no worries. :)

Pity, and yes I understand the "claustrophobic" part. There's, essentially, only one place here for gigs for bands like (e.g.) Moonspell, and it's awful. If you look at the tour videos of say, Epica (I didn't go, obviously), there's a part in which the band says "it's the fucking hottest gig we've ever played". They're not lying. It gets so hot at Pepper's (the name of the venue), that everyone's sweat evaporates, stays on the roof, then condensates and wheeeee, comes down as raindrops made of everyone. Talk about hygiene issues; I'm getting really pissed off about this.

^ bah that sounds nasty! :yuk:

nothing like that, obviously, with the Eindhoven venue (it's freezing outside too hehe), but it had such a small "bottleneck" hall, like 1.5 m wide, that you had to pass in order to get outside, and it was always stuck there that you had to wait at least for 5 min until you could pass on. Every time i stood there waiting i had uneasy thoughts like "what if...", "in case of calamity..." brrr :yuk: I guess it's ok when it's a 1-2 bands gig, but not with a huge festival like that.

Just came back from seeing Stratovarius & Helloween. I was really excited about Stratovarius and while they were solid, the set was just too fucking short so I didn't get to hear quite a few of my favorites.:/ Helloween KILLED though as always, song choice could've been a lot better but man they're great live.

Great live, but still I wished they'd spend a little less time fucking around with the crowd and just play another song or two or 5.:D Singing 'I want out' for 10 minutes and so forth was fun during the first time I saw them, not so much this time around.:S

Great live, but still I wished they'd spend a little less time fucking around with the crowd and just play another song or two or 5.:D Singing 'I want out' for 10 minutes and so forth was fun during the first time I saw them, not so much this time around.:S

Haha well I always like crowd interaction, it's what the majority of bands lack to be honest.

Just bought meself SOAD ticktes for Milano. I guess they're not in high course in here, but I'm really excited!

SOAD? Some kind of pork?

Just bought meself SOAD ticktes for Milano. I guess they're not in high course in here, but I'm really excited!

woah! soad was my first favorite metal band, i listen to them since 1999.
I really want a new cd, hope they come back definitely.
Good show! I know its gonna worth it.
btw, are you in vacation in Italia? sounds nice :)