Love or not

Well, there's one thing I hate about love, it's the fact that no one can live without it. ( Don't try to say you can ). So, when one cannot reach love, what can he do???

Nah I believe that true love exists... if not why should we be on Earth? Some think you can have a happy life when you have a successful career, money, power, but you will soon realize that your life is empty without love.

Weird... I never thought I would someday say something like this.

A few years back, I was in your exact position... and I still don't think I've fully recovered. I handled it really badly, I kinda did a halfway thing. I ended up telling her how i felt, but didn't really "persue her". per se. I guess I didn't have any confidence that she'd like me enough to actualIy be with me (I was a bit chubby :) ). I tried to stay friends, but that didn't work. When she was around other guys, it drove me completely insane. Eventually, I sort of shifted away from her, because being around her hurt so much. In retrospect, I was a complete retard. Today, I could have handled it much better and we prolly would have went out, at least for a while.

I say, if you do tell her, run ALL THE WAY!! Don't back down, and don't half-ass it, women like confidence. She might like you more than you realize. Also be patient, it might take her a while to warm up to the idea.

I've been relationship council to so many of my friends, it hurts. I have a bad personal relationship history, so I don't know what credibilty i have, but I've helped a lot of my friends stay together. A couple of my friends said I should be a marriage counciller, but I'd go insane.

And yes Wolftribe, there is a such thing as "in love" you've just never experienced it, and contrary to fairy tales, some people never do...

"If you don't know if your in love, your not and you never have been."

Larf03 said:
I hear you man... this kind of situation sucks! It's damn confusing and hard to live... It's just a matter of how important is your friendship to you... Don't ever choose ANYTHING over friendship... love comes and goes... friends come but once they're gone... they're gone
Very well said Larf, I like your perspectives on stuff.

Larf03 said:
I really know what you're going through... I felt this way about a girl once, she ended up going out with one of my best friends before I even found the guts to say something.... Since then, I've been the mediator in their couple...

What a great spot :gets depressed with you:
Wow...I'm in that same situation right now, well except the mediator part... I wasn't going to tell her how I felt though, cause I knew that *could destroy our friendship and I didn't want that to happen, but as it turns out, I don't even think we have a bond anymore. She was the closest thing to me, now it seems as though we are strangers, I tried to find a solution, but no matter what it all comes down to drifting away from them, but they are happy...I guess that's all that really matters now.

Jeff-Loomis-fan said:
aah man shit this is hard..:(... yesterday i whent out with this girl just as friends to the pool cafe ...and i was so jealous when she was flirting with other guys...hmm what else could i do then sit and do nothing.

so i began drinking beer and on about 4 o clock this morning i was completely drunk somewhere on the road on my bike crying...im such a fucking wuss

I HATE MYSELF!
damn...I know how you feel, but trust me you are not alone...and like Tee said, this is kinda a normal process, just some handle it better than others and some just can't bare...I wish I could make you feel better...but in the end it is up to you to pull yourself up and make yourself better...just try to occupy yourself, do what makes you happy...take a nice run to relieve some stress or summin...that always helps...listen to music...that helps me alot...check out the lyrics for dark tranquillity-projector and In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape...I'm sure this will help! Take it easy.

Something that worked for me is moving... I lived in a small town before and I had to move to continue my studies ( 3 hours by car ) and I only get back to my town every summer... this way I can forget about anything for 3 months.. that's why we have vacations right?

I don't think you should just bury your feelings...holy shit man, that's the WORST you can do! What are you people doing to this poor child?!?!?! What's the number one priority in a relationship? TRUST AND HONESTY! If you have no trust, no matter how attracted you are to her, you will never be happy, and vice-verca. Do you actually think that a woman may be so shallow as to just freak out and lose her mind because her guy-friend wants to be her boyfriend? Remember, women mature a lot faster than men and can handle complex situations better (usually). If she trusts you as a friend and you are always honest with her, then she knows that means she can trust you with ANYTHING. Don't go up to her and say, "OH MY GOD, I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! I'M MADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU AND I DON'T WANT TO JUST BE YOUR FRIEND ANYMORE!!!!!" Sometimes that works, but most of the time it doesn't. It puts them into shock. BE HONEST, THOUGH. Tell her:

"(Name here), you know, I have something I need to talk to you about. It's been bothering me for a while because I can't stop thinking about it. But what's been bothering me more is that I'm scared to death of losing you as one of my dearest friends; I'm afraid of that above all else. I'm always honest with you, you know that, but I'm scared, and I need your help to help me sort out my feelings....(deep breath)...ok, here it goes. I am developing feelings for you greater than just friendship. I want to be more than just a friend to you, but I'm afraid that you will never speak to me again because you will feel awkward around me. Please don't leave me; I want you to know your friendship is of utmost importance to me above all else. I just wanted you to know this and was wondering how you felt in return. If you don't feel the same, that's ok, REALLY, IT'S OK. I just need to get this out, to get it off of my chest. Now that I have, I feel better, and I hope you see that I'm not trying to put you in an awkward position, but I trust you enough with my feelings that I have to be honest. If you don't feel the same, THAT'S PERFECTLY OK! I just want to always be honest with you about everything, and if I can't be honest about my own feelings with you, then how can we be such good friends in the first place? I promise I'm not trying to make you uncomfortable or afraid or upset; that's the LAST THING I want to do. You just mean so much to me as my dearest friend, and I could not go on hiding this anymore. Whether or not you feel the same way, I just want you to know that I always want you in my life, no matter what way and that you mean the world to me just being there."

By doing this, you will be able to be honest with her, let her know how you feel, and at the same time allay any fears she may have or any uncomfort. But what's more important is that you have just sent your friendship to a whole new level of trust and commitment. She may feel awkward at first, I'm not saying she won't, but she will quickly, VERY QUICKLY get over it because she is a mature woman (hopefully). Guys don't give women the credit they deserve...they can handle a lot more than you think. In fact, the most fragile beings in a relationship are the males.

I hope this helps...