Low tuned song (Dropped G#) to mixing practice!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13494639/djentydjentdjent.mp3
Gave this a quick try, ears are super tired so I'll continue another day, kickass song btw.:headbang:

Great job man! Rhythm guitar sounds really similar to mine! Best mix so far :) One thing -> I don't hear any ride cymbals at 1:10 :)

Like the other mixes too, cheers!

Dude this sounds amazing. Downloading now. Can't wait to give this one a try.

Were there others you've posted? All I've seen thus far is "Passing" and this one. I'm interested in all of your work man, post some links if you've already posted other mix stems. lol. Thanks! Cheers!

Thanks man! I posted song "Source" to mixing practice too - http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...part-ii-metal-instrumental-song-practice.html
Cheers!

For my 3rd or 4th mix, I'm pretty proud of it!!!

Thank you Widek for your sublime songs :worship:

Feedback will be appreciated as I'm a complete noob at mixing/mastering :loco::oops::headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Distorted guitars just sound super odd, they sound distant like using a room impulse. Clean guitars could use some more wetness and panning, they're also distorting slightly. Guitars overall are very low as well, I guess the rest was premixed so to speak.

Widek, by the way, what did you use for drums? I ended up using the drum files you had included (not the midi). I really like the end results of how the snare sounds (at least to my ears). Was it Superior? Thanks!

Never used SSD but I've gotten an idea of what the "Slate sound" is like, and this has that. So yeah I'm guessing Slate.

Never used SSD but I've gotten an idea of what the "Slate sound" is like, and this has that. So yeah I'm guessing Slate.

Are you referring to his mix he did in his youtube clip, or my mix I posted above? If you're referring to my mix, I didn't just drop in his wavs into my daw and call it a day... I EQ'd a shit ton, and compressed the hell out of it. :lol:

I personally don't think his wavs sound like slate, but then again I only have Slate EX so I wasn't sure if it was from a kit I don't have and unfamiliar with.

Widek, by the way, what did you use for drums? I ended up using the drum files you had included (not the midi). I really like the end results of how the snare sounds (at least to my ears). Was it Superior? Thanks!

Hi man, yes - you're right - i used superior 2.0 metal foundry in this song (Andy Sneap Teutonic Preset - slightly modified)
Cheers!

@Widek: I completely missed this thread and the download link is down unfortunately. Could you please reupload it?