LTD AL 600 vs JACKSON RR24

charli

Oct 7, 2009
hey guys i was on youtube and i saw this vid , i was really surprised by the stuff it shows and it made me think of asking you guys what guitar do tou think is better the al 600 or rr24, i always thought esp was better but the comfort test you see in the vid fucked it up i really think comfort is one of the most important parameters to buy a guitar. i know many people in the forum own this guitars so what do you think??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egr5wWVgA50&feature=related[/ame]

Ergh! We had this discussion 1000 times before. This thread will end in an ESP/LTD/Edwards/Jackson war and everytime we come to the same result.

But to answer your question. LTD is better quality. But pro of RR24 is the Rhoads shape while the LTD has the longer wing

Uh well, I just watched the video... It is a contest between Jackson King V vs. ESP MKII and not RR24 vs. LTD-600 ^^

Ergh! We had this discussion 1000 times before. This thread will end in an ESP/LTD/Edwards/Jackson war and everytime we come to the same result.

But to answer your question. LTD is better quality. But pro of RR24 is the Rhoads shape while the LTD has the longer wing

Uh well, I just watched the video... It is a contest between Jackson King V vs. ESP MKII and not RR24 vs. LTD-600 ^^

sorry dude im obviously new to the forum
so is th shape that relevant ?
id say quality is more important.. do you know which one is more comfortable and light weighted?

My advice is:

Stop watching douchebags on YouTube playing two different guitars and telling you which they prefer. Go to a guitar shop and try them both. If the decision is that difficult, that is the ONLY way you should make the final choice. If you like one over the other without much thought, then get that.

My advice is:

Stop watching douchebags on YouTube playing two different guitars and telling you which they prefer. Go to a guitar shop and try them both. If the decision is that difficult, that is the ONLY way you should make the final choice. If you like one over the other without much thought, then get that.

yeah mitch i think ur right its just that sometimes it may be difficult or impossible to try both guitars at the guitar shop for example maybe you live in africa and you got a few days for vacation on the states and you have to buy online thats when your option is asking other dudes about their sincere opinions...
by the way do you know which guitar is less heavy?

sorry dude im obviously new to the forum
so is th shape that relevant ?
id say quality is more important.. do you know which one is more comfortable and light weighted?

It's not just the shape. There are a lot of differences between the model of Jackson King V used in that video and a RR24, and between the LTD AL 600 and MKII.

It's not just the shape. There are a lot of differences between the model of Jackson King V used in that video and a RR24, and between the LTD AL 600 and MKII.

i meant the shape diference beetween rr24 and al 600

yeah mitch i think ur right its just that sometimes it may be difficult or impossible to try both guitars at the guitar shop for example maybe you live in africa and you got a few days for vacation on the states and you have to buy online thats when your option is asking other dudes about their sincere opinions...
by the way do you know which guitar is less heavy?

Where do you live?

My advice is:

To be honest... I think this dude isn't a douchbag. I've spent the last hour for only watching his youtube videos and I think they are great! Go on his channel and check out his videos. He seems to be really professional.

He's comparing not only these 2 guitars, he also made videos about active & passiv pickups, good and bad metal guitars, different floyds, strings and so on...

And about the weight. Both guitars are made of the same wood so I think their is no big difference. I can't tell the weight of my ESP but I think it's not more than 3kg - comparing to my Warlock it's a lightweight

To be honest... I think this dude isn't a douchbag. I've spent the last hour for only watching his youtube videos and I think they are great! Go on his channel and check out his videos. He seems to be really professional.

He's comparing not only these 2 guitars, he also made videos about active & passiv pickups, good and bad metal guitars, different floyds, strings and so on...

And about the weight. Both guitars are made of the same wood so I think their is no big difference. I can't tell the weight of my ESP but I think it's not more than 3kg - comparing to my Warlock it's a lightweight

I didn't actually watch HIS videos, I was just saying in general. People on youtube aren't the best people to use to compare guitars in most cases, especially when it's £500-£1500 of your money you're going to be spending.

I'll check out his vids though!

good point guys. I would say the LTD because they are better quality and have the cutout. Pickups don't mean a lot when buying a guitar (in a way). For example, I am buying the LTD standard V (V-401 or something) and it comes with 81's. I want an 85 in the neck, but overall I want the shape of the guitar so I can just replace the 81 in the neck for an 85.

Mini question: I don't use the neck pickup a great deal so can anyone reccommend a pickup for the neck thats cheaper than an 85 but can get me through for thr 5% of the time I use the neck pickup?

back to the topic, just go for the shape and comfortability (aswell as visually appealing) guitar, and change the hardware if neccisarry

I have owned both guitars and both are good in different ways, and while you can compare them you shouldn't. The LTD has a much larger body and imo is a little more stylish looking, but I will admit that my RR24 feels a little easier to play. This is just my personal experience though.

I didn't actually watch HIS videos, I was just saying in general. People on youtube aren't the best people to use to compare guitars in most cases, especially when it's £500-£1500 of your money you're going to be spending.

I'll check out his vids though!

good point man.. by the way how much was your guitar including the mods you may have done to it?

good point guys. I would say the LTD because they are better quality and have the cutout. Pickups don't mean a lot when buying a guitar (in a way). For example, I am buying the LTD standard V (V-401 or something) and it comes with 81's. I want an 85 in the neck, but overall I want the shape of the guitar so I can just replace the 81 in the neck for an 85.

Mini question: I don't use the neck pickup a great deal so can anyone reccommend a pickup for the neck thats cheaper than an 85 but can get me through for thr 5% of the time I use the neck pickup?

back to the topic, just go for the shape and comfortability (aswell as visually appealing) guitar, and change the hardware if neccisarry

id say dimarzio tone zone

yeah i think the most important is comfort, also stuff you cant change like the inlays... i can buy an al 600 schyte and paint it as i like but keep the insane inlays...

I have owned both guitars and both are good in different ways, and while you can compare them you shouldn't. The LTD has a much larger body and imo is a little more stylish looking, but I will admit that my RR24 feels a little easier to play. This is just my personal experience though.

do you really think the ltd shape is more stylish than then rr?? does shape affect the comfort or the weight balance?

and yeah the guy in the vid says ltd frets are a little too big... havent tried them though...

does the cutaway make it any easier to play??

do you really think the ltd shape is more stylish than then rr?? does shape affect the comfort or the weight balance?

and yeah the guy in the vid says ltd frets are a little too big... havent tried them though...

does the cutaway make it any easier to play??

Yes the shape affects both. My Jackson tends to be a little heavy in the headstock, the LTD has a larger body. The Jackson is sexy of course, I just like the LTD body better.

I don't think the frets are too big, they're XJ frets, they're supposed to be that way. extra jumbo frets are meant to give you almost the same effect as a scalloped fretboard, thus a little more control over the frets. He's obviously just a puss if he can't handle them, because I loved the frets on mine. As a matter of fact I like it better than that on the jackson.

The Jackson ones are nice, but I haven't had my RR24 all that long and I've grinded my fretwire down pretty bad on the higher strings frets. I guess I must play too much or press too hard, idk.

The LTD never had that problem, and neither does my Dean.

I like the upper fret access better on my jackson than the cutaway on the LTD actually, but that's just because I played the jackson first and I'm now used to going up over that heel, and it feels alien to me with the cutaway.

My jackson with the 81 sounds great and so did the HZ in the LTD. I kind of prefer passive pickups over active, but I think the 81 sounds better than the HZ imo. If you get the LTD I would recommend changing the pickup to some seymour duncans or dimarzios, or maybe even some Ice Buckers.

Either way you'll be satisfied, both of these are great guitars with great playability and tone. The RR24M's are sounding fucking vicious too :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Yes the shape affects both. My Jackson tends to be a little heavy in the headstock, the LTD has a larger body. The Jackson is sexy of course, I just like the LTD body better.

I don't think the frets are too big, they're XJ frets, they're supposed to be that way. extra jumbo frets are meant to give you almost the same effect as a scalloped fretboard, thus a little more control over the frets. He's obviously just a puss if he can't handle them, because I loved the frets on mine. As a matter of fact I like it better than that on the jackson.

The Jackson ones are nice, but I haven't had my RR24 all that long and I've grinded my fretwire down pretty bad on the higher strings frets. I guess I must play too much or press too hard, idk.

The LTD never had that problem, and neither does my Dean.

I like the upper fret access better on my jackson than the cutaway on the LTD actually, but that's just because I played the jackson first and I'm now used to going up over that heel, and it feels alien to me with the cutaway.

My jackson with the 81 sounds great and so did the HZ in the LTD. I kind of prefer passive pickups over active, but I think the 81 sounds better than the HZ imo. If you get the LTD I would recommend changing the pickup to some seymour duncans or dimarzios, or maybe even some Ice Buckers.

Either way you'll be satisfied, both of these are great guitars with great playability and tone. The RR24M's are sounding fucking vicious too :kickass::kickass::kickass:

thank you for your opinion dude its been really helpfull mmm i think im getting the ltd schyte though ,,,, ill try hard to try them at the guitar shop before buying...
this decision shit is hard!!!! :):):puke: