LTD AL 600 vs JACKSON RR24

A plus that the Jackson has over the LTD, which I just found out about the other day, is the Jackson has a compound radius neck, while the LTD does not. At least, that's what it said in the latest Musician's Friend catalogue that I got. I don't know if a compound radius neck even makes that much of a difference, as I've never played on one. But it seems like it would help a ton with your playing.

A plus that the Jackson has over the LTD, which I just found out about the other day, is the Jackson has a compound radius neck, while the LTD does not. At least, that's what it said in the latest Musician's Friend catalogue that I got. I don't know if a compound radius neck even makes that much of a difference, as I've never played on one. But it seems like it would help a ton with your playing.

what is that?? can you show it ona pic?

Yeah, it does, and it does make a noticeable difference in playing. But whether or not you like it more or less depends on your own preferences. I found it quite nice.

what is that?? can you show it ona pic?

This.

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/Radius.aspx

I just learned what a compound neck even is like a few days ago, while looking into building a guitar. There's a good explanation of how it works here, if you're interested. Now I'm looking for something that'll help me shape a neck into a compound shape...

Anyway, it's definitely something to think about when comparing the two guitars. Also, I noticed that the newer AL-600's and the RR-24's both have ebony fingerboards nowadays, as opposed to rosewood. Would anyone care to compare and contrast the two as far as fingerboards go? I've never played a guitar with ebony, I don't think.

I'm pretty sure the RR24's and AL 600's have always had ebony. I haven't played a AL 600, but the fingerboard on the RR24 is really nice. And if my ESP SV is any indication of the LTD, that one is very nice too.

And as far as ebony goes, it's really hard and smooth, and similar to maple in terms of tone. Lots of clarity and attack. It's very dense, as opposed to rosewood, which can be pretty porous.

thanx guys for your opinion.. ive ended thinking both are same quality and good choice... i guess it comes to stetic and looks...ill wait and see if they come up with a new finish or color .. i guess ill buy the better looking one :)

I actually dislike compound radius. One of the reasons I returned the Jackson Soloist SL2H after I first got it. I prefer a consistent radius. If anything most ''metal'' guitars have too flat a fretboard for my taste. One day I'll get a custom :cool:

I actually dislike compound radius.
Me too but for me it was the reason to sell one of my Ibanez a few years ago.

I've also heard from a few people with an RR 24 that they have big problems with their neck (deterioration, warped) and with the FR.
The LTD is better. OFR, better processing, 5 different styles, you can choose between 3 different pickups - depents on where you buy it). Jackson is shit nowadays. Only good thing is the better looking shape.

Me too but for me it was the reason to sell one of my Ibanez a few years ago.

I've also heard from a few people with an RR 24 that they have big problems with their neck (deterioration, warped) and with the FR.
The LTD is better. OFR, better processing, 5 different styles, you can choose between 3 different pickups - depents on where you buy it). Jackson is shit nowadays. Only good thing is the better looking shape.

i kind of fell the same way even though ive never played the rr24 ....another reason for me to buy ltd...

Got an RR24 and I had the LTD in my hands for enough time aswell. The Jackson plays better, looks better and has outstanding quality even though some of you say it doesn't. I don't know why you suggest that the AL-600 is better?
My neck is fine, though mine comes from 2009 maybe that the 2007/8 models were tad bit different? I don't think so but it might be..

The FR is better and the quality of the fretboard. Plus mid-class Jacksons are shit.

The FR is the same but only where they are made has a difference. The production process and materials used are 100% the same.
The fretboard is of excellent quality, how did you come up with that one? :erk:

RR3 would be the mid-class Jackson and that isn't shit. The fact that you can afford a expensive ESP doesn't mean my guitar sucks, or for that matter a lot of the guitars.

JS30RR are quite bad (but ok for the price), RX10D suck for the price, RR3 is very good for the price aswell as the RR24. The RR1 is too expensive for what you get.

If the RR24 is better or the Alexi-600 isn't purely based on specs which are almost the same, it is 95% based on personal preference plus IMO the USA RR shape sucks in looks (but has excellent playability like the original RR does).

What you are doing feels to me like 'I have an ESP and anything else isn't quite as good'. I'm not saying you're behaving like this, I'm saying I feel like you do. This is not hatred to you because I like you as a guitarplayer and you're a pretty cool guy aswell but this whole rant of you that Jacksons suck just doesn't make ANY sence.

The FR is the same but only where they are made has a difference. The production process and materials used are 100% the same.
The fretboard is of excellent quality, how did you come up with that one? :erk:

RR3 would be the mid-class Jackson and that isn't shit. The fact that you can afford a expensive ESP doesn't mean my guitar sucks, or for that matter a lot of the guitars.

JS30RR are quite bad (but ok for the price), RX10D suck for the price, RR3 is very good for the price aswell as the RR24. The RR1 is too expensive for what you get.

If the RR24 is better or the Alexi-600 isn't purely based on specs which are almost the same, it is 95% based on personal preference plus IMO the USA RR shape sucks in looks (but has excellent playability like the original RR does).

What you are doing feels to me like 'I have an ESP and anything else isn't quite as good'. I'm not saying you're behaving like this, I'm saying I feel like you do. This is not hatred to you because I like you as a guitarplayer and you're a pretty cool guy aswell but this whole rant of you that Jacksons suck just doesn't make ANY sence.

Dude, I've said this because it is true. A lot of people here in this forum aren't really satisfied with their RR24 because of a) the Floyd and b) the Fretboard. Nobody has ever had a problem with the Alexi.

Your Jackson is new but wait a year or so and you will see what I mean. And that Jacksons nowadays are shit is nothing new... not all but a lot.

Search for RR24 on different forums and you will read the same. The RR24 isn't worth 1000k

what inlays are better?

You won't notice any difference, I think AL-600 is MOTO just like my RR but I'm not sure, I can't remember looking much at the inlays. Don't think it's MOP..

Dude, I've said this because it is true. A lot of people here in this forum aren't really satisfied with their RR24 because of a) the Floyd and b) the Fretboard. Nobody has ever had a problem with the Alexi.

Your Jackson is new but wait a year or so and you will see what I mean. And that Jacksons nowadays are shit is nothing new... not all but a lot.

Search for RR24 on different forums and you will read the same. The RR24 isn't worth 1000k

I'll keep you updated on my axe then.. ;)
Maybe your right, but I didn't have any problems with the floyd yet, stays in tune doesn't matter what I do with it (and trust me I do a lot of squeals and divebombs I can tell you that :rofl:). The fretboard is nice and dark, not much grain in it so looks fine to me.
What I do prefer is the SD pickup over my 81. Sounds better (but the HZ don't unless you boost them, again, my personal opinion).
Everything below the RR3 series is quite bad I have to agree with you, although I love Jacksons the JS30RR and RX10D aren't quite as good for their money as others in their category.. I don't know about the JS30RR build quality, never played one but I think it's harsh to sit down with the input on the lower wing.. I do know this guy who loves the input jack on his lower fin (Jackson CS) and he puts the input jack upside down? wtf?! :p

BTW I don't wanna be an asshole, but 1000k = a million afaik.. :p

Personally, I prefer the slightly more bulky look of ESP's take on the "Rhoads" body and the cutout for better fret access doesn't hurt either. One pup is tonally limiting so the only real choice is an SV IMO :)

Personally, I prefer the slightly more bulky look of ESP's take on the "Rhoads" body and the cutout for better fret access doesn't hurt either. One pup is tonally limiting so the only real choice is an SV IMO :)

Yeah well the SV is a whole other price-class you're talking about.. I don't quite like the look of the SV (sorry :p) but I do like the Edwards models (although I haven't played one of those yet) in both looks and specs.

I have absolutely not the slightest problem with reaching all frets so I don't need the cutout (but if you have small hands it will come in handy I guess). I don't need a neck-pickup, on my other guitar I never even used it (not even on rare occasion).

yeah id buy an sv if i had the money...
and one pup is not that limiting its just a matter of getting used to it..

rr3 is fucking bollocks, i hate that guitar.

I've said many times before i have the alexi and its a great axe blah blah blah, although honestly i like the look of the rr24 better. but i think the newest ltd models have gone down a bit in quality in the past couple of years