LTE Reunite

OMG, of course the motivation is money!! You can't really believe 'the love of music' is why most albums are produced, right? Unless the members are independently wealthy then the whole reason any band releases anything (video, album, merch.) is to make money. If they can't do it this way then they'd be doing something else. It's called reality - you have to earn a living to survive!

Just going back to what we were discussing before about whether it will be well attended or not, it looks like they've sold out a couple of shows now, they're doing 2 shows back to back in one night... :OMG: They're gonna be absolutely stuffed!

Just going back to what we were discussing before about whether it will be well attended or not, it looks like they've sold out a couple of shows now, they're doing 2 shows back to back in one night... :OMG: They're gonna be absolutely stuffed!

Portnoy bought out every seat in the house so that his ego would have somewhere to sit.

:p

The members of LTE are robots, they will have no problem playing 2 shows in a row. Petrucci might have to sacrifice an hour or two out of his sanctioned 6 hours per day of practice.

OMG, of course the motivation is money!! You can't really believe 'the love of music' is why most albums are produced, right? Unless the members are independently wealthy then the whole reason any band releases anything (video, album, merch.) is to make money. If they can't do it this way then they'd be doing something else. It's called reality - you have to earn a living to survive!

Color me happy to support the talented.

Agreed (to an extent) - I'm happy to support the bands I like too. Just not as vigorously as some. Other than the albums, and Portnoy's drum 'instruction' video I don't do merch. and I don't do live shows. I would do the live shows, I guess, except I'm well past the target demographic for most of the music I listen to and can't quite fit in with the crowds!

Thank you.

Portnoy: "Hey Petrucci, I've got an idea!"
Petrucci: "If you let me out of my cage I'll.."
Portnoy: "Shut up and listen! I know a way we can make more money!! Instead of having that girl singing in our music, we can play music without the singing stuff!"
Petrucci: "We're close enough to that already, I mean almost 80 percent of our songs are made up of seemlessly endless soloing sections"
Portnoy: "No, but this will be cooler, see we'll call it another name, almost as if it's another band but it's not"
Petrucci: "Let's at least get another member for it"
Portnoy: "Hmm.. you're right! I know, let's drop the asian in our band and get a new bass player. The reason being he's asian!"
Petrucci: "Yeah!! That asian! Alright let's do it!"
Portnoy: "Woo hoo!! More money!! Less asian!! More solos!! No bitch vocals!! Still making bad music but getting payed!! Woo!!!"
Petrucci: "I'll solo to that!! -switches pickup selector to God killing mode- Yeah!!"
Portnoy: -Plays a polyrhythm over a time signature of 144/69-

:lol:Hahahahahah! Pretty good. :lol:

Hopefully I'll be able to go to the one in Chicago, just not looking forward to driving for 5 hours, but its the closest their coming to where I live. :headbang:

Holy crap, why is everyone so bitter and nasty? Ohh, mike portnoy's ego. Ohh, John petrucci practices a lot. Boo-hoo. They're fantastic musicians, you have to practice to get that way. The first NY show sold out in a matter of a few days so there goes the notion that "nobody's interested in seeing them anymore" or whatever was said. Not to mention the fact that the 1130 PM show, on a MONDAY, which was just added...will likely sell out in the next couple days as well. I dont see any of you people playing sold out shows on Monday nights, or any night for that matter.

It's completely fine to say something like "oh, I dont like LTE, I probably wont be going to that". But going around insulting the individual band members makes ya look really dumb. I've met Mike Portnoy, he did an in-store at Daddys for no other reason than to meet his fans and hang out. He didnt do one of those things that a lota musicians do where its like "He'll only sign your copy of the latest album if you buy it in the store", but he signed everything that people brought him and talked to each person in like a 200+ person line. He personally spoke to me for a few minutes about the poster that i brought and why it was so cool (apparently only a few were printed cuz they later had it printed under a different title). Bottom line is, Mike cares about his fans. If you were an amazing musician, I wonder how you'd feel if people equated your wanting to make money with you having a huge ego? You people do realize that "musician" is a JOB, dont you?

LTE is gonna be freakin' amazing. All of you not going are missing out big time, and I can only hope that it's because you dont like the music and not because you're bitter =]. Jax had a completely normal comment about the show but a lota people seem to be quite bitter for some reason. Although...question for ya Jax, if someone offered you 100 dollars for a little lock of your hair, would you say no?

Also, +1 on LTE being > than anything Dream Theater has recently released. SFAM was amazing but after that I've been greatly underwhelmed with everything they've released.

As long as you aren't denying it. From this post on, I'm just going to let you get away with badmouthing me left and right. It's only going to make you look like a bigger asshole. Cheers.

I still stand by what i always say. People are whores. They will do shit for money. That doesn't make someone better or worse, it just makes us all whores. Hell, if i was making a ton of money in a pop band as a side project to skelator that still let me do skelator, i'd do it. Or even if not, if i was making bank off of something with full knowledge that it'd afford me the luxury of doing something i really wanted to later in life, i wouldn't think twice.

That said, i'd expect people to badmouth me for doing so, and thus i see nothing wrong with people here badmouthing portnoy. Seriously, to the customaxes dude, do you think this guy cares what people on a symphony x forum say? I highly doubt it. He seems like a chill dude, so whatever. People will say what they say. And about them as musicians, i've never heard anything by this group that i've enjoyed. Musicianship alone means absolute dick. They can't write a song that interests me to save their lives, so fuck 'em. Fuck that band. Both LTE and Dream Theater. Are they writing just to impress me? No. Doesn't mean i have no right to criticize it. And just because we aren't playing sold out shows doesn't mean we can't criticize it. I'm gonna.