LTE Reunite

Going to the Chicago show tonight. Should be killer. I'm assuming they'll play the same set list(basically everything I need to hear) they did a few nights ago, which was this:

Acid Rain
Kindred Spirits
Biaxident
Freedom of Speech
Improv Jam -->
Another Dimension
State of Grace
Universal Mind (w/ Keyboard Solo)
Improv Jam -->
Rhapsody in Blue
When the Water Breaks
--Encore--
Osmosis -->
Paradigm Shift

that, apparently, is the set they did at Nearfest and both NYC shows, so I'd say that's probably a good bet. I'd KILL to be able to make it to one of these dates.

Fortunately, pro-camera crews have been at each gig so far and are supposedely going to be at each of the remaining ones too, so at least the rest of us will have that. Have a blast at the gig dude!

Going to the Chicago show tonight. Should be killer. I'm assuming they'll play the same set list(basically everything I need to hear) they did a few nights ago, which was this:

Acid Rain
Kindred Spirits
Biaxident
Freedom of Speech
Improv Jam -->
Another Dimension
State of Grace
Universal Mind (w/ Keyboard Solo)
Improv Jam -->
Rhapsody in Blue
When the Water Breaks
--Encore--
Osmosis -->
Paradigm Shift

wow.

that, apparently, is the set they did at Nearfest and both NYC shows, so I'd say that's probably a good bet. I'd KILL to be able to make it to one of these dates.

Fortunately, pro-camera crews have been at each gig so far and are supposedely going to be at each of the remaining ones too, so at least the rest of us will have that. Have a blast at the gig dude!

yes, yes, yes, I wish I could be there, but a dvd would be very much appreciated... :D

Setlist was same as above tonight in Chicago. Until, that is, Jordan's keyboard began playing everything 1/4 step lower. He was forced to leave the stage and try to remedy this while the rest of the band jammed, and jammed, and jammed, and jammed and jammed...............for about 1hr and 15 min. No joke. Jordan was literally on the phone with people in Japan trying to fix his keyboard.

The jam saw Jordan on guitar, Petrucci on bass simultaneously with Tony on the stick. Then Portnoy on bass and Charlie Benante on drums. Eventually, we were informed the keyboard could not be fixed and that the show was over. We ended up getting shafted on Paradigm Shift and When the Water Breaks. I cannot express how disappointed I am. It wasn't their fault and they played their asses off to try and make up, but those were two songs I desperately wanted to see.

damn...bummer. Last time I saw that happen to a keyboard, the internal battery had died. If that's the case, I doubt he would've been able to do anything to get it fixed apart from getting a tech in there to dissamble and replace it.

man, that's a shame...

What was Jordan like on the guitar?

Shockingly awesome. He was totally shredding and had some great stage moves. He had been offstage for so long that when he re-emerged he walked right to JP and basically demanded the guitar from him. It was clear he was pissed and wanted to be a part of the rest of the show in some way.

I got pics of the whole show and lots of the instrument swapping fiasco that I'll have posted on myspace tomorrow if anyone's interested.

Shockingly awesome. He was totally shredding and had some great stage moves. He had been offstage for so long that when he re-emerged he walked right to JP and basically demanded the guitar from him. It was clear he was pissed and wanted to be a part of the rest of the show in some way.

I got pics of the whole show and lots of the instrument swapping fiasco that I'll have posted on myspace tomorrow if anyone's interested.

What a fugged up way to tour. You'd think he'd have a backup, or a tech that might have been able to fix it (not saying he didn't, or that he didn't try).
I would have shared your disappointment, but then again, you got to see LTE try to wing it! :headbang: Looking forward to the pics!:headbang:

Somethings rotten in the Dream Theater home life...

Time for them to make a documentary about it. Come on. I want to see John Myung talk about his feelings. :)

^ what's your problem man, you're clearly not interested in Dream Theater / LTE so why even come in the thread? Every time there's a discussion about them, you only enter it to bag them, so why bother? We're all clearly fans and are discussing what went down cos we would love to have had the opportunity to see them live, problems and all, so if you don't have anything constructive/non-sarcastic to say, please don't say anything... :rolleyes:

^ what's your problem man, you're clearly not interested in Dream Theater / LTE so why even come in the thread? Every time there's a discussion about them, you only enter it to bag them, so why bother? We're all clearly fans and are discussing what went down cos we would love to have had the opportunity to see them live, problems and all, so if you don't have anything constructive/non-sarcastic to say, please don't say anything... :rolleyes:

I'm with you Dan, Dream theater are gods:worship:

I watched the bootlegs of the improv at the Chicago show. Sorry to say it, but Petrucci was just awful for the better part of it. There were cool spots here and there, but if I had been there and known that it was going to last so long, I would've left a few minutes into it. I appreciate and respect the fact that they decided to deliver something (which was indeed a one of a kind experience that I'm sure some people were happy to see) in light of the fact that they couldn't deliver the rest of the set as planned...most acts would've just called it a night. Furthermore, I don't know anybody who can improvise that long and keep it interesting...especially someone who generally isn't an improviser to begin with and is in such an unstructured/impromptu situation. Oh well....can't win every time.

Portnoy has confirmed a live CD/DVD of the tour and that some sort of official bootleg (through ytsejams or his own site) of the jam last night, which he is already billing as "Liquid Trio Experiment 2", which he has a soundboard mix of. It's still up in the air as to the the contents of the DVD/CD. I'm sure it'll have all the song they've been doing, but since there have been cameras at each show I'm wondering if they will try to pick one show for a more continuitous effect, pick the best peformance of each individual show, etc. I would assume, based on other releases, that there will be loads of bonus features/footage either way. I'm highly looking forward to it.