Lucassen's Star One and Ayreon

tuliosux

The Bird-Serpent Fighter
Aug 27, 2002
Brazil
Visit site
What do you think those two projects, by lucassen?

of course, wich have SX members participating

I bought the star one CD and just happens to be fucking amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later!

Personally I love just about everything that Arjen does, the man's SO creative!

Keep an eye out for my friend Vivien Lalu & his project called Shadrane, though..Vivien is VERY talented & IMO he will give Arjen a run for his money!! :)

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
Personally I love just about everything that Arjen does, the man's SO creative!

Keep an eye out for my friend Vivien Lalu & his project called Shadrane, though..Vivien is VERY talented & IMO he will give Arjen a run for his money!! :)

prewwwwwwwt :)

personally, i would say ...

Dawn of a million souls , in the ayreon cd, flight of the migrator...

gosh...what song is that? how did lucassen created this song?

goddammit, no one can be like that...

Still, i do think that star one's guitar riffs are kindda poor...and so are the solos.

But indeed, the whole cd and the group made the songs really well and arjen showed us his capacity even more.

And the vocals he chose...man...
low pitch, agressive (medium), high pitch and higher pitch

Dan, Russel, Damian and Floor , made the choir seem unique

heh, just loved so much my star one cd :)

Later ! :headbang:

I also noticed that the riffs were a lot more "ordinary" than Arjen's other material, but wasn't that his intention? He stated that Star One was his straight-ahead, less-frills collection of rock songs, which is why he didn't put it out as Ayreon.

So far, I've loved everything by Ayreon and Star One, and I also intend to buy the Ambeon album ASAP. You just canät beat Into The Electric Castle. Amazing Flight is nothing short of astounding.

Well, I have both Into the electric castle and the flight of the migrator. They´re both amazing, and russel kicks ass on dawn of a million souls.
My friends gave me the Space Metal album as a present for my birthday :) , It´s very VERY good in my opinion, songs like set your controls, master of darkness and the eye of RA are my favorite, though I think there are not bad songs ont this cd.

Oh and BTW, I own the limited edition, which is one pof the most beautiful digipacks I´ve seen.

INTERGALACTIVE LAXATIVE RULEZ¡¡¡

you mean the limited edition??
it´s not the typical cd box, it´s a digipack like thing that looks like a mini book (cd size). It´s very well designed, has nice pictures and comes with a BONUS CD with 6 tracks and a hidden seventh
track. the 6 bonus tracks are: Hawkind medley, spaced out, inseparable enemies, space odity (cover of bowie), an enhanced version of star child and an alternative version of spaced out with other vocalists. the mini book has the lyrics for the bonus songs also. I haven´t seen the normal edition though, so maybe it contains the same kind of cool pictures and stuff. The hidden track??... well, I won´t tell you about that :D

well, my star one album has two cds :p

prolly the same songs...didnt have time to listen to the second cd, im still getting used to the first one :p but i heard there's a cover song...and some other stuff

later :headbang:

Yeah, yesterday I saw the the normal version of star one and it also had 2 cds, maybe it was the south american version: we know that S.A versions often have lots of bonus tracks and stuff.

listen to the 7th track on the bonus cd and tell me WHAT THE HELL IS THAT¡¡¡¡?????

The Ayreon stuff other then Into the Electric Castle wasn't progressive enough to keep in my listening rotation. The Ambeon disc does get some playing time when I'm with my wife but his other stuff got old pretty quick including Star One. The singing is very good on all of his releases and if that interests you then his stuff is golden.