Lunar Strain is the best inflames album

1 The Jester Race / Black Ash Inheritence
2 Whoracle
3 Colony
4 Clayman
5 Subterranean
6 Lunar Strain
7 Reroute to Remain

Yea... so as you can see, I don't think Lunar Strain is In Flame's best album. It's alright, very raw, aggressive, but definitely very ... "garagy". Reroute was really a huge disappointment to me, I'd still love to go to an In Flame's show, but the new stuff has all but detached itself to their old signature. I feel if you think LS is their best work, you really should reanalyze their intermediary works of The Jester Race and Whoracle (their masterpieces), they have a lot to offer, and with enough patience will open your eyes to what In Flames is really about.

Reroute to remain ain't that bad, and its certainly NOT nu metal. Just because they toured with slipknot doesn't automatically mean that they are now a nu metal band.

I'd say Clayman was the worst, most of the songs on there don't even get my foot tapping, let alone my head banging.

Whoracle will always be my fave as it has the most classic songs and the interludes are fab and add to the atmosphere. Everything counts is also a kickass song!

To surmise i'd say:

1: Whoracle
2: Colony
3: Lunar Strain
4: TJR
5: Reroute To Remain
6: Clayman

I really adore all the in flames albums (except rtr which is garbage), with clayman edging out tjr and colony by a hair. Personally i think stanne's vocals are a thousand times worse than ander's comparing lunar strain to TJR. Stanne has thankfully sort himself out, and his vocals on damage done are quite glorious. I do however adore all of anders vocals, especially the cry of "i feel so invincible" on clayman.

1. Whoracle
2. Reroute to Remain
3. Lunar Strain
4. The Jester Race
5. Clay Man

(I don't like Colony at all, hellfucked or not.)

I like Lunar Strain. It's the only In Flames album I can listen to from beginning to end without being bored to tears by the filler material. Plus it has the best lyrics IF have ever had.

I totally agree. Lunar Strain and Subterranean are my favourite In Flames records (although Colony is also amazing). The early albums had a naive charm about them that was lost once they became a polished metal band.

R2R isn't all that bad....

people give it too much shit.

Dawn of a new Day is a really different song from what you normally hear, and I like that.....
the band is experimenting...