Lying website!

squeemu

Feb 24, 2003
Southern California
Visit site
Okay, I'm sure nobody will really care, but this has slightly annoyed me for a while now. Why, under the biography section of the dark tranquillity website does it say "to the sombre closing tones of “Ex Nihilo” (the first instrumental in the band’s history)" ?
There are clearly instrumentals on The Gallery AND the Mind's I!

...and "Midwinter" from the demo tape although that's a sort of marginal inclusion. I think the reasoning is that "Mine is the Grandeur..." is a part of "Mine is the Grandeur of Melancholy Burning" which should be considered a whole, but I can't explain away how they overlooked "The Mind's Eye."

Don't forget Archetype :)

And the title bar is "Official Releases / Albums and Mini CD's"

There are probably some more errors, but no big deal. At least we don't have the "Live 2002: Damage Currently Plotted" image anymore :)

i'm sure villain will take care of this soon too, but...

- mine is the grandeur and midwinter are intros, like erik said.

- the mind's eye's original music was not composed by dark tranquillity, just rearranged by them. and if we really want to be picky, it's not at instrumental since vocals in the background murmur "serotonine damaged" or something to that extent.

- archetype is definitely not an instrumental and not a new original song by dt, as it's a remixed medley of parts from different songs.

From what I've heard, the previous DT instrumentals had help outside the band. Ex Nihilo was entirely made by the band without any outside help.

If not... then I am outraged at that web page. *stomps feet*

EDIT: Oh noes!!! Rahvin beat me to it. :)

Sorry, I forgot Archetype since I don't own a copy of ESA:)() and was going from memory/lyrics archive.

And about TMI:

The Mind's Eye score originally written by Morgan Palm and co-arranged with
Fredrick Johansson.

rahvin said:
- the mind's eye's original music was not composed by dark tranquillity, just rearranged by them. and if we really want to be picky, it's not at instrumental since vocals in the background murmur "serotonine damaged" or something to that extent.
I thought it was "dangerous damage." Also there's another sample in it...

Reactions: Steve