Mac help!!!

Radd

Self Portrait
Jul 19, 2005
NJ
www.soundclick.com
I'm on a PC at the moment. Last night I was moving apps and files into my storage drive to free up some HD. Now I can't connect to the net. I know. I'm an idiot.
2 of these files are "connect parameters" and "PPP setup" which I still have but can't remember where they are supposed to be. I've move them around so much, trying to figure it out, that I'm concerned they might be corrupted now, if that's possible. My service provider needs to know where they should be and told me to contact Apple.
Could some kind soul just use your spotlight and tell me where these 2 files belong?
I may have to reinstall OSX. This sucks.

I'd honestly suggest backing up your data (always a good idea) and reinstalling OS X. Neither of those filenames are part of a standard system install, sounds like you must have gotten rid of something else.

Are you on dial-up or ethernet? Perhaps the problem is simply that you've trashed your settings, and that you can re-create those settings again, and that you don't need a reinstall at all?

Hmm...I'm doing the DSL thing. My service provider, Verizon, said that those were Apple files and to contact them. I'm thinking, "Yeah, right. Good luck getting through".
Yeah, I backed up all my data already.

Good new is a reboot in mac pretty fast.... I think you can also choose to "archive" your previous system... been years since I've had too

Nevermind. I got it. Back on mac. Kept playing with network settings and not sure how it happened but I think it created new settings. What a relief.
Thanks again guys.