Machinarium

Williamn

Aug 4, 2009
Ireland - Denmark
machinarium_box_small.jpg

So anyone else enjoying this beautiful game ?.. have been playing it for a hour of two once in a while and I must say its very well made and kinda brings you back to older generation of point and click puzzle games.

personally I just love point and click adventures, with goblins 3 being one of my favorite games of all time.. so feel free to share some suggestions if you know any hidden (indie) gems in that style :)

Beutiful game! And puzzles are just right. P&C genre is somewhat revived these days, but games are mostly too easy or just stupid. I'm playing the fourth chapter of Tales of Monkey Island along side of Machinarium and it's really trivial. I'm playing it just for old times sake and few good dialogs. Machinarium on the other hand is real gem.

I haven't played it yet but I definitely will. I'm a huge adventure game fan. I've played samorost which supposedly is similar, wasn't really impressed but it wasn't bad. Tales of monkey island is awesome btw...especially the 2 last episodes, but not as good as monkey island 1-3.

I haven't played it yet but I definitely will. I'm a huge adventure game fan. I've played samorost which supposedly is similar, wasn't really impressed but it wasn't bad. Tales of monkey island is awesome btw...especially the 2 last episodes, but not as good as monkey island 1-3.
+1
Monkey 1-3 FTW!

The robot head reminds me the castle in Howl's Moving Castle

movingcastle3rf.jpg

Wow, I'm definitely gonna have to check this out - but I know I'll need a walkthru for most of it! (I'm fucking horrible at P&C games :lol: )

Ok the demo teased me enough to get it. Just gotta wait on a friends CC.

Reminds me of games like Myst. I love that game series. I haven't played Uru Live tho or Myst Revelation.

I'd buy it.. but with every game like this all I do is print out a walkthrough and follow the steps cos I get frustrated.

Monkey Island and Toonstruck were awesome game, I wish I still had the CDs.. probly lying somewhere in my garage.

Glad to see this game was news to some people :kickass:.
Im usual also tempted to use a walk trough but tbh it takes most of the fun out of the game and you don't get to experience that nice "ahh so thats how it work !" feeling afterwards when you finally figure it out.

atm im kinda stuck on that triangle puzzle with the red and green dots :cry:.. so frustrating hehe

I'm not far in the game at all and I'm already stuck. Finally got out of jail and outside. Now I'm stuck on the box puzzle. It's cool that it has that book to unlock some clues. I try to stay out of it but eventually I break. The good thing is it doesn't tell you exactly how do do the puzzle.

I'm not far in the game at all and I'm already stuck. Finally got out of jail and outside. Now I'm stuck on the box puzzle. It's cool that it has that book to unlock some clues. I try to stay out of it but eventually I break. The good thing is it doesn't tell you exactly how do do the puzzle.

Uh, how does that book work.. you complete the mini game and get a hint/clue or what ? :saint:

Uh, how does that book work.. you complete the mini game and get a hint/clue or what ? :saint:

Yup, just play the little annoying game and if you make it, it unlocks and reveals a lot of what's going on. So far it hasn't told me exactly what to do but it is a bit of a spoiler.

Small example to a very easy puzzle.

Picture3-1.png

I take a screen shot so I don't have to keep playing the mini game to see the same thing again. *tip*

Stuck on the triangle!! What asshole in the bar?

Edit: The nuts and bolt game? If so, I'm there now. Keep drawing even! Driving me nuts!

edit: beat him.

atm im kinda stuck on that triangle puzzle with the red and green dots :cry:.. so frustrating hehe
SPOILER! *Kinda*
Dam triangle has me going nuts! Spin spin spin what am I supposed to be doing here? I need the dam gun inside, to rescue the dog, so that bitch will give me her dam umbrella! :lol::loco::erk:

Edit: hahahaha Just got it now! Tip?

SPOILER! *Kinda*

All the green should be "inside". I know of no method but at least you know the purpose.

I'm down the elevator now. (the one in the OP pic) Totally lost. It was a mission from hell to get there! Game keeps getting harder.