Men's Olympic Hockey Starts Today

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
So, since we have quite the international participation on these forums, and one can only assume that some of you like hockey as much as I do, I figured I'd make a thread to talk about this Olympic tournament.

As you can probablly guess I'm in America and thus routing for my home team. I'm watching the opening game between the Swiss and Team USA. we're up 3 - 1 at this point with the Swiss pouring it on trying to get back in. It's been a good game but a sloppy one as well - first game I suppose - let these teams get a few games under their belts.

I know Team USA are a bit of underdogs in these Olympics, but I'm crossing my fingers.

So who else is up for some tournament smack talk and such.

GO TEAM USA!!!!!

I'm posting this from my iPhone outside Canada Hockey Place righ now, just waiting to take our seats for the Canada/Norway game right now!

Damn - want to trade places - I'm going to be sitting in my recliner watching the game? I do have a 60" TV at least.

I'm going to try and watch at least all team Finland games. Not going to be easy, though, have to work the days and the games are on during the night. :B It's going to be a rough one...

I'm posting this from my iPhone outside Canada Hockey Place righ now, just waiting to take our seats for the Canada/Norway game right now!

You should've made some distinctive banner so we could try to catch you on tv. :D

I'm going to try and watch at least all team Finland games. Not going to be easy, though, have to work the days and the games are on during the night. :B It's going to be a rough one...

You should've made some distinctive banner so we could try to catch you on tv. :D

Actually I'll be up in the 300 section with my girlfriend holding a big red sign that says "Hockey is Canada's Game" ;) keep your eyes peeled!

I have never felt more racist than while watching this Olympics... I keep yelling racial slurs at non-American competitors. :lol:

I think the term is "Nationalist" not necessarily racist. Bigot yes, racist no. At least if I understand you correctly. :) j/k by the way.

Whatever happens, I really hope we don't win. The nation still hasn't got over the 1995 world championship, and it was 16 fucking years ago :lol:

Did you watch the 3-hour rerun of that final week ago saturday? Only in Finland! :lol:

If we win this tournament, in 2025 I think they will be showing that '95 final and this years final back to back on tv. :lol:

Did you watch the 3-hour rerun of that final week ago saturday? Only in Finland! :lol:

If we win this tournament, in 2025 I think they will be showing that '95 final and this years final back to back on tv. :lol:

Haha, no I didn't. I got enough of that match last summer when some friends of mine blasted the recorded radio transmission from the match over and over again from their stereos. It's absolute madness.

I'm an aussie so theres no horse in this race for me. I told my mate to put money on russia. Canadas obviously gonna steamroll into the final and has the best goaltending but I still think russia can do it. Latvia put up a good fight tonight, missed the usa game. Though my $50 coverage of the olympics should replay everything about 1million times thankfully :lol: