Men's Olympic Hockey Starts Today

One day down - next up USA vs. Norway. Did anyone expect anything but that 8-0 win for Canada last night?

I've been watching several of the womens games as well. Not bad, not bad at all.

One day down - next up USA vs. Norway. Did anyone expect anything but that 8-0 win for Canada last night?

So that's how it ended! I fell asleep around 4-0 or 5-0. :lol:

Nice start for Finland, and Belarus played nice. I was little concerned that they'd start playing dirty after the game was set.

Team USA now 2-0 (little trivia - this is the first time since NHL players have been involved in Olympic hockey that Team USA has started the tournament 2 and 0.) It was still a little sloppy - they played about 2 good periods, but are going to have to put together a complete game to get anywhere in this tournament.

Team Canada is playing tonight - I'll be watching that one too.

Damn that was a tight game for Team Canada - the Swiss made it an interesting game. Can't wait for Sunday nights showdown.

GO TEAM USA!!!!!!!

Tonight's the night - USA vs. Canada. I can't imagine there has been this much excitement for a preliminary round game in a long time. I'll have my ass planted and a bowl of popcorn ready for the excitement - i really hope it's a close game regardless who wins.

GU TEAM USA!!!!

Damn this Czech vs. Russia game is starting out great. You can sort of tell that they hate each other - Alex Ovechkin is hitting everyone he can. This looks like it's shaping up to be a good game.

Tonight's the night - USA vs. Canada. I can't imagine there has been this much excitement for a preliminary round game in a long time. I'll have my ass planted and a bowl of popcorn ready for the excitement - i really hope it's a close game regardless who wins.

GU TEAM USA!!!!

Oh shit I forgot.

Gatdamn, I'll have my ass planted and a bowl of popcorn ready for the excitement too.

May the best team win.

MAY TEAM CANADA WIN FFS :heh:

That was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a LONG time.

I sat in my 1998 USA Roenick sweater and watched knowing that whoever won that battle was going to have earned it.

Damn, what a game.

Ah god, Miller was so, so, so good.

Brodeur left me a bit disappointed, but the last 10 minutes or so of the game were some of the best I saw ever.

Team Canada played better mostly, but Team USA played better in key moments and Miller was terrific. They earned it. Still, if they lose against Russia... :D